App update to 2.111 - Changelog

DeletedUser8378

Regarding the "update" I would love it if:
1. The attack alarm worked. Why when we get an update does the attack alarm go crazy. It works. Then it doesn't work. It works when I am expecting an attack from an alliance mate. It doesn't work when an enemy attacks. It's very odd that an "update" upsets the alarm so much. That is the biggest benefit of the app, and I would love it, if not nothing else, the alarm worked.
2. Sea Storm/ Zeus Rage Reports . You cannot see units killed by a Sea Storm or a Zeus Rage on mobile. Why? This used to work.
3. Conquest Report. This would be lovely. I remember playing before there was a conquest report. I love that it has been included now and would really love if it could be used in mobile.
4. Green Status box on PC version. This box stays up way too long, takes up way too much screen realestate and gets in the way. It's terrible during an op. I would at least like a way to turn it off. I really dislike it.
5. The warning about attacking an alliance mate. It adds an extra click to a snipe attempt.

1. The attack alarm has always had issues, as you said it depends on locations, the provider and such. I have issues with the alarm too unfortunately. :-( Though I do remember someone telling me they were getting "too many" attack notifications from the app because they were getting attacked so much. Can't win! :p

2. I did not notice this, if it still gives you a report I'd like a screenshot of it please.

3/4. these are things we need to give feedback to InnoGames, thanks!

5. Isn't that warning a part of the game on the PC as well? I personally like it because there has been times where too many windows are open and I've tried attacking the wrong people. xd

DeletedUser12251

The issue lies with you guys. When I dealt with alert issues, I could have full service and wouldn't get alerts. But other apps on my phone had no issues sending me notifications. You guys told me you would deal with it, and I ended up going months with faulty alerts. I might get them back for a day, then they'd be gone the rest of the week. That and being surrounded by enemies is a quick way to lose customers. But hey, you guys definitely won me back with that horrific new banner that makes Ops so much more difficult.

DeletedUser5973

just curious, what did inno say when you sent in the support ticket for these issues. I don't see a post in the external bug section about alert issues

You guys act like the CoMa's and mods design the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6919

The support system is part of the issue. I've found that in answer to reporting bugs or asking questions that I get templates back as replies that do not address the issue.

Personally I don't think that the mods design the game, nor do I believe anyone else posting does. However they are our link to the devs and we are either blanked or infracted by the mods. Therefore it appears like there are no benefits to posting here, only negatives.

Really it's not unreasonable to expect that we occationally get replies to issues.

Go to the bugs section on forum, and read it. No mods replies there, I think only 1 reply from a mod in 2016. All other posts are ignored or replied to by other players. Usually the reply is to open support ticket, so what is the point of posting on the bugs section?

I get the whole mods can't be blamed for issues with the game, but they are here to address them tho and haven't been.

DeletedUser5973

All I am saying is if you are having issues with the operation of the game, open a support ticket. Sounds like most people skip that step and just come here to complain. If tickets are being submitted then the issues should be fixed. It's not a hard formula to follow

DeletedUser12251

Tickets I put in only get me machine messages and no solutions. When it comes to updates, people have posted in the section you're suppose to post in to give feedback. That doesn't seem to help either. So again, here we are. The complaints will only get worse unless progress is made.

DeletedUser5973

So basically, you don't submit any and just come here to complain and mods who don't control the game. Thats all I hear

DeletedUser12251

I'm saying I'm not going to continue doing something that does not produce results. I've tried. It did not work. So here we are. What is so hard to understand about this? Are you a mod too? It would make sense

DeletedUser11791

Are all 20 something servers the same version/update? Like is US server always on the same version as EN, FR, DE etc etc?
If so, are they all having problems with alarms and such? And if they are, how is a global issue not a priority. If they are not, why can our server not take a snippet of their source to refine ours?

So far I have only ever posted 2 known game issues I have had a problem with, both here and via a submitted ticket. In no more than 2 following updates the problem had been rectified. As with the forum trivial issue i pointed out last week (https://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?10638-Forum-update&p=161219#post161219) this was rectified within a few days. I have had missed alarms before, however Australia has the dodgiest Telecommunications and Internet in the world IMO, so no surprises there.

Having said that, I am probably in a minority of satisfied customers, clearly my experience to date does not speak for the heard as a whole. But my original point to posting, was all finger pointing aside, are all servers created equal as far as updates/features/fixes are concerned, if not why not, if so why do we not have a global forum with direct link to the devs themselves to reply, purely on game issues alone?

DeletedUser5973

You come in here and attack the mods like they decide on how the game works. Inno is going to do what Inno wants. I have shared my displeasure with Inno but I don't attack the mods here.

DeletedUser12251

Guess you're just a follower then. But yes, they do decide how some things work. They have control over bans, some of which have been horrible calls. That is on them 100%.

DeletedUser13946

Guess you're just a follower then. But yes, they do decide how some things work. They have control over bans, some of which have been horrible calls. That is on them 100%.

so, what you're telling me is, he's a "follower" because he isn't publicly crying to the mods about gameplay problems?

also

But yes, they do decide how some things work. They have control over bans, some of which have been horrible calls. That is on them 100%.

but what you're talking about is gameplay glitches and problems, and that has nothing to do with what you're freaking out about. you're just finding more things to rant on about and it's embarrassing.

What do they have to do that is more important than the bugs that negatively affect attacking and defending cities? Are they busy putting new banners into the game to screw players over? Too busy updating graphics to make a city appear on fire? Yes, those definitely are more important than the alert issues people have been facing that seem to only get worse year after year.

And don't get mad because I called the mods out. Be better, or go be useful and bag my groceries or something. Obviously this job is too much for you.

first of all,

you have no idea what kind of features they're adding, or bugs they're fixing, so you have NO right to say anything along these lines and especially implying that they're not useful. "go bag my groceries or something" - this is too much.

you're freaking out about gameplay problems me and all of my friends that play this game have ever even heard of, on a thread for a small update for the app, calling out mods that have no power to change anything gameplay-wise, and, worst of all, telling the "useless developers" to go bag your groceries. so do us all a favor and stop whining and stop the petty arguments you think of off the top of your head and you go do something useful, for once.

DeletedUser

You come in here and attack the mods like they decide on how the game works. Inno is going to do what Inno wants. I have shared my displeasure with Inno but I don't attack the mods here.

so you are just trolling right? i mean if you have voiced displeasure with inno then there isnt any reason to criticize player(s) doing the same

i see issues with innogames general direction with grepolis and the priorities of developers, certain mods compound that issue with how they respond to players and their concerns, both contribute to my own frustration and im assuming toasts. you are assuming this is a spur of the moment outrage but its been a continuous problem for a long while now just because you dont see it doesnt mean it isnt real. the mods have access to the developers, while they may not be dictating changes to the game, they have far more input on it than us

you're freaking out about gameplay problems me and all of my friends that play this game have ever even heard of, on a thread for a small update for the app, calling out mods that have no power to change anything gameplay-wise

again so because you dont notice it means it isnt an issue? should the multiple players that have posted similar things run it by you to see if its ok to discuss IN A DISCUSSION THREAD? seems very arrogant and ignorant to think you have total understanding of another players experience. im glad that grepolis has been working flawlessly on your end but others have had issues with add ons or updates, some of us have been marginalized by mods when bringing up our concerns

DeletedUser

The attack alarm is one of those features that seems to break after an app update. We have reported this, and it should be fixed shortly. There has not been any progress this weekend, because it is the weekend and our development team does not work on the weekends.

While it is true the Community Management/Mod team does not have any direct input on the game design decisions, we do forward all of your feedback - negative and positive - to our management team. I will say that the developer communication is far less involved than it is assumed by the player base. By that I mean direct access to the development team is not provided to the Community Management Team. All communications, suggestions, and complaints are filtered through the supervisors of the Grepolis markets, all of which are corporate employees located in Hamburg.

With that being said we really do appreciate your feedback, and will continue to forward it on a daily basis to our corporate office.

DeletedUser

I will say that the developer communication is far less involved than it is assumed by the player base. By that I mean direct access to the development team is not provided to the Community Management Team. All communications, suggestions, and complaints are filtered through the supervisors of the Grepolis markets, all of which are corporate employees located in Hamburg

who should we be contacting to improve that relay of information? obviously something is being lost in the 2-4 step process

DeletedUser13946

again so because you dont notice it means it isnt an issue?

you're taking my words out of context. i didn't say that, i was simply pointing out the problems you people are talking about are unheard of by my friends.

should the multiple players that have posted similar things run things by you to see if its ok to discuss IN A DISCUSSION THREAD?

look. he was being rude and calling out people that can't affect the gameplay of grepolis in any significant way. they aren't discussing anything, they're just lashing out at the mods and anybody who questions them. i don't care if anybody expresses their frustration over a gameplay issue, but this - this is ridiculous to say the least.

seems very arrogant and ignorant to think you have total understanding of another players experience.

you didn't even take my words out of context for this statement. i never said anything along those lines or even slightly implied it.

im glad that grepolis has been working flawlessly on your end but others have had issues with add ons or updates, some of us have been marginalized by mods when bringing up our concerns

and bringing up your concerns shouldn't spawn pointless arguments, yet you and Irontoast are doing just that. nobody can get this through your thick skulls so i will try one last time: the mods cannot affect or alter the gameplay in any significant way so lashing out at them on a thread like this because the developers, the ones that actually have the power to change the game, won't respond to your requests, is extremely asinine. i get it. it's probably really frustrating, but you guys just don't get that doing this doesn't help. it just causes problems.

DeletedUser

who should we be contacting to improve that relay of information? obviously something is being lost in the 2-4 step process

There is not anyone for you to contact, except the support team. If you provide us with feedback that is constructive, we generally provide it to our headquarters and the information is sorted from there. I understand how it may feel that your feedback is lost during this process, but they do receive hundreds of suggestions per week on features that should change, complaints, and other general feedback. Not every piece of information that is provided will be acted upon.

DeletedUser

i guess context is relative to the point you are trying to make but you are dismissing others valid concerns based on their method of expressing frustration.

the mods cannot affect or alter the gameplay in any significant way so lashing out at them on a thread like this because the developers, the ones that actually have the power to change the game, won't respond to your requests, is extremely asinine. i get it. it's probably really frustrating, but you guys just don't get that doing this doesn't help. it just causes problems

i agree your argument appears to have no point unless you think its a way to curry favor

if the mods cannot affect or alter the gameplay why do these threads exist? they may not have absolute control but they have some level of input which is far more than you or i have, its not an all or nothing dynamic, some input is greater than no input

while i may have a thick skull at least something is going on inside it. i mean seriously what problems are being caused by using the forums as the resources they were meant to be... name one problem that impacts you negatively in game due to the voicing our concerns here

There is not anyone for you to contact, except the support team. If you provide us with feedback that is constructive, we generally provide it to our headquarters and the information is sorted from there. I understand how it may feel that your feedback is lost during this process, but they do receive hundreds of suggestions per week on features that should change, complaints, and other general feedback. Not every piece of information that is provided will be acted upon.

so its a broken system that nobody should look to improve?

it doesnt feel that way it is that way. even the glitches that were fixed took months to get acknowledgment before being sorted out all the while new obtrusive obstacles were added to the game. the players say that the green banners are an issue when it comes to timing multiple launches but instead we read about moderators telling us it isnt. we tell you that wrongful attackable bans are an issue but you dismissed us a number of times only to backtrack later. btw the changes you said you made seemed to have been temporary since the same group of players are scamming bans again on the new world

though those might not be app related issues they ARE completely within mod control

DeletedUser13946

if the mods cannot affect or alter the gameplay why do these threads exist? they may not have absolute control but they have some level of input which is far more than you or i have, its not an all or nothing dynamic, some input is greater than no input

these threads exist to discuss the recent updates/bugfixes, not to complain to the mods. and i guess that's true, mods do have more input, but simply being rude to them, calling them out and such just isn't the way to go about things. venting your frustration with a passive-aggressive forum signature just isn't very helpful. i'm not saying you shouldn't point out bugs & glitches on these update forums but that you should do so with common courtesy. and, anwyay, if you really want something fixed and you have tried all other options, you could PM someone who has the power to help you, or at least someone who has the power to let a dev know about the problem.

and finally, when it comes down to the grand scheme of things, if something as insignificant as a computer game (albeit an addicting one) causes you this much frustration to the point where you aggressively argue with other players of said computer game it's best to just stop playing the computer game altogether.