Independence Day Contest Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

The instructions were quite specific, no it would not be fine. And thank you very much but you need not speak for me.

DeletedUser

Technically they are not specific.
The photo must include the sign and the player submitting it. The actual person, not just the name. This means you.
That does not state that I need to be holding a sign or create a sign on paint or something of that sort. It doesn't say that it can't be an altered picture etc. So in regards to this where does my picture stand?

DeletedUser

It does not meet the guidelines. It must include the sign (meaning the sign you create) and the player (meaning you, the player, live in the flesh holding the sign). I am sorry if some people are misinterpreting the phrase "the actual person" as something other than the actual person holding the created sign.

DeletedUser

Well lets be straight here the guidelines are not very specific. Your guidelines just say that you must be in a picture and a sign must say Happy Independence Day Grepolis. If you wanted to be more specific you need to say You must have a sign that you are holding that says Happy Independence Day Grepolis. Just saying if you want to enforce the rules that are not specific in which you say they are.

DeletedUser

I am not here to debate this with you, you asked for clarification, I clarified:

The sign must include "Happy Independence Day Grepolis" and the name of the player submitting it.

The photo must include the sign and the player submitting it. The actual person, not just the name. This means you.

You clearly understand now. No further discussion is required.

DeletedUser10624

People making this ENTIRELY too difficult.

Although, I do understand that some people prefer the anonymity with games like this and would probably prefer to leave their face out of stuff, I see that in this contest the rules state you must be in the photo along with your sign. The fact that it says photo means it's a photograph, taken with some type of camera, of you and a sign. I don't want to put a picture of myself out there on the internet so I won't be participating, but I like the concept of this contest and I fail to understand the confusion people are having with it.

DeletedUser

I kind of thought there would be more entries. I put an actual photo of myself in the picture. That's my real name and player name. The picture is a rendition of me from the photo standing on the dock beside a 3-masted ship (from a different photo) with the American flag flying from the mast (it's actually an 1812 flag) with fireworks. Happy (red) Independence (white) Day (Blue) Grepolis (Yellow) and dated 2014. This was originally a picture I did of myself as a sea captain in the late 1600's with the muted colors actually available in oils of that day. I hope that I didn't make people feel bad cause they could do something like this. My family have been artists for centuries and my son is a graphics artist for video games. I am into fashion design myself. My advice to anyone at any age... you want to be good at something start doing it today. Do it tomorrow too. Every day... Until you can not see a day when you shouldn't be doing it. Then, you will great. Writing, drawing, painting, car mechanic, house builder, cupcake maker.... just do it. BTW the term "Just do it" is from the Greek word Nike.... in case you thought they made it up too to sell sneakers... LOL