Intermediate [Video] Halo Signature (Smudge)

DeletedUser

Just in time for the Battle Royale finale :)

This tutorial is pretty long but it looks really interesting. The artist moves fast but talks through everything so you can get a bit of insight into the process and technique behind making a smudge sig. He also provided all the resources he used if you want to follow along. Marked as intermediate because I think you guys can handle it ;) I challenge everyone on the Graphics Forum to give it a shot!

Preview/Result:
hqdefault.jpg

Tutorial:
[video=youtube;nBNi8KIALLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBNi8KIALLs[/video]
Done in Photoshop -- the same techniques apply to GIMP, but you might have to use a few workarounds. For example, when he makes "masks" just erase parts with a soft brush.​

I plan on taking a stab at this tutorial this weekend, looks like fun!

DeletedUser

Piggybacking this thread with a second tutorial from the same guy. Both look excellent!

[video=youtube;aYaBr2atwYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYaBr2atwYk[/video]​

DeletedUser5973

First Tutorial, I watched the video and tried to go off of memory. I'm sure I did a few things different

Edit: not sure if I like as much on here compared to the darker background in PS
kOXBXbB.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My result following the first tutorial:

stalker_by_phil314-d8n5sp9.png

I feel like there's too much dark space at the sides and not enough going on at the top right, but I'm happy with it.

First Tutorial, I watched the video and tried to go off of memory. I'm sure I did a few things different

Edit: not sure if I like as much on here compared to the darker background in PS
kOXBXbB.png
This is sweet dude, I like it.

DeletedUser5973

edited, I think I like this a bit better
Vx8gbwi.png

and did a different one because I was bored
GNBqOta.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is my outcome after following the second video. I wish we were allowed to use taller sigs here on the forum ):

spiderman_by_phil314-d8njao3.png