World development - Is this normal???

DeletedUser

1638 vs 792 ???

Not sure exactly how this happens, but that's how many cities there south of the "equator" in Naxos, versus Oceans 44 (dominated by Ascension) and 54 (Peaceful Pioneers). Twice as many people choose south over north? Plus those who were randomly assigned? As a fan of statistics, this seems highly unlikely. (shall we discuss t-scores and z-scores? LOL)

Oceans 44 and 54 are only 1/4 full
and yet Oceans 45 and 55 are both full and spilling into 35 (52 cities), 65 (34 cities), 46 (59 cities), and 56 (34 cities)

The oceans bordering O44 and 54 have zero cities to the north, east, and west.

The totals are 1638 cities in the south, and 792 north.

DeletedUser

more than 2-to-1 seems really off to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5088

This happens in a lot of worlds. The Random direction will send most people in the same direction

DeletedUser

It's somewhat normal. Usually from my experience there's only ONE ocean lacking and ONE ocean really full though.

DeletedUser3587

You have 1 person send out invites to specific areas,that's how you get everyone on your team close to each other.

DeletedUser

This happens in a lot of worlds. The Random direction will send most people in the same direction

Then it's not properly random! LOL

(math geek in me has to be a grammar Nazi, too)

DeletedUser3109

That is why in half the worlds 54 is lacking and 55 is huge while 45 is 2nd and 44 3rd this time 45 and 55 switched but it is basically the same. Another phenmomenon is the fact that 99% of alliances in this world are premades of course this is an exaggeration but just look at 44. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?,8,9?,10. 7 and 9 Im not sure but the top 10 major alliances in Ocean 44 Naxos are almost completely premade. This is for sure going to be a competitive world.