Casual world?

DeletedUser14888

Yeah I don't know either. Cannibalism had nothing to do with crazies.

DeletedUser9851

Oh my bad. I thought that darkrystal falkahn was Darkyn from the crazies. So what IGN are you going by?

DeletedUser9851

It's not important. What's important is how well that OP went. Waco Fireant must have put up quite fight.

DeletedUser9851

Actually Jarhead, I was being sarcastic because WacoFireant was inactive. However, it was still an impressive job.

Semper Fi

DeletedUser14888

Using a different account this time since I had more gold on it. And no it's not one that most would know. I didn't use it much and only on one world before. No wonder you thought you couldn't attack me Oggami, I am definitely not Darklyn nor does my current name have dark in the name.

DeletedUser14888

LoL It's not important. You were just the mouse I was playing with.

DeletedUser14888

LoL. The 20% rule is even worse when it comes to ghosts. I can't even ping the player to recall his CS. I guess I'll have a CS on my wall.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Here is a neat concept for you... World starts at 20% for the first month and then every week the percentage goes up 10% until eventually 100% of the players are attackable. That is 3 months until all are attackable. A decent amount of time for all to grow or for those that just want to remain small and harvest gold.

Certainly the developers could institute applicable coding for this.

DeletedUser11373

Here is a neat concept for you... World starts at 20% for the first month and then every week the percentage goes up 10% until eventually 100% of the players are attackable. That is 3 months until all are attackable. A decent amount of time for all to grow or for those that just want to remain small and harvest gold.

Certainly the developers could institute applicable coding for this.

Something has to happen because at 3k right now, I can't touch anyone on my island or in fact, anyone on islands close to me. At the very least you need to be able to attack larger players. I get that in a casual world you don't want any noobs or unskilled mowed down until they get a chance to learn but at least allow for the attacking of larger players.

Maybe limit it to those with the same number of cities. If you have one you can only attack players with one city; if you have 2 then you can only attack those with 2 or more. After you hit 10 cities there is no upper limit and you can hit players with as low as 5 cities. At this point anything is better than this 20% garbage.

As to the lack of players, to me it goes back to a couple things:

1. I got into Grep based on their tv commercials and loved it. I have not seen a Grep commercial in years, but see their other stuff all the time. It would help to have them actively recruit players again.

2. Gold use. As has been stated in other posts, when it was just for cutting time of building or recruiting it was good. As soon as they opened it up to what it is now is when players started leaving. In essence, you could buy the win in the one's leaving mind. I've been around since Kappa, US 11 I believe. Since Kappa I have had an odd ball Gold status because the Gold use was for cutting in half and the gold amount was very much random. If we went back to that kind of gold use it would put more pressure on strategery and less on the wallet.

Those are my thoughts, have fun ripping them.

DeletedUser14888

Jaxx wrote this. I like it and am spreading the jingle.

"We don't need no 20% rule.
We don't need no attack control.
HEY! GREPO! Leave us Cannibals alone!"
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser14500

This seems to have turned into a private chat room. May I jump in with a comment about Olynthus US 76?

The 20% rule is bad enough in my opinion. At a 14000+ city I can't find anyone to attack. Growth is extremely limited. But what's worst of all is NO END GAME!!! Too much work. What's the point??? What do we work for???

I'm ready to Ghost and go back to a real world.