Greetings and Salutations!

DeletedUser11502

Greeting and Salutations to all within the vast lands of Grepolis; whether ye be king, knight, jester or knave.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank ye, the populous of these great worlds, be ye a novice or expert, for giving each world its uniqueness and energy.

I am Antz2013, or if you prefer Antz. I am the Server Administrator for the US server. I invite you to join us in celebration of a new era as our new Community Manager, Medic911 or Medi, begins the perilous task of leading our server into the future.

We appreciate your feedback on the path that we are leading, be it good or bad. We ask for ye understanding in that while all suggestions may be considered not all may be accepted.

In the forums, we are amused with the daily boasting, challenges, quips and general banter. I would remind all that there are those knaves out there that sometimes fail to recognize that not all comments are appreciated and we have a team of dedicated volunteers that risk those verbal battlefields to right those wrongs. If you find a comment that you think needs to be reviewed, please hit the ‘report’ option for the comment.

The Grepolis Wiki team are working hard to keep the wiki information current, however considering the large mass of information, gaps do happen and if ye note any, please let us know at https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?forums/the-wiki.84/

The In Game Support Team is also busy answering your questions and finding those knaves that consider the rules inconvenient. We thank and appreciate everyone that assists in finding these knaves however please remember that the support team needs to use the support tools to prove those dastardly deeds, which is not as easy as it sounds. Keep in mind that knowing a knave is ignoring a rule and proving it are two very different things. You can get hold of the support team with support tickets at https://support.innogames.com/login/to/game/grepo/market/us.

Antz

US Server Admin

DeletedUser9276

Your in game support team sucks. Tell them to be more responsive

DeletedUser9276

We had a player get banned. Took them over 24 hours to respond to his appeal. Thats unacceptable in most business

DeletedUser11502

I would agree, ideally we would prefer to have a response as quickly as possible.

DeletedUser9276

Not to mention the issue of inconsistency. We had a player get a 24 hour ban for language awhile back. Some guy has thrown the kitchen sink full of insults at one of our players and he's still here.

I see guys get 3 day bans for botting and other players get longer bans for far less egregious things.

It would help if you all had a list of bannable offense and what the standard ban is for each offense for a first time offender. As it is now things are left at the mods discretion. That isn't right. Especially when some alliances have mods playing in them.

DeletedUser9276

I know this isn't neccesarily your fault mate, but laying out the issues I have had with the moderation teams here and on the en servers for the 5+ years I have been playing this game.

DeletedUser11502

Thank you for the expressing your concerns.

First I would point out that bans from affronts (reported messages) follow a specific process that is completely separate from all other bans.

In regards to the other bans, we have specific guidelines that are set by the Developers and all Moderators are required to follow them.

I can only discuss the processes that we follow for the US server. For en, you would need to talk to that server's team

DeletedUser11502

It would be but we are not permitted to due to InnoGames policy.

DeletedUser5524

That is a stupid policy. If our suggestions can't be done is there anything you guys can do to try and draw Inno's attention to make changes.

Edit: This is in response to future responses as well as the above saying that almost all of the player requests are against Inno's Policies. I know its not the mods fault and am not blaming you guys.

DeletedUser11502

Suggestions can be made to the Community Manager, who, in turn at her discretion can implement them or can relay them to Grepolis (InnoGames) depending on the nature of the suggestion.

DeletedUser11502

Unfortunately I cannot discuss ban specifics in a general forum. I would point out any discussions on bans is specifically against the posted rules. The reason the above conversation occurred was because it was generic in nature and did not delve into specifics. I would encourage you to self-edit your post.

DeletedUser11502

Unfortunately I cannot discuss ban specifics in a general forum. I would point out any discussions on bans is specifically against the posted rules. The reason the above conversation occurred was because it was generic in nature and did not delve into specifics. I would encourage you to self-edit your post.

DeletedUser15357

Antz! Welcome, some thoughts from good ole Beasty :D

1) When a MOD plays a world to ensure it does well and etc, that MOD cannot lead NOR join an alliance NOR post on the externals/report external anything. This is TWICE now I've put a in game MOD in their place (both through war and verbal history/proving them a liar) and they take personal feelings out on specific players. This is COMPLETELY unfair. Esp, when INNO and the higher-ups ALWAYS back their MODs. The MOD should ONLY be a "Lone Wolf" and just do whatever in the game but cannot have the possibility of winning, joining/creating a team and etc.

1a) Now a MOD may join a world and play and win and do everything that opposes the top part, but ONLY if they are not a MOD for the world they're in and just a specific player. In which, the MOD rights and "rule" where they get backed on everything is null and void for that world. Otherwise a MOD can abuse the rights (happened here) and report specific players but not report or even begin to acknowledge far worse players/offenses.

2) Calling people such names like and worse and related (if that breaks rules and needs changing sorry, just giving example) should be intolerable and cause for immediate attackable ban - If this needs to go to the "suggestions" part, I'll send that in :)

This is ridiculous, unacceptable, and downright wrong. It's one thing to call someone a noob and go off like that. WHOLE other thing to be mouthing off insults such as those. I also propose that if a player is banned twice for the same thing in the same world (regarding this) the player is banned from the game permanently. Those players aren't needed regardless of how much money they spend. Inno/Grepo loses WAY more players and therefore customers when a player of this nature comes along and isn't dealt with or "turned the other way" from.

3) Anything reported and interpretation of the rules should not be solely up to the viewpoint of one MOD. It should be a general consensus of ALL Grepo MODs/managers. This way, there's no unfairness and helps eliminate problem #1 I presented. For example, if I say "leedleleedlelee" (again, example, sorry) one MOD may not view it as breaking the rules whereas another may. This is the current "law" in place for Grepo. And it causes favoritism and unfairness (see point #1).

4) You saying "Sunvaar is the light of everyone's World in Oropos" would be FAN-STINKING-TASTIC! :DDDDDDDDD
Inside joke that upsets the noobzzzzzz :p

Appreciate you and excited for the new chapter!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14770

Since you er a new mod and u seem like a decent non fascist kinnda guy , just out of pure curiosety , would you by any chance be Able to give me an educated answer as to wy the Word "BOOP" is somehow the equivelant as setting a baby on fire in times square , not that i am speaking of anything specific but if you would entertain me with an answer i would find that very usefull ..

thank u o great and illustrus gods of grepolis
kind regards panda (a non boop affiliated player)

DeletedUser11502

Before I respond to these comments I would like to point out that Moderators are experienced players that have VOLUNTEERED to help other players and help ensure that all players are following the rules equally regardless if they play for free or use the premium options. The In Game Support Team numbers less than 15 and covers all active worlds. They spend many hours a week either answering player support tickets or enforcing rules.

In a typical day they may answer tickets that may ask for specific rule clarification, may need to provide instructions on how to launch an attack or assist players that are experiencing difficulty accessing Grepolis, among others. The Moderators also investigate player reported accusations against other players or against whole alliances.

Then we get to really serious tickets which can range from players verbally abusing or physically threatening other players (yes, we do have a few players that literally seek each other out and fight it out in real life), players verbally abusing or physically threatening Moderators (we have had Mods threaten with assault and even rape) and players making threats against themselves. Regardless of the potential of these actual threats, we take them seriously and they do take a toll of the Moderators who have to answer them.

smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

In response to your comments

1) When a MOD plays a world to ensure it does well and etc, that MOD cannot lead NOR join an alliance NOR post on the externals/report external anything. This is TWICE now I've put a in game MOD in their place (both through war and verbal history/proving them a liar) and they take personal feelings out on specific players. This is COMPLETELY unfair. Esp, when INNO and the higher-ups ALWAYS back their MODs. The MOD should ONLY be a "Lone Wolf" and just do whatever in the game but cannot have the possibility of winning, joining/creating a team and etc.

1a) Now a MOD may join a world and play and win and do everything that opposes the top part, but ONLY if they are not a MOD for the world they're in and just a specific player. In which, the MOD rights and "rule" where they get backed on everything is null and void for that world. Otherwise a MOD can abuse the rights (happened here) and report specific players but not report or even begin to acknowledge far worse players/offenses.

I would like to dispel a myth in regards to this. The Support Team does not send players into worlds to ‘monitor’ them. If an In Game Moderator is playing in a world, it’s because they simply want to play the game and, while there, they have the same rights and privileges as any other player and are subject to the same rules as any other player and are actually held to a higher standard as they are expected to know and follow the rules. We also expect their conduct to be held as a positive example.

We take a very dim view of Moderators using their access for their advantage. Any reports of Moderators using their access for their advantage are investigated by the Community Manager and, if proven, result in the Moderator being sanctioned or removed from the Support team. Over the years several Moderators have be found doing so and have been removed from the support team shortly thereafter.

We also take a dim view of players claiming to be Moderators but are not.

On a personal note, turning VOLUNTEERS that help the Grepolis community into second class muted punching bags is not my idea of encouraging them. If you think going 'Lone Wolf', as described by you above, is a good idea... please try it and let me know how it works out for you.

1) Calling people such names like and worse and related (if that breaks rules and needs changing sorry, just giving example) should be intolerable and cause for immediate attackable ban - If this needs to go to the "suggestions" part, I'll send that in
clip_image001.png

2) This is ridiculous, unacceptable, and downright wrong. It's one thing to call someone a noob and go off like that. WHOLE other thing to be mouthing off insults such as those. I also propose that if a player is banned twice for the same thing in the same world (regarding this) the player is banned from the game permanently. Those players aren't needed regardless of how much money they spend. Inno/Grepo loses WAY more players and therefore customers when a player of this nature comes along and isn't dealt with or "turned the other way" from.

The current rules state that players can respectfully taunt others. If you encounter anyone going beyond that, report it.

If it is in a PM, we have to follow the process set by the Developers which was developed in accordance to numerous national and international laws that regulate private communications.

If it is in an alliance forum, they are the responsibility of the alliance Founders and Leaders.

3) Anything reported and interpretation of the rules should not be solely up to the viewpoint of one MOD. It should be a general consensus of ALL Grepo MODs/managers. This way, there's no unfairness and helps eliminate problem #1 I presented. For example, if I say "leedleleedlelee" (again, example, sorry) one MOD may not view it as breaking the rules whereas another may. This is the current "law" in place for Grepo. And it causes favoritism and unfairness (see point #1).

We are bound by privacy policies when discussing player accounts even amongst ourselves. this being said, when possible, we do attempt to double and even triple check certain player issues prior to a punishment being levied. Does this happen every time, no for the simple reason of logistics. There are times when only a single Moderator may be online, or another Moderator is playing that particular world (which excludes them from any conversation regarding that world) or the breach of the rules is obvious. Senior members of the Moderation Team also review bans and tickets to ensure that proper procedures are followed by the Moderation Team.

4) You saying "Sunvaar is the light of everyone's World in Oropos" would be FAN-STINKING-TASTIC! :DDDDDDDDD

Yeah, good luck with that
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

Since you er a new mod and u seem like a decent non fascist kinnda guy , just out of pure curiosety , would you by any chance be Able to give me an educated answer as to wy the Word "BOOP" is somehow the equivelant as setting a baby on fire in times square , not that i am speaking of anything specific but if you would entertain me with an answer i would find that very usefull ..

thank u o great and illustrus gods of grepolis
kind regards panda (a non boop affiliated player)[

"New mod"
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

"fascist" - "Since the emergence of fascism in Europe in the first half of the 20th century, the term fascist has frequently been used as a pejorative epithet against a wide range of individuals, political movements, governments, and public institutions, including those that would not usually be classified as fascist in mainstream political science. It usually serves as an emotionally loaded substitute for authoritarian." (from wiki.org) - Interesting...

If you want "BOOP" to be reviewed, please send in a support ticket. The Team will be more than happy to give you a response.

DeletedUser15357

Before I respond to these comments I would like to point out that Moderators are experienced players that have VOLUNTEERED to help other players and help ensure that all players are following the rules equally regardless if they play for free or use the premium options. The In Game Support Team numbers less than 15 and covers all active worlds. They spend many hours a week either answering player support tickets or enforcing rules.

In a typical day they may answer tickets that may ask for specific rule clarification, may need to provide instructions on how to launch an attack or assist players that are experiencing difficulty accessing Grepolis, among others. The Moderators also investigate player reported accusations against other players or against whole alliances.

Then we get to really serious tickets which can range from players verbally abusing or physically threatening other players (yes, we do have a few players that literally seek each other out and fight it out in real life), players verbally abusing or physically threatening Moderators (we have had Mods threaten with assault and even rape) and players making threats against themselves. Regardless of the potential of these actual threats, we take them seriously and they do take a toll of the Moderators who have to answer them.

In response to your comments

I would like to dispel a myth in regards to this. The Support Team does not send players into worlds to ‘monitor’ them. If an In Game Moderator is playing in a world, it’s because they simply want to play the game and, while there, they have the same rights and privileges as any other player and are subject to the same rules as any other player and are actually held to a higher standard as they are expected to know and follow the rules. We also expect their conduct to be held as a positive example.

We take a very dim view of Moderators using their access for their advantage. Any reports of Moderators using their access for their advantage are investigated by the Community Manager and, if proven, result in the Moderator being sanctioned or removed from the Support team. Over the years several Moderators have be found doing so and have been removed from the support team shortly thereafter.

We also take a dim view of players claiming to be Moderators but are not.

On a personal note, turning VOLUNTEERS that help the Grepolis community into second class muted punching bags is not my idea of encouraging them. If you think going 'Lone Wolf', as described by you above, is a good idea... please try it and let me know how it works out for you.

The current rules state that players can respectfully taunt others. If you encounter anyone going beyond that, report it.

If it is in a PM, we have to follow the process set by the Developers which was developed in accordance to numerous national and international laws that regulate private communications.

If it is in an alliance forum, they are the responsibility of the alliance Founders and Leaders.

We are bound by privacy policies when discussing player accounts even amongst ourselves. this being said, when possible, we do attempt to double and even triple check certain player issues prior to a punishment being levied. Does this happen every time, no for the simple reason of logistics. There are times when only a single Moderator may be online, or another Moderator is playing that particular world (which excludes them from any conversation regarding that world) or the breach of the rules is obvious. Senior members of the Moderation Team also review bans and tickets to ensure that proper procedures are followed by the Moderation Team.

Yeah, good luck with that
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

"New mod"
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

"fascist" - "Since the emergence of fascism in Europe in the first half of the 20th century, the term fascist has frequently been used as a pejorative epithet against a wide range of individuals, political movements, governments, and public institutions, including those that would not usually be classified as fascist in mainstream political science. It usually serves as an emotionally loaded substitute for authoritarian." (from wiki.org) - Interesting...

If you want "BOOP" to be reviewed, please send in a support ticket. The Team will be more than happy to give you a response.

First things first: hahahahahahahahaha great responses. I'll respond to my points though:

1) Although I had forgotten who had told me this (it was a MOD at the time), but the person said that they are in the world and moderating the world as they play. That's why I posted what I did, from the "lone wolf" to the "MODs shouldn't be a MOD in a world they play" as I was under the belief that this was true. I want to say the person for Marathon told me this BUT I don't remember for sure. Just that this was told to me. Thanks for clearing that up!

2)If it is in an alliance forum, they are the responsibility of the alliance Founders and Leaders.

^^^^ They had 0 care about it. However, why is it up to them? If it's reported is this answer given or is it treated the same as any reported mail? In which, these are poor leaders to begin with but that's besides the point..

3) Policy - while ignorant of them, just seems like there's a better way. But, I'll leave this where it's at.

4) I tired at least lol

Side Note: Regarding the very top part about real life fights and etc. I've seen this, heard about it and had a close friend get taken to court over this game. People are crazy that's for sure. I DO appreciate EVERY MOD in their fight against this nonsense and poorness. My best friend committed suicide right in front of me so I understand of the pain of even having to deal with a threatening suicidal person and the inner worry that it might be real. I will always defend every MOD in this.

Lastly, considering the amount of myths, bad information, and etc regarding MODs. Maybe there should be a dedicated thread in the Wiki or in the externals here describing what they do, are responsible for, and cannot do?

thank you for addressing it all!

DeletedUser14770

Thank you for the history lesson.
It was meant as a compliment, we have sent in numerus support tickets about boop and pete the hamster..

We are still awaiting clarefication..
We usually are just told that Boop is offensive.