Declaration of War

DeletedUser6798

You'll learn to accept it. It's called stages of grief

You know I was talking about Special Ops losing cities in their core right? I guess you are still in the denial stage. Also shown in your refusal to rebut the stats I've shown to claim that you guys are actually taking more losses at this moment.

Defense always has the upper hand at first, until finally it gives way to VMs, apathy and despair.

220 VPs ; 0 losses in week one
180 VPs ; 0 losses in week two
150 VPs; 1 loss in week three
100 VPs ; 4 losses in week four
VM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; week 5.

Seems some of your players are already taking losses putting them in week 3 or week 4 of your proces.. I guess it is a race to see who has players running to VM first :p

Predictions from the Oracle of Ximopolis:

1. Hive will be out of the top ten by end of May
2. AR, Antimatter and Havoc will still be 1,2 and 3
3. Antimatter may be number one if they can get enough Hive defectors to join.
4. Special Ops will be the #4 alliance by end of May.

Seems you were a bit too premature in declaring your prophecies fulfilled. but its ok.. at this point 1/4 makes you an average Oracle in baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's 3/4 I had correct, and by end of May SO will be #4, but not through simming or taking in 2nd rate refu-Bees. We go to #4 at AM/DM/EG's expense.

It's little Machiavellian, but sometimes a zero-sum game works out in one's favor.

If you can't create a win-win, why not reach for the Win-Lose.

--------------------------------------------------------
But I am worried about my end of May prediction. That was based on the Hive not folding as quickly as they did and Anitmatter not taking away all our growth opportunity by inviting in every Hive, Dick and Harry. But it is still doable. I'll have to make a pilgrimage up to the Oracle of Ximiopolis and coax the seer into giving out new prophecy. Something to look forward to in June.

DeletedUser6798

That's 3/4 I had correct, and by end of May SO will be #4, but not through simming or taking in 2nd rate refu-Bees. We go to #4 at AM/DM/EG's expense.

It's little Machiavellian, but sometimes a zero-sum game works out in one's favor.

If you can't create a win-win, why not reach for the Win-Lose.

--------------------------------------------------------
But I am worried about my end of May prediction. That was based on the Hive not folding as quickly as they did and Anitmatter not taking away all our growth opportunity by inviting in every Hive, Dick and Harry. But it is still doable. I'll have to make a pilgrimage up to the Oracle of Ximiopolis and coax the seer into giving out new prophecy. Something to look forward to in June.

I added a little emphasis on your last post.. The way it stands now you HAVE only gotten 1/4 correct. And I wont call anyone out, but if it serves me correct, Special Ops invited the top 25 or so players remaining in the Hive(including myself) after a few initially left to Antimatter. You then invite DudeRanch who laughs at your sad attempts, and when it is all said and done you are stuck with are a few refu-Bees. Sounds like you are sucking on sour grapes with that one.

Let me also point out that a refugee is defined as a player currently under attack when they switch alliances. Under that definition more than 75% of Hive players were not refugees. But the 2 that you took into your alliance were. I am busy ximikos, please research the stats before you talk. If anyone is going to be accusing the another of being simmers or 2nd rate players, it should be coming from our side. But it is ok.. I am sure if you keep trying long enough you will reach the top 100 fighters. Heck just starting a war with us will likely double your DBP in the coming weeks. Until then your seat remains at the little kids table next to other players from AR and SO.

But please, by all means continue to twist your own words and speak in prose. When all else fails run the propaganda machine. It seems that is where your best skill lies.

DeletedUser6798

Well you were too indecisive and slow about accepting our invitation. It has been withdrawn. Lukewarm, pour faute de mieux alliance selection is not allowed in Special OPs.

The Few The Proud

Think that answers it.. Can still be invited if you are in VM.. so I guess Special Ops has resorted to inviting large players in VM in hopes they come back.

Did you send one to Digtal too?

DeletedUser

Let me also point out that a refugee is defined as a player currently under attack when they switch alliances. Under that definition more than 75% of Hive players were not refugees. .

If you bothered to have read the lead post of this thread you would have realized that all of HIVE players were actively targetted for destruction. Members would be allowed an invite only with the approval of the Southeast Coalition. Antimatter's absorption into the Hive was not part of the Grand Bargain. Hence, I maintain my term Refu-Bees is an apt one.

I am a solid 3/4 in my predictions. I saw the betrayal by antimatter coming a million miles a way (actually it was leaked to me long before it happened so that was more from good spying than oracular vision). It'll be tough, but SO will be #4 on the server by end of May, and that will occur only if your side starts suffering massive losses which it will by that time.

There are damn lies and statistics, but to the Victor comes the writing of history. Just look how much writing the Hive Scribe Cerulias does these days. He, like you, read too much in the server statistics of his day.

--------------------------

As far as sour grapes goes, you're right. There were several Hive players I would have loved to have recruited, and I'll readily admit that Antimatter got the upper hand on that one. I think that's why Antimatter threw in the towel so early and merged. They knew full well that the more you get to know SO, the more you know SO is the only way to go.

I stand proud on this server. And I have not yet begun to fight.

serapis-vs-bonhomme-richard.jpg

DeletedUser6798

You see 3/4, i see it as 1/4 now... I guess it was 3/4 for maybe a couple days and if that gives you enough of a reason to stick to your guns then so be it lol. And believe me, I read every post, multiple times, before I comment. Just because I read it doesnt make it any less of a propaganda statement. It is one side of a story and you take it for what it is. I like it when players come on here and puff their chest and makes claims about the state of the world. It gives me a good basis of which to form my own opinions without allowing for too much bias.

However, you cant possibly believe that all hive players were actively targets for destruction. Planning on hitting someone, or blowing smoke out of your you know what doesnt make someone a refugee. Considering many of the active Hive players were almost a full days TT from most of this coalition just makes me scoff at what you think the reality of the world was. When it comes down to it, Special Ops has gotten where is is because they were AR's secret "academy" for the most part and AM allowed you to move north. Furthermore, the only way you were able to achieve this was by attacking and taking cities from Hive members as the came out of VM inactive. Maybe it is because you are so faraway that you are actually out of touch on the way things were, just like until i showed some stats to prove AM/DM is winning this "war" you were ouch of touch with the reality of the way things are now. You definitely have a gifted tongue, but I highly recommend you educate yourself before you make any more claims. You are right though, The Hive shut down a lot sooner than it needed to. In 54/45 we could have lasted several months, but it was an obvious sinking ship, and the players that remained were willing to a move to keep in a position to win the game. That just wasnt joining Special Ops.

Lastly, there is no need to sit and act so innocent by making Antimatter out to be the alliance that betrayed everyone else. The truth is, once you saw 3 players in O45 jump to antimatter, you mass recruited the rest of the active players in the Hive. This proves 2 things.. 1) you didnt really know what was happening because by sending invites you hoped that players would come to you since all you saw was the hive falling apart on its face (not to mention that sending out 30 blind invites w/o even contacting a player personally is a joke in itself) and 2) You were willing equally willing to betray the "Southeast Coalition" by taking in 30 Hive members or so. Just because no one worth 2 cents joined you doesnt make you any less guilty of this "betrayal"

As far as Ceru, yea the externals arent the best place for most players. He is still around, but i think is trying to find his inner zen in order to keep playing properly. And most people here should know, if there is anyone who relies on stats, it is me. And I have yet to find a reason to not rely on them.

I hate long responses.. urgh what did I just do..

DeletedUser

When it comes down to it, Special Ops has gotten where is is because they were AR's secret "academy" for the most part and AM allowed you to move north.

I dont like to get involved with X's arguments because he can definitely handle his own, but Oliver, I have read EVERY one of your comments dating back to the Sink and Swim and before. Most often they are humorous and all and everyone seems to get a good laugh at your "statistics" but I believe they take them for what they are. The biggest problem, is you never seem to want to give ANYONE any credit for anything they do except whoever it is YOUR with at that moment. You gave mad props the Hive during the time they were alive and tried to shut down everything anyone said with some sort of statistic showing how great the Hive was in the column or that. Then they folded like a bunch of cheap chairs and several of the big talkers went into VM.

I know you're trying to get the sh1t talking going, that's cool. It livens things up a bit. But you must give credit where credit is due. You know, bragging about how SO may be ahead but they are now losing cities and then conveniently leaving out that SO is ahead in this war when compared head to head with two alliances that are each twice their size, kinda skews the reality of the issue.

As far as the invite that went out to you and others, I think I can also speak for X and for the crew at SO, we would not mind having some of those players or your self. For my end, we could also use a couple more good sh1t talkers to tell how great we are to whoever we're attacking. But everyone made their choice and now we are set and moving forward.

DeletedUser6798

buck im glad you see the true intentions of the majority of my posts. However, since you brought up my sink/swim stuff, you will notice I gave plenty of alliances credit, and I never comment about the alliance I was in. I did acknowledge that SO was doing the best against AM/DM. You are definitely carrying the weight when it comes to taking cities from AM/DM.

At the same time, you must be willing to acknowledged some of the things I am saying. This is why I bring up statistics. Stats make is painfully obvious that SO was allowed to get from O67 to O55. AM and AR allowed you guys to squeeze between them to take some anchor points in their oceans to be able to reach O55 in a reasonable amount of time. That is why you all have very low ABP for the size of some of your players. This isnt saying anything about going forward. I think SO players are better fighters than AR and Trinity players, and that is also backed up by.. you guessed it, statistics.

Finally, and I dont see the point in discussing it any further, is it seems many of your players are delusional about how the Hive came to an end. Players didnt run in VM because of attacks. These big talkers didnt fold like cheap chairs. The death of The Hive came months before any alliances started taking cities in the core, let alone special ops. What you guys couldnt see from the inside(unless you check grepointel, which is obvious not many of you do) was that O55 and O54 were fullof inactive players that were being left alone while we were internalizing them dating back to December. Then in January many of the top players went inactive for health reasons (Keltset), gave up on upsilon and went to new worlds, or just disappeared altogether. That was in January when Special Ops wasnt even an afterthought when discussing influencing alliances. So yes, in March players started popping out of VM, more cities were becoming available than we were able to internalize. That is when Special Ops and AR began to move in. Meanwhile AM was failing to take cities from active players in O45, and mostly hitting Havoc, and Trinity was still losing more cities than they were taking in O54. The moves that were made were the result of months of discussion among only Hive leadership and finally it was determined to be the best outcome by some of the most active players in the game. Winning was the driving force and The Hive was no longer a winning alliance. But that was due to attrition.. not due to some outside force beginning to make our active players fold.

Your leaders can twist things how they want and work the propaganda machine as much as they want, but you have to realize that the information you are being fed is not even secondhand info.. It is info that has reached an alliance all the way out in O67 after being twisted and turned by many others before them. These Hive players never feared special ops.. never feared Assassins Rite.. we didnt have to. You really werent threatening us. Only things that was feared was not being able to achieve victory while falling apart from the inside.

And as a side note, while I make jokes, and try to stir the pot for the sake of externals, I am a highly analytical individual. I dont say something unless I have looked it over from multiple angles (How I phrase it is an entirely different story). Dont mistake my antics for a lack of knowledge. 8)

My responses are getting longer.. barf.. from now on i am limiting myself to 10 words. I promise.

DeletedUser

Special Ops has gotten where is is because they were AR's secret "academy"

Oliver for a person who prides themselves on being anal ytical, I'm surprised that you haven't bothered to look at how many of our members have left us to progress into what you allege is our destination alliance. My idea of an academy is a place where players gain experience before moving into the main alliance. Anyway, carry on with the jibber jabber it's quite amusing, it'll be interesting to hear your perspective on your next alliance....That's if you are allowed to join one. As it happens we arrived quite late in this server but it was a joy to be here in time to watch your fall from grace, as for your abilities as a fighter? Well it appears to my untrained eye that the bulk of your city takes appear to be friendly fire incidents.

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us21&server=us21&pn=Oliver+Clothesoff&dow=all&rt=conquest

I'm sure you will have a very clever statistical rebuke my friend, and I look forward to hearing it, and as I'm sure you are a man of your word you will limit it to ten words or less.

My responses are getting longer.. barf.. from now on i am limiting myself to 10 words. I promise.

A chance would be a fine thing indeed Oliver.

DeletedUser

Your leaders can twist things how they want and work the propaganda machine as much as they want, but you have to realize that the information you are being fed is not even secondhand info.. It is info that has reached an alliance all the way out in O67 after being twisted and turned by many others before them. These Hive players never feared special ops.. never feared Assassins Rite.. we didnt have to. You really weren't threatening us. Only things that was feared was not being able to achieve victory while falling apart from the inside.[/B]

The Hive's manipulation of Ocean 66 and 67 (yes O67) was your last gasp. It was an epic Battle of the Bulge where the Hive tried to stop the inevitable. But like Rommel, the Hive ran out of gas and the Southeast coalition started seizing the southeast core ocean , O55.

It was Assassin's Rite, not Antimatter that allowed us passage to O55. Antimatter screamed like babies each time we took a border city in O56/57 from the enemy. A contrast to that was Foos. The diplomatic largesse shown by Foos coupled with the pigheaded selfishness of AM drove SO into the tight relationship we enjoy today.

I am personally beholden to Foos. Although we are not a 'secret' academy, I am honored that the loyalty and unanimity of spirit shared by SO/AR might lead you to believe we are already joined. Our shared leadership structure has gotten so tight that if Foos asked me to jump, I wouldn't even ask him how high, I'd jump to the highest possible level of excellence I could.

OO to the fricken RAH, baby!

PS But the bottom line is that Garydam is the one that holds my leash.

DeletedUser6798

Oliver for a person who prides themselves on being anal ytical, I'm surprised that you haven't bothered to look at how many of our members have left us to progress into what you allege is our destination alliance. My idea of an academy is a place where players gain experience before moving into the main alliance. Anyway, carry on with the jibber jabber it's quite amusing, it'll be interesting to hear your perspective on your next alliance....That's if you are allowed to join one. As it happens we arrived quite late in this server but it was a joy to be here in time to watch your fall from grace, as for your abilities as a fighter? Well it appears to my untrained eye that the bulk of your city takes appear to be friendly fire incidents.

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us21&server=us21&pn=Oliver+Clothesoff&dow=all&rt=conquest

I'm sure you will have a very clever statistical rebuke my friend, and I look forward to hearing it, and as I'm sure you are a man of your word you will limit it to ten words or less.

Said "academy". last 6 conquests, 2 enemies. Same with you

The Hive's manipulation of Ocean 66 and 67 (yes O67) was your last gasp. It was an epic Battle of the Bulge where the Hive tried to stop the inevitable. But like Rommel, the Hive ran out of gas and the Southeast coalition started seizing the southeast core ocean , O55.

It was Assassin's Rite, not Antimatter that allowed us passage to O55. Antimatter screamed like babies each time we took a border city in O56/57 from the enemy. A contrast to that was Foos. The diplomatic largesse shown by Foos coupled with the pigheaded selfishness of AM drove SO into the tight relationship we enjoy today.

I am personally beholden to Foos. Although we are not a 'secret' academy, I am honored that the loyalty and unanimity of spirit shared by SO/AR might lead you to believe we are already joined. Our shared leadership structure has gotten so tight that if Foos asked me to jump, I wouldn't even ask him how high, I'd jump to the highest possible level of excellence I could.

OO to the fricken RAH, baby!

PS But the bottom line is that Garydam is the one that holds my leash.

O66 was an experiment. AM went with AR, same point.

DeletedUser

O66 was an experiment. AM went with AR, same point.

O66 was the fatal highwater mark of the HIVE empire. You messed with FOOS and were made instant FOOLS.

And as for AM, birds of a feather flock together. Unable to soar with the falcons, AM settled to forage with the dodo birds.

dodo.jpg

DeletedUser6798

It is obvious you dont bother to read what I write. Just be prepared when reality hits.

8pB33.jpg

DeletedUser9476

Really? Dodo birds? They went extinct over 300 years ago! If you would like a more accurate retort perhaps you should compare us to the Sumatran Tiger who are on the brink of extinction. Too prestigious to compare us too? Perhaps the Hawksbill turtle would be better. After all don't we call some people in this game "turtles"?

As for Oliver Clothesoff feel free to say whatever you want. It really doesn't bother us. This is because he has taken so many of us under his wing and has taught us how to play this game and have fun doing it. Nothing bothers me more than when I see certain alliance leaders talking smack about how wonderful their alliance is......and then I get an attack from one of their team members who thinks biremes are an offensive unit. At first I laughed. Then I thought that perhaps they were just getting rid of troops. After 3 different occasions from the same player I got a little upset. It was apparent that this player had the motive and willpower to be a good (perhaps great) player, but no one was taking the time to train him/her. Come on people! Isn't the whole point of being in an alliance is to help each other out? Yes we talk crap to each other it's part of what makes it fun. Some days though some of you need to shut up and train your players.

As for you dear ximikos, I think your profile picture sums up exactly who you are. Where is Garydam? Now that is someone I miss ;)
Happy hunting!

DeletedUser

And for those that mock my statistics.]

OK OK , I'll stroke the green weenie's ego up and say that your statistics for the start of the war were not unimpressive. (<-- litotes are great to use when giving some degree of credit to an opponent's argument)

But that's all the better. It would have been horrifying to just see AM/DM fold up like a chair or collapse like a certain HIVE we all knew.

As for you dear ximikos, I think your profile picture sums up exactly who you are.

lmao. You get me.

and I get you:

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o498/waz1waz1/animal_gifs_231.gif

DeletedUser9476

Oh my goodness! That is exactly what I looked like when I woke up this morning! I knew I saw something purple outside my window......but I thought it was Barney the dinosaur. Now I know the truth! Ximikos I am surprised at you! :eek:

DeletedUser

Oh my goodness! That is exactly what I looked like when I woke up this morning! I knew I saw something purple outside my window......but I thought it was Barney the dinosaur. Now I know the truth! Ximikos I am surprised at you! :eek:
Bad hair day Urbiegirl? Damn, I miss those ;)