Gold

I totally agree there Chirality, it is the ridiculous amt that i have a problem with. These events put normal players and even others at a disadvantage to those who keep refiling the wheel. It should be a one time thing to refill.

DeletedUser2568

I agree that some gold here is actually a good thing. I am gold spender and try to use it wisely... I have a harder time spending gold on the christmas wheel than I did on the halloween event only because I controlled more of what I got with that.

@Al, I like them having events occasionally, I think the Christmas Event is just so close to the Halloween event that we start to think they run together and it causes an endless supply... it moderation in my opinion... but then again there will be tons who think they should ahve more so they can spend more.

Gold usage is fine bc i use some but when you can replace a nuke in 3 days how is a normal player able to compete. It is not only the event, when that happens over and over it puts you at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser

I spend less then 10 bucks a month....don't overdo it Al....every player has got to learn how to play eventually.

DeletedUser

But, in all honesty...Inno has some kind of nonsense special buffs "WAY" too much...I mean after xmas...we have valentines?? Easter? LOL..doesn't stop. Getting 40 hops/hr for 6 hours is ridiculous! For players like me..to build 40 hops takes half a day!

Toobe I know, for me maybe about the same. As for builds yeah I use pop growth a lot call of the ocean but when you can replace a full force in 2 or 3 days cmon what's the point commiting, really.. The events are fine if they have limits, but Inno wants money so that will not happen...
Rather risk the integrity for the money, GREED.. Instead of advertising the game being free like they do. Should add fine print lol...

DeletedUser

That's the problem...wife would kill me if I spent over 10.00 a month for this LOL, AND this is my form of entertainment..OB use to spend a 100 on this game/month...sadly he just never quite grasped it. If I had that amount of cash to spend...well, there's no telling what would be possible. The money spent should be capped...but hey, "big business" always wins at the end. It just doesn't really allow really Good players to use absolutely everything they know about this game and come out ahead vs an above average player who spends what they would on their cell phone on this game a month.

Cmon Al, I know personally, you spend lots more then me. But, like I said, there should be a cap to make the game even/balance. To let the truly skilled players (ahem, like myself) shine a bit more :)

LOL, yeah I am sure the wife would kill you ha.. When you combine endless gold with a good to better than good player well that's when it gets insane.. A good player cannot shine here bc honestly you can compete against a gold alliance, impossible especially the rebuild time it takes, too much..

LOL, as for me maybe at one time toobe but not any more LOL

DeletedUser2568

ROFL... this is as civil as I have seen you two. I guess talking about how our wives would kill us if they found out how much time and money we spent on grepo brings even enemies together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stranger things happen Trav, Toobe and i have history. For as much as we go at it, I do respect him as a player. Just do not correct anyone's grammar bc it is against the rules :)

DeletedUser

Man how i hate people that complain about gold users. Its a resource yes you have to pay for it, but if someone wants to spend their money on gold your just gonna have to learn to deal with it. Do i use gold yes. Do i spend more than 100 a month yes. do i go crazy and rack up 600k gold no. I use it as i need it. If you dont like the events dont use them. This ia a war game where you must use everything you can to your advantage.

So what if we can rebuild troops faster. Dont like it go join a speed one world where no attacks each other cause it takes too long to rebuild. You have to keep pace with the world your in and with some WW world done and them coming here get use to it or get out.

3 days to rebuild an LS nuke.... takes you that long. I love how some people think that it cant be done faster. but dont tell people that then they think your cheating and using bots. Not understanding game mechanics resource production the amount of cities you have and the capacity of all their warehouse's there is no need to click on one farm if you have 20 cities or more. but i guess maxing resource buildings markets and getting merch shop to move rez around faster is cheating. Just because you cant figure out how to do it.

rant over

DeletedUser

On one hand, tackle, I get your point. A player that knows the game can fight evenly with gold users. Yes, it is a war game and as such it doesn't have to be fair. "All is fair in love and war."

On the other hand though - you have to realize that spending more than 50-100$/month is literally like having 3-4 subscription accounts. It's also more than the cost of a AAA title. And I do agree with you to a certain extent but I also can't help but disagree. Because as much as "all is fair in war" so should war be about tactics, strategy and strength, not about the size of your wallet.

But hey, to me it doesn't matter how much money anyone spends on this game. I'm here to have fun and as long as I find Grepolis enjoyable I will come back no matter what benefits gold users get.

~T.

DeletedUser

Torgaddon,

When i first started playing Grep i did not use gold, I played to fill in time while i played other pay to play games. when i quit those games i had allocated income for gaming that i was not using any more. So what made more sense than to start using it. I dont always have gold there are times i go weeks with 2 gold but im still as effective, yes take slightly longer without gold to rebuild but it forces you to play smart. But when i have it i will use it as i see fit to gain faster than my enemies.

What most people forget about gold users is how much they help their Alliance members. i have taken and hand over more cities than i have myself getting players that dont use gold the ability to grow. having then support my sieges to get BP so there losses are minimal , just to give them the city and not asking for anything in return as it would hurt them more.

This game is very enjoyable but the constant crying that gold users are cheaters and i cant hang with them everyone should be winners mentality, Drives me up a wall. Life is not fair there are winners and losers. people need to learn to deal with situation in diffrent ways than complaining.

I wish i made 400k a year but i dont go home crying to my mommy everyday cause i dont make that much. I put my big boy pants on and go work for what i want how ever long it takes.

Tackle83 are you even on this server, stop trolling. If you are i apologize...

I am not saying gold is bad or wrong what i am saying is when it is used to the amount it is on Pella a good player has no chance. When you can rebuild a nuke in 12 hrs 2k slingers every 12 hrs how is that fair to an avg player.. If you are good to great player why are you hiding behind the Gold..

I am a very active and good player 10 to 15 dollars each month i use appx. So its not like i do not use it , I just choose not to use my wallet as a weapon.
This game is all about strategy not how much you can spend. 3 days my azz, it takes a nuke a week min to build or more. When you half it or further that no stopping that..
The events are so ridiculous bc you can refill endless times, creates an unfair edge.. Gold users 99% of the time are no more than average.

DeletedUser

If you cant beat heavy gold users, u are clearly doing something wrong. There are some things in this game gold cant help u with, u gotta figure it out. I will agree, not sure the size of ur ls nukes, but i have nukes 320 and larger. Gonna take about a week no gold to get it back in shape. Nothing makes me happier when someone golds up a wall or units just for them to quit the world a day later.....

DeletedUser

Tackle83 are you even on this server, stop trolling. If you are i apologize...

I am not saying gold is bad or wrong what i am saying is when it is used to the amount it is on Pella a good player has no chance. When you can rebuild a nuke in 12 hrs 2k slingers every 12 hrs how is that fair to an avg player.. If you are good to great player why are you hiding behind the Gold..

I am a very active and good player 10 to 15 dollars each month i use appx. So its not like i do not use it , I just choose not to use my wallet as a weapon.
This game is all about strategy not how much you can spend. 3 days my azz, it takes a nuke a week min to build or more. When you half it or further that no stopping that..
The events are so ridiculous bc you can refill endless times, creates an unfair edge.. Gold users 99% of the time are no more than average.

Al,

Do you really think i would post here if i did not play on pella. Obviously i would be one of those people you say is not fair and average. But i guess average is all it take to take cities from your alliance.

I normally do not post on externals but i had about enough of the talk. If you dont know how to kill a gold user or make them quit i feel sorry for you. I have heard you can be a good player but pride is hard to swallow. I would consider you average as i have seen nothing to impress me. FYI you can make 2k slings in a couple hrs not 12. you can make 8 to 9k sling in 12 hrs. I dont think that people that dont use gold are lesser players. I have run into some that have hand me my a**.

please play the game and if you cant find a way to deal with the gold users go jump in a cold pool and walk it out for a couple mins. then come back and try again. Respect is earned and complaining makes you look weak. I would have more respect for any player that could say hey nicely done i dont use gold but you do. But ill fight you till the end. the usual trash talk would be better than the accusations and saying you going to report people.

I will say your in a tough spot but you have burned to many bridges. GL to you and your many alliances.

LOL, what is your name then bc what you have here is not what registers in Pella. Oh please tell me how to kill a gold user great one, full of yourself and prob a duplicate acct of someone i know well lol...
Burned bridges lol that is too funny sure whatever you say. Yes Silent you are good at golding but that does not make you a good player, strategy is and using gold to create a nuke in that amt of time is sad..

As for reporting players well your alliance had how many banned recently LOL, find a hole and crawl in it and stop trolling.

DeletedUser

LOL, what is your name then bc what you have here is not what registers in Pella. Oh please tell me how to kill a gold user great one, full of yourself and prob a duplicate acct of someone i know well lol...
Burned bridges lol that is too funny sure whatever you say. Yes Silent you are good at golding but that does not make you a good player, strategy is and using gold to create a nuke in that amt of time is sad..

As for reporting players well your alliance had how many banned recently LOL, find a hole and crawl in it and stop trolling.

Im not silent and as you can see this is one of the couple from the years. how many were banned oh great one... 2 one that was banned for using a farming bot and then ther was Antok who was soft banned for 3 days during the peace time. He quit for be accused of cheating would not be given any prof and decided not to play anymore after the ban on principle. how many are hard banned right now in yours more than 2 but whos counting.

Al you remind me of a player on marathon. I will enjoy my time here on pella.

Hey all i am saying is if you need to gold you are not a good player and i stand by that 100 percent. As for your time here have fun and play fair, oh try not to get banned LOL..

DeletedUser

cant get banned if you dont cheat.

until you realize that gold does not make the player it amplifies what that player can do. I have seen golders that could not grasp the concept of dodging or back snipe. but they sure could build troops and try to kill you.

If your a bad player you will be bad no matter how much gold you use.