Game Field Shaded out and not playable after Maintenance

DeletedUser

No, they didn't tell me that. Just something I deduced from what was added in the "supposed" upgrade. There is obviously something added that is causing the page from fully loading.

DeletedUser

This is what is happening. (*****) is my work's name that I changed. The firewall is now seeing the new updates as a virus, and is blocking it from fully loading.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (*****_virus_found) http://us9.grepolis.com/cache/js/merged/game.js?1368038753
Uncaught ReferenceError: Bootstrap is not defined index:793
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'enabled' of undefined index:1245
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (*****_Block_page) http://cdn.grepolis.com/images/game/toolbar/docks.png

And yes...I sent this to support.

DeletedUser

We are constantly working to fix any issues that arise, if it is working again, thats a good thing. :)

DeletedUser

My firewall support is saying the following.

The requested site has been compromised and was hosting malware during the last analysis. The site will remain blocked until this behavior changes.

Kariella

Hoplite
if they blocked it... thats bad... cuz now its not even a grep issue... what I did was use my iphone hotspot... I kept my lan plugged in and then connected wifi to my hotspot and then bridged the connections and amazingly it worked... microsoft is still probably scratching there heads (or other parts) that they made something that actually worked...

DeletedUser

We are not hosting malware, I am guessing they are interpreting some function of the game incorrectly but I can't say for sure. It has been escalated but if your company is blocking it, we cannot force them to let it through. Looks like you will not be able to play from work.

DeletedUser

The firewall is not blocking the entire site, only the docks.png file. That file is what is getting flagged. Other .png files from the same hosting site are working/getting through.

DeletedUser

If you are at work, then the firewall is probably blocking the site again. Seeing it as a potential risk. An update in the code is being flagged as a potential virus/malware by firewalls, which is causing the site to be blocked, or as we see it not fully loading.

This is what is being blocked -
Virus Name: MGW: Heuristic.BehavesLike.JS.Unwanted

Kariella

Hoplite
working again... its so odd... like the game gets to that pic I posted and it hangs for a sec and then it either goes through or doesnt...

Kariella

Hoplite
here is an odd twist... today, I can login to zeta, but I cannot login to lambda... so
1. either it is a server issue and the patch or whatever changes being made are not applied to all servers
2. it is an ingame setting... I know I have my setting in each game different... I will have to compare when I get home...

but definitely not a user issue at this point... if you can get into 1 server then your computer works (well at least at this point it is highly unlikely a user issue)

hopefully these updates and observations are useful... if not tell me to take a hike :)