World Wonders - Victory Question

DeletedUser

I'm about a week old on this game (ie;n00b) and read more of the wiki as I come into longer build times and have a few questions.

Reading the wiki about World Wonders, I read that:
When an alliance has complete control of the island on which they wish to build their Wonder, then the Founder or Leaders of the alliance will be able to select which of the 7 Wonders will be built there.

Reading further:
Victory Conditions
When one alliance completely builds up and controls 4 of the 7 World Wonders then they will have 'won' that world.
So my question is, if there are several other alliances on the island, it would be best for all residents of an island to merge together in order to build the WW or merge with a larger alliance... correct?

Ok so really what's the point in smaller alliances?
Wouldn't it be best to just form one alliance and start WW's together on several islands?

another question.
If the island you're on has inactive or unihabited cities on it, do you have to spend culture points conquering these first in order to gain "complete control of the island on which they wish to build their Wonder" or do the inactive cities not count?

Would stink to be on an island with say 4 active players trying to contribute resources needed to complete a WW, doncha think?

DeletedUser

All of this happens in the World Wonders era the whole server will go into the era together.
The WWs are built on islands the alliance completely controls
It is better to join a good alliance that is a winner when you reach the WWs
You have to gain culture points to get culture levels, which is what u use to get cities
Inactive cities count
An alliance must put in the resources into the World Wonder

DeletedUser

So basically smaller alliances are useless, culture points and the time spent to accrue them are wasted on inactives, and the world can basically be won faster if all active members realize this and join together?

DeletedUser

how do all alliances compete?
If you're on an island with 3 or more different alliances you can never start building the WW unless one alliance conquers the others and dominates the island.
hence, smaller alliances are useless, culture points and the time spent to accrue them are wasted on inactives, and the world can basically be won faster if all active members realize this and join together

DeletedUser

If the smaller alliances are good players that know how to play, a small alliance can win a server. It's been done before. Alliances have to build up their WWs before any other alliances does, the best alliance doesn't always win, teamwork and determination wins you the world

DeletedUser

are you a game dev or a politician?
either way something here tells me this game is lame-o.
thanks for clearing this up for me before I spent money on this game.

DeletedUser

This game is not lame, it just takes time to play it. You have to be patient, once you have conquest it is really fun. This is a strategy game, you have to play smart and have patience.

DeletedUser

you have 10 or fewer members in your alliance or are you in one of the larger alliances?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who me? Theta doesn't have WWs yet but my alliance is currently #3 on the server

DeletedUser

lol....of course
thanks for your time...logging off, for good
have fun!

DeletedUser

The guy left because of the WW protocol? Doesn't he know it'll take several months in order for newer worlds to create them?

DeletedUser

The guy left because of the WW protocol? Doesn't he know it'll take several months in order for newer worlds to create them?
no, if you read back more, I believe he left after realizing that the larger, more organized alliances have the upper hand and smaller alliances are quite useless.
at least that's what I got from this thread.
I came here wondering about worlds closing and saw this thread.
after reading it, seems pointless to me to invest months into a game only to have the world close and have to start again.
and like s/he said, the larger alliances have the advantage.
makes no sense to me to have a small alliance, you can't compete.
and if all players on a world don't realize that, especially after playing numerous worlds (can't fathom that idea), then you simply have 2 or more groups of ego-maniacs refusing to merge and win.
so... another testosterone driven ego contest??
great!
I'm off to another...continuing MMO myself

DeletedUser257

I think Grepolis was better before 2.0 and WW but it's still a good game. I do agree that the smaller alliances have an extreme disadvantage but to have this extreme disadvantage you have to join the world over a year after the world has opened IMO. People have joined late and won worlds. It's completely possible...then again, you need more than 10 people (which seems to be the problem this guy ran into).