App update to 2.111 - Changelog

DeletedUser

there you are assuming you know who and how i have tried to address issues in the past but while i have been doing so to improve my gaming experience may i ask what exactly you are doing? you obviously dont have anything to add to the discussion pro or con

sorry to hear youre quitting though. i havent reached my frustration threshold just yet

DeletedUser12251

Proper methods of communication have evidently failed some of us, so we are voicing complaints here instead now. I'm glad some people haven't had to deal with the crap me and some of my teammates have. Because it sucks. You know how frustrating it is to be attacked around the clock on multiple fronts with no alerts? It isn't fun at all. It is equally frustrating to have teammates banned and left attackable for several hours leaving everyone else to defend all of their cities with limited information. It only gets worse when that same thing happens over and over and each time a mod says I'm sorry, we got this wrong, good luck in the future. You fortunate ones may think I'm just finding things to complain about, but these are legit issues that make people want to quit playing, screwing over their team. Support tickets have been put in. The same issues recurred anyways even after mods said they would do things differently to avoid the same outcome. Nothing was done differently and the support tickets OBVIOUSLY did nothing to change things. Attackable bans have still been placed. It's pretty pathetic really.

DeletedUser6919

these threads exist to discuss the recent updates/bugfixes, not to complain to the mods.

Yet when players come to the forums to discuss things and to report bugs they are ignored, they become frustrated and snap. At which point a mod will appear on the forum to hand out infractions and alter forum posts. This irks people more so this blow out happens again.

This has been building for a while, this was posted 25th April after his multiple previous posts had been ignored

Are the mods paying attention? I bet if I start dropping F bombs in here, they'll pay attention to that.

that post and all the posts over the weeks that followed were also ignored, until Toast crossed a line then finally someone would talk to him.

So although I agree he's a ****** with how he words his comments but he is bang on in what he's saying. Had his earlier posts been acknowledged any time over last 6 weeks then things wouldn't have escalated and this wouldn't be happening again.

If the only way to get a reply is to insult the mods, then it will encourage people to do just that.

Just to be clear I'm not advocating people insult them, I'm asking that moderators stop ignoring players so this doesn't keep happening.

but what you're talking about is gameplay glitches and problems, and that has nothing to do with what you're freaking out about. you're just finding more things to rant on about and it's embarrassing.

As issues are not properly addressed/resolved first, second, third time around they will keep get brought up on all subsequent arguments until someone actually addresses them.

you're freaking out about gameplay problems me and all of my friends that play this game have ever even heard of, on a thread for a small update for the app, calling out mods that have no power to change anything gameplay-wise, and, worst of all, telling the "useless developers" to go bag your groceries. so do us all a favor and stop whining and stop the petty arguments you think of off the top of your head and you go do something useful, for once.

Just because you haven't had issues with the game, doesn't mean others don't. I know that the mods don't write the game but as Spartan says:

if the mods cannot affect or alter the gameplay why do these threads exist? they may not have absolute control but they have some level of input which is far more than you or i have, its not an all or nothing dynamic, some input is greater than no input

if you really want something fixed and you have tried all other options, you could PM someone who has the power to help you, or at least someone who has the power to let a dev know about the problem.

I have tried tickets, forum posts, PMs, email to inno head office and the support has been seriously lacking.

I also used devblog recently and it was wonderful. Questions were answered promptly and issues taken seriously and resolved.

However doesn't using devblog negate the point of having these threads? or these forums at all? The point of having moderators employed here is so we can talk to them and they ignore us.

A forum mod duties include:

Helping to keep your world forums active.
Offering help and advice to the community.
Representing the Grepolis community on the forum.

People are less inclined to post if they feel the only interaction they get will be in the forum of punishment.
Have a look in the gameplay questions section of the forum, you can see the mods don't answer peoples questions or the bugs sections they aren't helped with issues.
People don't feel they are being represented as mods don't chime in on issues.

and finally, when it comes down to the grand scheme of things, if something as insignificant as a computer game (albeit an addicting one) causes you this much frustration to the point where you aggressively argue with other players of said computer game it's best to just stop playing the computer game altogether.

Which is what is happening.

The way Mods handle these situations, by blaming players and banning people who are critical of them isn't helping their cause. It's terrible customer service, and that's what we are as players, customers. It's amazing the number of players who have quit because of this bad customer service.

but is that really the solution? Kill the game by lack of activity 'cos everyone who is unhappy should quit as that is easier than addressing the issues here in a productive way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13946

alright. you all make valid points. i get what you're all trying to say, but, just seeing you all attacking the mods like that... i don't know, it just reminded me of something. i'm sorry. it shouldn't have to come to this, and inno should have listened to all of the problems people have. i didn't grasp that until now, and again, i'm sorry. i'll go now.

DeletedUser5524

I am not taking any sides but if our messages went directly to the development team they would be spending all their time reading our advice for changes rather then actually working on and changing the game. A "filter" per say is definitely needed especially with a game of this size. This is where these community mods come into play. The mods have very little power aside from taking advice and forwarding it on to the dev team or whoever manages the dev team. (This is my understanding at least) Sure things are frustrating as hell when they go wrong or that darn banner wont go away but I don't think there is anything they can do aside from pass our discussions up the chain which I am sure they have the first hundred times lol

DeletedUser12251

Believe it or not, I use to be very respectful towards the mods. It's only after several very bad calls on their part, along with little to no progress on issues reported 1 year ago or longer that things have gotten unfriendly

DeletedUser11958

Hi all

About the last update/event. Since the event started my CPU usage is through the roof causing lag when i write pm's and such.
Maybe its only me, using an Opera/Linux browser. Opera worked much better than Firefox and Chrome, with regards to memory and CPU.

I am not sure if its just my browser and OS or if everyone else is affected.

thanks

I read the above and my opinion of the conversation is that you cannot blame a volunteer for something they have no control over. They act as a liaison to InnoGames on our behalf. Myself I came close to quitting more than once because of my above complaint. Its not bad enough this time for me to consider quitting the game! They fixed it twice and I switched browsers twice as well

If its real important file a ticket in game. I think they may check here for the first week after an update to see how things are going with the update. Lets all have a reality check here. This game has to work on every browser and every operating system well. good luck InnoGames! Just make sure that no one steals my outdated credit card numbers! LOL

enjoy the game

DeletedUser5973

my app works fine, and correct me if I'm wrong but the mods don't get paid for doing this. . I mean seriously its a game

I like how half of these posts are talking about bans, which is against the rules. Yet my post gets edited lol.

I mean, I would never say this ... How about you guys quit being noobs and lighten up a bit

DeletedUser5973

I still stand by what I said, just thought it was funny

DeletedUser6919

I like how half of these posts are talking about bans, which is against the rules. Yet my post gets edited lol.

I mean, I would never say this ... How about you guys quit being noobs and lighten up a bit

Although mentioning bans isn't against the rules (we just can't go into any specifics about them), the fact you got edited and we didn't does tickle me
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif