App update to 2.111 - Changelog

DeletedUser8378

App Changelog 2.111

Dear Community,

We recently updated our app to version 2.111. List of changes are below!

Bugfixes

• BB-codes for non-existing alliances were still clickable and led to an empty screen. In case an alliance does not exist any longer, bb-codes for it are not clickable anymore.
  • Now alliance forum posts are sorted chronologically by date.
  • While adding units to a support command, there were no needed transport ships displayed. We adapted the browser behavior.
  • Now also units that are supporting a siege are listed in the corresponding command screen.
  • The quest that wants you to play in the browser version, showed a wrong URL in certain cases.

Please feel free to leave feedback here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

DeletedUser14780

Hmm... well 2.111 is not an auspicious number so lets change that for a start :)

DeletedUser12251

Lulu, we are going to have a problem if you guys don't start focusing on the real issues with the App. I'm sick of you guys making flashy changes and not fixing real issues within the game that affect gameplay. Fix the alerts, fix whatever it is that won't let people log in, fix SOMETHING IMPORTANT.

Not calling out mods gets us nowhere as well, fyi. Maybe if more people speak up, something positive will be done.

Do you have anything to say Lullu? Or are you going to continue being silent and not fix any real issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser271

Hmmm don't think calling out the mods the way you do it will change anything... Create a thread in the bugs section instead.

I had never heard of the bugs you refer to before you posted here and if I didn't, I don't think the mods had either. And if they hadn't headr of it, they can't report it to the developers who in turn can't fix these problems :)

DeletedUser12251

People have been dealing with these issues in the last 3 worlds I played in. It seems to be getting worse with each world. I've put in tickets. Nothing changed. I've called out issues nicely. Nothing changed. Others have done the same. Nothing changed. I'm dealing with issues on my account I put tickets in for months ago. But NOTHING has changed. If you ask to speak to someone higher up, you get ignored. So, here I am, an unhappy customer trying to enjoy a game I use to think was addictingly fun being ignored still by mods. Maybe they'll learn to work with people once they reach their 20s.

DeletedUser

Hmmm don't think calling out the mods the way you do it will change anything... Create a thread in the bugs section instead.

I had never heard of the bugs you refer to before you posted here and if I didn't, I don't think the mods had either. And if they hadn't headr of it, they can't report it to the developers who in turn can't fix these problems :)

obviously you skim the forums because its the same few development issues with no response from the mods or development team, go ahead and scroll through these little update discussion threads and see how many themes you can pick up on AND count the number of responses from the mods. there is no exchange of ideas to improve the game with people that can actually bring about change

original text was removed by mods in an effort to silence criticism, the rules mention that participants are supposed to build the community and by continuously undermining discussion some mods are in violation of their own rules

DeletedUser12251

Honestly, this game is a joke. There are other things I can do with my day outside of hating myself for playing a game and Inno can't fix the issues to.

DeletedUser5088

I'm sorry you guys feel like your concerns are not being addressed. I can assure you that we read your concerns, however the mod team does not have control over what updates get implemented into the game. We do have an idea section and a bug section for people to suggest new things to the developers and report issues which will be passed along. Also your feedback on these threads are heard.

If you guys feel like you are being ignored please message me and I will try to address your issue. Posting complaints about mods doesn't really help anyone.

As for the app issues, the developers are constantly trying to improve the app. They have a lot of things on their slate so not every app issue can be fixed in a single update. But fixes will happen in upcoming updates, you just have to be patient.

DeletedUser

We do have an idea section and a bug section for people to suggest new things to the developers and report issues which will be passed along.
we also have a "discussion" section...i dont think burying our concerns in back water forums is the issue but maybe im wrong, maybe people have resolved all the issues we complain about but i just havent noticed it. is WW gone? are myth tokens still ruling the all too frequent events? does that idiotic green banner still linger in the middle of my screen to inform me of actions i already know im taking? does my alarm always sound after every update?

wow im so relieved that all these things have been resolved in a few weeks to multiple years without me coming to the forums to read about some new add on...

I can assure you that we read your concerns, however the mod team does not have control over what updates get implemented into the game.
glad to hear you read them rather than just dismiss or trivialize the consumers. since you dont have any pull and either dont get results or dont try to who should we be contacting directly since posting around here doesnt do anything?

DeletedUser8378

Okay I'm gonna break it down real quick.

1. You guys are posting in an old discussion thread. This is version 2.111, even though 2.113 is out. :)

2. We look through every discussion thread, or at least I personally do so that we can give feedback to InnoGames. In fact, I dislike it when there's no discussion at all in these threads because that means I have no feedback for the week. We do not always respond to the threads because it's supposed to be a discussion between you guys, and I'm not here to make excuses for anything you guys may not like.

3. Anyone can message me and have a conversation with me, forums, Skype, Discord. I'll even invite you to a Teamspeak server if you'd like to just talk about anything really. I always read my messages, but I don't receive a lot at all. I've been a part of the community for 2 years and some change, I've played the game and I still do (EN server) so I experience the game as well as you do.

In closing, I'd just like to say that we're doing what we can to give the feedback to the right people and we're trying to make it a fun experience to play the game and be a part of a community.

DeletedUser12822

Really, there's no need for the app when all you have to do is access Safari/Chrome on your IPhone or Android and play through that. Playing on the computer version, even on your phone, is still 10X better than the app.

DeletedUser6919

I'm sorry you guys feel like your concerns are not being addressed.

It's not that we feel that way, it is that way.

Other than Fig (who is EN wiki mod so here by default cos we share with them) mods only post on the forum to hand out infractions with most threads being met with silence.

In the last 6 months I can only think of the April fools god/gold thread that has had a reply from a US mods that wasn't to hand out warnings.

2. We look through every discussion thread, or at least I personally do so that we can give feedback to InnoGames. In fact, I dislike it when there's no discussion at all in these threads because that means I have no feedback for the week. We do not always respond to the threads because it's supposed to be a discussion between you guys, and I'm not here to make excuses for anything you guys may not like.

LulluLea you don't need to defend the idea and make excuses, you don't need to agree it's a bad idea, just acknowledge that someone has read it and say if it's been passed over.

eg

http://puu.sh/pgPtl/9bd0e14539.jpg
http://puu.sh/pgPJQ/2ffd7ae04e.jpg

See how you can encourage people to post instead of blanking them then wondering why people get frustrated and stop bothering to post.

Also that excuse only applies to discussion threads, why are all others blanked too? I can't remember last time, any mods gave feedback to ideas, answered questions, gave advice to newbies etc.

DeletedUser

3. Anyone can message me and have a conversation with me, forums, Skype, Discord. I'll even invite you to a Teamspeak server if you'd like to just talk about anything really. I always read my messages, but I don't receive a lot at all. I've been a part of the community for 2 years and some change, I've played the game and I still do (EN server) so I experience the game as well as you do..

sorry i always thought of discussion as an exchange of ideas and critical response between differing people or groups. i post here to voice one players concerns or ideas about the direction of grepolis, im assuming thats why others post because we players can all speak to one another with far less censorship and senseless infractions elsewhere... we provide feedback in hopes that the game officials or designers actually care. you may read these but when our concerns arent addressed and you post nothing in response its pretty difficult to believe that anything was passed along up the ladder. my personal mind, tarot card, and palm reader recently moved so i havent been able to confirm anything in grepolis

i sincerely hope that things are actually in the works about long time issues rather than little fluff updates but having been lied to and censored by mods recently i have doubts

DeletedUser12251

As for the app issues, the developers are constantly trying to improve the app. They have a lot of things on their slate so not every app issue can be fixed in a single update. But fixes will happen in upcoming updates, you just have to be patient.

What do they have to do that is more important than the bugs that negatively affect attacking and defending cities? Are they busy putting new banners into the game to screw players over? Too busy updating graphics to make a city appear on fire? Yes, those definitely are more important than the alert issues people have been facing that seem to only get worse year after year.

And don't get mad because I called the mods out. Be better, or go be useful and bag my groceries or something. Obviously this job is too much for you.

DeletedUser5973

my app works fine, and correct me if I'm wrong but the mods don't get paid for doing this. How about you guys quit being noobs and lighten up a bit. I mean seriously its a game

DeletedUser12251

It's a game people putting money into are getting screwed on, and the only time we hear something back on here is if you say something they deem to be against the rules. If new updates actually fixed real issues, we wouldn't have a problem. If people weren't wrongfully banned, attackable and nonattackable, maybe the mods wouldn't be disliked by so many people. They've had their chances to get things right for a while, and they haven't. So here we are.

DeletedUser

some of them get paid with more than just in game perks rclay and yes its a game but some of the issues that are ignored include taking players money on special sales and not following through on the deals that were offered

rather than working to right wrongs mods banned and deleted player objections... so yeah its a problem

p.s. might change the language of your post rclay, i know i have caught flak for less

DeletedUser11243

my app works fine, and correct me if I'm wrong but the mods don't get paid for doing this. How about you guys quit being d-bags and lighten up a bit. I mean seriously its a game

The app doesn't work fine for everyone. I understand that there are service providers and different phones and different player locations that probably play into the alarm issue . However, the odd bans and inconsistent punishments for these bans that appear to favor different alliances or players over others puts the Mod team integrity in question. Players then wonder if the Mods use bans and punishments for some sort of personal gain. It really appears this way at times. Then what else could the mod team be doing? The game itself creates paranoia. It is logical for players to be paranoid about what the mods are doing and what they are capable of.

The way Mods handle these situations, by blaming players and banning people who are critical of them isn't helping their cause. It's terrible customer service, and that's what we are as players, customers. It's amazing the number of players who have quit because of this bad customer service. No one likes to be called out, but the players making complaints here have a point, and Inno should look at this as an opportunity for improvement. No. Mods do not have control over what the development team does, but Mods do have control over how they address players, and they control the warnings and bans they give out on this forum and in game. An improvement here would be to act like a professional and be more transparent. You asked for feedback for improvement, here you go.

Regarding the "update" I would love it if:
1. The attack alarm worked. Why when we get an update does the attack alarm go crazy. It works. Then it doesn't work. It works when I am expecting an attack from an alliance mate. It doesn't work when an enemy attacks. It's very odd that an "update" upsets the alarm so much. That is the biggest benefit of the app, and I would love it, if not nothing else, the alarm worked.
2. Sea Storm/ Zeus Rage Reports . You cannot see units killed by a Sea Storm or a Zeus Rage on mobile. Why? This used to work.
3. Conquest Report. This would be lovely. I remember playing before there was a conquest report. I love that it has been included now and would really love if it could be used in mobile.
4. Green Status box on PC version. This box stays up way too long, takes up way too much screen realestate and gets in the way. It's terrible during an op. I would at least like a way to turn it off. I really dislike it.
5. The warning about attacking an alliance mate. It adds an extra click to a snipe attempt.

Updates that I appreciate
There have been some positive improvements. This isn't necessarily this update but,
1. Thank you that this current event is available on mobile. Love it. Thanks.
2. Bb codes for mobile. Thank you
3. Smoking and on fire cities. This is pretty useful. As enhancements go, I think there a much more important things, but as a whole I like it.