Gold

DeletedUser2568

Very true on that as i also have seen bad players spend way to much but if using gold is your crutch then sy not a good player..

define your meaning of crutch here Al. Are you saying using gold at all is a crutch and makes someone not a good player? Cause for me, I started playing the game back in 1.0 when the only thing gold was used for was advisors and I played without using gold. The minute I switched and used gold for the advisors the game changed, command view with admin made things SOOOOO much easier. Its the smart thing to do, not because its a crutch but because its better tactics.

While I do agree that someone being able to gold a nuke, or a city in a couple hours/days sucks, I think a player who knows the game can deal with them whether or not that person uses or doesnt use gold.

DeletedUser

This discussion about gold can go on forever.

There's too many factors that go into playing Grepolis properly to conclusively say whether gold is good or bad.
Gold only makes the game simpler, not easier. Simpler because repercussions of you actions aren't quite as big if you're using it. But it's not easier. You're still gonna have a tough time if you're not in a good alliance or if you don't know how the game works or a million other things that go into winning, fighting and conquering in Grepolis. Without gold you need to know how the game works in order to be competitive.

~T.

Indeed it can which is why I am done lol. Trav I am not saying any amt of gold is wrong. Advisors are awesome and the occasionally speed up in a pinch..
What I am saying is when you need vast amounts of gold to conqueror your enemy (like 2200 slings in 3hrs) or even a day for that matter.
There is a pattern to beat gold players and I have done it before but every now and then you come across players that those perimeters do not matter.. I just think its sad spending that much and just laugh but at the same time will not think you are a good player..

DeletedUser2568

@torgaddon - I agree it makes it simpler but I think using gold for premium advisors makes it easier... I mean being able to track movements in one place versus having to go to each city to see them makes a huge difference.

@Al, I can agree with you on that, definition of using gold as a crutch.

DeletedUser

@torgaddon - I agree it makes it simpler but I think using gold for premium advisors makes it easier... I mean being able to track movements in one place versus having to go to each city to see them makes a huge difference.

@Al, I can agree with you on that, definition of using gold as a crutch.

Well, I've never had a problem not using advisers. lol

DeletedUser2568

Well, I've never had a problem not using advisers. lol

Lol I didnt either, but found it much easier with Admin. That is really the only advisor I have found to be extremely useful throughout the game. Captain is great early on and then during WW, but the others are useful but not necessary.

DeletedUser

lol yeah, Captain is definitely very useful in the beginning. Saves clicks. :D