Well - this game sucks

DeletedUser

All I wanted was a game where I could build a city, gather some resources and waste a little time between RL things.

Didn't realize until I got in here that in order to play this right it costs a bunch in cash for gold (not spending it)
The game never stops so you have a bunch of jerks attacking you right and left while you are trying to sleep or work for a living
The interface is pathetic, love the static screen (yes, sarcasm)
No place for the solo type player to just hang out

So I'll hang out for awhile but when I die - I die, until then I will keep looking for another game

DeletedUser

If you were looking for a simple city building game, you are in the wrong place. It's a real time strategy war game, not a sim city builder. Just because it is not the style game you are looking to play does not mean it sucks. Good luck with your game search.

DeletedUser5088

I would go to Sid Meier's Civilization for that. Good game that you can to solo

DeletedUser

If you do some RESEARCH before you come playing a game like Grepolis you would know it is a strategy game. all you do is come here on the forums and complain about it? wow just hate it when that happens, if you don't like it find a new game more suited for your likings

DeletedUser5088

I think the insteresting part is the interactions you have to make with other people

DeletedUser

LOL - It popped up on my browser, I signed up and tried it. Research a free game? Why waste the time, easier just to jump in. I was specifically looking for a strategy game - just not a real life cut throat one. I played WOW for 5 years as a solo player, Diablo 3 (finished all levels), Rift, Quest, and a few I have forgotten - Just got tired of them. Simcity is boring, no point to it at all. Most of the REALLY GOOD city building/strategy games were stand alone and they just don't make 'em anymore like they used to.

And King David - I am a registered user so if I want to complain I can. And I will :) As a "gasp!" female who games I have noticed that females tend to expect more from their games than just boring static screens

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
All I wanted was a game where I could build a city, gather some resources and waste a little time between RL things.

Didn't realize until I got in here that in order to play this right it costs a bunch in cash for gold (not spending it)
The game never stops so you have a bunch of jerks attacking you right and left while you are trying to sleep or work for a living
The interface is pathetic, love the static screen (yes, sarcasm)
No place for the solo type player to just hang out

So I'll hang out for awhile but when I die - I die, until then I will keep looking for another game
-You don't have to spend gold to play the game, it just helps :)
-The game is a MMO, so of course it won't stop just because you are sleeping, and if you want help from being attacked, join an alliance, without an alliance you don't have much hope in the game.
-Grepolis is a static screen game, but meh, that's subjective.

DeletedUser

Just because you do not like the concept of a game does not mean that it "sucks." may i suggest The Sims...

DeletedUser

And I will :) As a "gasp!" female who games I have noticed that females tend to expect more from their games than just boring static screens

Do you want a cookie? You complain on the one hand that it's too cut-throat and too intense for your slow game play style, but then on the other hand you complain that it's not interesting enough because of the lack of aesthetics? If you want pretty graphics go play another game. If you want a game that will challenge you, then play this one. Either way your gender doesn't matter to the discussion at hand, unless you're of the belief that females only like pretty objects and not those that actually push the boundaries of their mind...

DeletedUser

I always love these posts. This is definitely not the game for you, but whether it sucks or not is entirely subjective. My favorite part of your post is when you cry about people attacking you.... Did you not notice the attack button at all while you were playing? You should have been able to infer that "OH I can attack people... they must be able to attack people too.... wait this game always runs... I can get attacked while I am offline." After that you should have realized that you may not enjoy that aspect of the game and quit.

DeletedUser

You like building? Play Sim City.
You like building but battling by yourself? Play Sid Meyer's Civilizations.
You like building but don't like getting your ass handed to you (like how this game is)? Go back to Sim City where you belong.

Should have known the moment you started playing where you can attack other player's cities and the troops you have are for offense and defense. You can set up vacation mode as well to stay away if you are busy irl for several days at a time. You can earn Gold by doing surve-- actually I won't recommend that because people are usually the same, "I'm too lazy to do Surveys."

DeletedUser6677

yeah, sim city or civilization 5 seem like the game for you :p

DeletedUser

This game only sucks when you're loosing. Cause then you think of all the work you put into it...

But when you're destroying the hard work of others... this game is what the kids call "that good ish"

DeletedUser

Without a doubt, the best moments are when you coordinate a strike on the leading alliances lead point guy. And in a matter of 24-36 hours he has less points than you... Because you know that flipper has been pouring in tons of money into a game he plays night and day.

It always feels good to knock somebody down a peg or two, or 50k points...

DeletedUser

I play without gold all the time, it is not as hard as most lead on. However, you have to have the patience at the start of the game until you get on your feet before you can really start churning out bp and city slots.

DeletedUser

What's the point?

This game only sucks when you're loosing. Cause then you think of all the work you put into it...

But when you're destroying the hard work of others... this game is what the kids call "that good ish"

Well, she has a valid point. I absolutely love the irony of some idiot who puts on his profile statements like "I only want to fight the best," and then he spends his time attacking beginning players. If that is what you call fun, and it's within the rules, then go for it. But don't pretend that you somehow are a glorious warrior king. You're simply an opportunist who derives enjoyment from attacking those who cannot (yet) pose a threat.

I notice the game designers are already encountering this problem. If you want a wide audience, there is going to have to be some worlds wherein a person can actually build a decent city to a useful size without the large alliance players constantly swooping in and devastating them for (by your words) a "good ish" (whatever that is...).

Oh, and I believe the word you meant to use was "losing," not "loosing."