Update to V2.78 - Changelog

DeletedUser

Version 2.78

Dear Community,

We would like to inform you that on Wednesday, January 14th we will be updating Grepolis to Version 2.78.

Summary

Version 2.78 brings you some more community suggestions we have been working on over the last weeks of 2014: the extended inventory, as well as a bunch of bugfixes.

New features

• The inventory has been extended with 5 more slots and 5 more premium slots (suggested by the community);
  • The item counter above the inventory icon shows now in red in case the inventory is fully;
  • After changing the account password, players are now logged out from all devices.

Bugfixes

• The layout of the spell report "Wedding" was broken;
  • When renaming a command in the command overview, the changes were reverted after using the search field;
  • When publish a report, the check box "all" was not responsive after altering publication options;
  • The invitation button in the friend invite window was sometimes cut-off;
  • In case the last units are killed by the spell lightning, the take over was not ending;
  • It was possible to insert negative values for point limits of towns in the alliance finder;
  • When cancelling the renaming of a spy command, the command was also cancelled;
  • The tutorial arrow for the quest asking to level up a hero was misplaced;
  • The graphic of Zeus' divine statue was missing on the town overview;

Miscellaneous

• Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility Drop: while working on 2.78, we decided to drop compatibility for Internet Explorer 8. This change already went live with last update 2.77. This doesn't mean that Grepolis isn't running on this browser anymore but we can't guarantee that bugs won't show up and we won't deliver fixes for Internet Explorer 8 related bugs. It is recommended that you update your browser to a newer version for better performances and higher stability.

We invite you to share your feedback with us here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11481

Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility Drop: while working on 2.78, we decided to drop compatibility for Internet Explorer 8. This change already went live with last update 2.77. This doesn't mean that Grepolis isn't running on this browser anymore but we can't guarantee that bugs won't show up and we won't deliver fixes for Internet Explorer 8 related bugs. It is recommended that you update your browser to a newer version for better performances and higher stability.

I was under the impression this was always the case. Either way, IE is just plain terrible.

DeletedUser

ya more bag slots (asked by the community) a huh sure... so now when the events roll around people can buy more buffs before its over cause they can hold more which = more money... very smart

DeletedUser11481

ya more bag slots (asked by the community) a huh sure... so now when the events roll around people can buy more buffs before its over cause they can hold more which = more money... very smart
It applies for quest rewards too. I will quite enjoy being able to stack up some +atks and favor increases.

DeletedUser

It applies for quest rewards too. I will quite enjoy being able to stack up some +atks and favor increases.

it still means that its going to suck for the rest of us who are to poor to buy gold because we have other things to buy. though, personally i like it, but it still doesnt balance out

DeletedUser11481

It could be seen that way, yes. You still get more free storage though, so it improves in a general sense.

DeletedUser

it still means that its going to suck for the rest of us who are to poor to buy gold because we have other things to buy. though, personally i like it, but it still doesnt balance out

Why would it suck? Your current slots are not being taken away.

How does this interact with the increased inventory some of us have from winning Artemesia? I still have items in this extended inventory.

DeletedUser11622

I always love the new updates. All I ask is for one feature, is it possible to add a feature so that when you see a player's profile you can also see who he/she shares internet with? I think implementing this system would reduce the amount of multi-account users. I don't see Inno implementing this system since they risk losing multi premium users, but it would make the game more enjoyable. Players that multi account will then be forced to risk their account being banned by "not using the shared internet" feature.

Just a random thought and request.