World Populating

• Thread starter DeletedUser4082
  • Start date

DeletedUser4082

Is the world populating correctly? Looks like everyone is going to SE. Shouldn't it fill out all if they are random? Or is everyone just magically picking SE?

DeletedUser6486

yes, rumor is that when you select random there is a higher chance of the direction being SE

DeletedUser7185

I think the SE is also where they send a lot of the people playing for the first time.

DeletedUser4082

Well I've seen another world (Iota) get messed up from the start too because of something going wrong with the populating. Just making sure it doesn't happen here while its early.

DeletedUser4082

lgR47Ip.jpg

So its supposed to be this much SE?

I'm skeptical

DeletedUser

It's still very early, but it does look quite SE heavy.

DeletedUser3109

If you look closely more than 50% of the worlds are the exact same in order it go' SE,SW,NW,Ne. It was like this on sigma,Pi,Omcron,NU except the middle # fluxuated.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
There is no such thing as the 'bug' where SE is picked more on random. It happened once on en., but they fixed it, and it hasn't happened again. SE is just picked more, because some people think it is lucky.

DeletedUser

Please allow me to clarify how this works:

http://us.grepolismaps.org/ - When players select random location start, they are placed in an area of the map, in this worlds case, it began SE. The area fills to a certain point and then the placement begins to rotate around the map placing players of like starting times together. If you look at all the maps you can see the swirling type of pattern from southeast counterclockwise, this is how the system is placing the random players. Doing this keeps the newer players clumped together and helps to maintain the balance so that new players arent placed right beside someone who has been on for a month. While it is not always possible to do this, the method the system chooses is the best to try to attain that goal. I hope this clarifies.