Update to V2.95 - Changelog

• Thread starter DeletedUser8378
  • Start date

DeletedUser8378

Changelog 2.95

Dear Community,

On Wednesday September 9th, 2015, we will update Grepolis to Version 2.95. You may experience a short period of downtime. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!

Summary

In this update we changed "Stone Hail" according to the feedback of the community and added some tooltips which were missing at some places.

Improvements

- Added tooltips to all simulator bonus items.
- Added tooltip for the "close all windows" button.
- Removed hint of animations settings for iOS devices as they are working correctly on those devices as well.
- There was no confirmation prompt appearing when accepting an offer where you have to pay gold with quick trade button.
- In the marketplace, the gold icon and the "all resources" icon were interchanged.
- The height of the simulator tab has been fixed so that no content is cut off.
- The unit amount of unit offers in the Phoenician merchant was not displayed.
- "Stone Hail" has been changed and now applies only on surviving catapults and only if the attack has been won. (Community request!)

Bugfixes

- Unit amount in the barracks sometimes wasn't updated after instantly finishing a recruitment order
- "Browser not supported" message isn't displayed in IE7 & IE8 anymore.
- Colonizing consumed all colony ships.
- Fixed a layout bug which occurred while playing grepolis via partner pages.
- Changed order of island quest decisions to be consistent.
- By trying to send 0 colony ships to a free spot a wrong error message showed up.

Please feel free to share your feedback with us here!

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4038

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! no fix to the trading window, you got to be kidding

DeletedUser

which part of the community requested a change to stone hail on catapults
I know I was never asked my opinion on this
by changing this the stone hail research has become worthless.

DeletedUser

Stone Hail has now been rendered completely useless. Can we get a free reset of research points so we can reset it and research something else without having to burn a CP?

Also, it says "community request" regarding the changes. Where were these changes requested at? I have gotten an ear full of complaints from several members of the "community" about these changes. This kind of change feels rushed and sets a bad precedent that if you are unhappy with the game mechanics because you are on the receiving end, you can complain and get the entire mechanics of the game changed on a whim.

Everyone that plays grepo knows the mechanics of stone hail. It plainly says it in the description. I fail to understand the reason for the change aside from appeasing a few "friends" within the community who are complaining and basically ignoring the vast majority of the player-base.

Can you please enlighten the rest of the "community" as to why the changes were made? Also, why not hold a vote to the "community" in game and get a feel for how the player-base feels about this rather than acting based on a vocal-minority?

Thank you,
-StHo

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13467

As a member of this community I don't recall being asked my opinion to changing the way 'stonehail' works. In my opinion it works just fine and AS INTENDED. We have incorporated into our game play strategies, and as a strategy there is always a counter strategy. A handful of members that have likely been on the receiving end of the 'stonehail' effect are unwilling to devise a counter to it. So instead they have advocated for you to change the actual mechanics of the game. This empowers them and provides for the manipulation of the developers to continue to change game mechanics in the future which usually results in a less CHALLENGING experience. The typical result of a less challenging game is the loss of enjoyment by the majority and exodus of the that community to find a new challenge.

I would like to see a full community vote on this 'stonehail' topic before any kind of change is implemented.

DeletedUser11560

It's not completely useless. It's only the surviving catapults that do damage.

DeletedUser11525

The same rules that apply to wall damage should apply to how 'stonehail' works. Perhaps this is what they are talking about?

The real requests that have been floating around have been to select whether to enable it or not on any given attack. And this hasn't been addressed.

DeletedUser11560

The real thing people want is a change in the endgame. Why is Inno doing this to us?

DeletedUser8950

Afaik the community never asked for this kind of change to stone hail. Some of us (me included) have been asking for an option button: "send catapults with/without stonehail" - similar to breakthrough or revolt attack or attack with/without hero assistance. I wonder if anyone on Inno's side even reads the community posts.

This should have been an item for an improvement poll -- the improvement polls (in EN forums) apparently have died out, the last one there is dated december 2014!

DeletedUser2568

I have not seen many requests, beside people didnt like the fact that you could have a city with lvl 25 wall, 20k DLU and your wall gets damaged by 1 but your other building gets demolished by 5. I heard people complaining about that but nothing big enough to warrant a change to the mechanics. I personally like stone hail the way it was, although I would have like the option to toggle sending an attack with or without it.

The real thing people want is a change in the endgame. Why is Inno doing this to us?

Totally agree with this though.