Game Field Shaded out and not playable after Maintenance

Kariella

Hoplite
Was playing fine at work, then got logged out of grep with an onscreen grep maintenace saying grep is logging me out due to maintenace. After that, I am unable to play... I can login, but the picture below is what I see...

I am assuming that grep changed some kinda network setting as if I disconnect from my work internet and use my iphone as a wireless hotspot then everything works fine... so just fyi i guess

server zeta
name kariella
I followed all the instructions for the bug section
IE8 and Latest Chrome and Firefox (on fresh installs)

all my text dissappeared... let me retype and resubmit this

and wow... you guys are fast... for some reason after the pic uploade i hit submit and my text was gone... so I hadda retype it and bam 2 of you replied... thanks and sry above is a better picture of what happened... probably my problem to deal with but figured I would post it in case you did change network... port... server.. etc...

/edit update... I noticed that the screenshot I posted is what the screen looks like just before it goes live into the game, so I normally see this screen anyway but then it goes to live, where here it just gets stuck

/edit here is the error message my browser gets

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDR; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Wed, 8 May 2013 19:49:17 UTC

Line: 793
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://us7.grepolis.com/game/index?loginXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I X'd out my login info)

Line: 1210
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://us7.grepolis.com/game/index?loginXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I X'd out my login info)

but again, I only get this error on my work internet

Attachments

• grepaftermaint.jpg
    grepaftermaint.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

DeletedUser271

Did you try to play with another browser ? Did you clear your cache and cookies ?

Maybe you could just write some words explaining what's happening instead of just posting an image -_-'

EDIT : Sorry, I didn't you message edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you are using IE, please try Firefox or Chrome. We have had quite a few tickets about bugs after the update and every one so far has been fixed by NOT using IE. If this is not your issue, please be sure your browser is to the most current version, clear your cookies and cache, and reload. If that does not fix it, please put in a support ticket.

DeletedUser

I am having the same issue. Actually just got done installing a new version of Chrome. Everything is up to date. Happening on my EN server since yesterday.

DeletedUser

Also try refreshing, whenever this happens to me, such works 90% of the time. Currently using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.65, on a Mac, haven't had such happen in a while, though I know it can happen.

DeletedUser

Yes. Re-installed...made sure everything is up to date. Happens on all browsers.

DeletedUser

All of them? I got nothing. Maybe waiting longer, or just giving it a day and praying no one notices?

DeletedUser

I can still play with the phone-app, just not the browser.

DeletedUser

Yes. Is your Flash up to date? Or you using an older version of flash? I am running 11.7.700.169

DeletedUser

I am getting the exact same issues on my PC also. Works fine on my phone but play field stays blue on my PC. Happen right after the upgrade. Was working fine just before the system logged me out for the reboot. I have updated everything and still the same problem.

DeletedUser2572

Where do you all work? Im having the same issue at work

Kariella

Hoplite
Where do you all work? Im having the same issue at work

well I am not sure if it so much a where question... I am sure that many corporations use the same basic firewall guidelines... I mean the real basic ones... and I think (and could be really wrong on this)... that somehow this maintenance update added something or somewhere that is violating one of these rules, so data is not passing through to our clients... the only page error message I got involved audio files and is posted on the first thread I started here

so look for the yellow error messge symbol on lower right hand corner that says page done but with errors and check that message :)

DeletedUser2572

Yeah, mine actually says that it was stopped by a virus and URL block when I inspect the element

DeletedUser

So these stupid and unnecessary quests that were added are causing our issues. On the bright side, this will save me $$ as I won't be able to play anymore.