Update to V2.72 - Changelog

DeletedUser

Version 2.72

On the 15th of October, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.72. As always there may be short downtime while the update is applied.
Summary

In this update our main focus was preparing the Halloween event. At the same time we fixed some bugs and tweaked some improvements.
Bug Fixes

• In Windows IE, it was not possible to get 'new window type' window to the front of the different window;
  • Revolt commands were triggering an endless loading loop in the commands window, instead of changing states;
  • Simulator had a needless scroll bar when combining popups for morale and player search;
  • It is no longer possible to store more silver in the cave if limit was exceeded;
  • There was a missing translation for the tooltip in the recruitment overview;
  • Incorrect icon was displayed in the queue when researching conquest.

As always we would love to hear your feedback in our discussion thread.
[gpfooter][/gpfooter]

DeletedUser

If anyone here is interested what the "Chain lightning" reward is, you might get at halloween.

In the german forum is a thread:

You can get an enhancer that will run for specific period of time, and allows you to not only damage a building in an enemy city. It will also kill 2% of all the troops in the city including all support!

I am a bit curious here.

When i saw the announcement for Artemisia on the german forum, i put on my translating hat for my alliance to be informed. I later found out that Innogames was fast as a lightning and had already announced the thing here.

Why have they not announced the Halloween Event, when the announcement in the german forum was made on the 22.

Announcement: http://forum.de.grepolis.com/showthread.php?31080-Halloween-Event-2014

Feedback: http://forum.de.grepolis.com/showthread.php?30914-Feedback-Halloween-Event-2014/page4

I am really scarred about what we will have to endure in the next two weeks here!

Edit: This will hit your harbour too:

mitlpvit84.jpg

Page four of the feedback thread!

Edit: On page 5 you can read that you get an report not only from the city you cast the bolt at, but you also get a report from every city that is supporting it. The 2% are fixed and you will get the complete ammount of troops in the city, without a spy or some flyers. I am unsure, wheter you will get BP for that, but knowing Innogames you will for sure.

I think my weak heart can not endure the last pages yet. It might get worse :(

jbqesjzz33.jpg

It got worse!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think not, but just wait for 2.73.

You will get autoupdatet reports from a siege there, so you can publicize it once, and then go to the movies, because everyone with access to the def-forum will get a most current report about troop strength, incoming attacks and incoming supports. The german worlds will get this on the 29. of October.

5 Years ago this was a pure strategy game where activity counted.

Thanks Innosoft!

mgytxslm44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, I think that is a great change! It will reduce the amount of time needed to constantly keep the forum updated and allow the player under siege time to do other things.... like break the siege.

DeletedUser

I started playing on the german servers an age ago, when activity really counted.

I can definetly not approve of this change here. But this is only me opinion.

DeletedUser

5 Years ago this was a pure strategy game where activity counted.

Because in a strategy game activity means skill, right? Whoever has the stamina to sit their asses in front of computer for 18 hours a day should win?

DeletedUser

I have never said that. I am talking about a time when there was not even the merchant visiting your harbour every day. When the Events consistet of Pumpkins in the Sea, you could hunt to get a few extra resources.

When you did not drown in the variety and the ammount of boni you have at the moment thrown at you till you scream STOP.

I never said,you should/could win by sitting on your behind. But in all those years the game here has changed into something i do not "love" as much as i did 5 years ago.

And yes,you are right. I can just leave the game of course. In fact i left a year ago. Maybe i will do it again. Then at least you do not have to read anymore of my bickering.

DeletedUser

I don't mind bickering, all vets do that, I've been playing lord of ultima for 4 years straight leading top alliance, so my bickering was all over the forums. I'm just saying the game which requires you to sit on your behind 24/7 is not a very good game. Time invested should not be a major factor in a strategy game. And by that I mean

1. Your economy should not depend on how good you are at clicking Demand button every 5 minutes.

2. Your fighting should not depend on how good you are at clicking attack button at specific time.

Why? Because 1. and 2. do not depend on your strategy or economical skills, they depend on how much time you can spend around your computer.

And don't even get me started on how you don't even need to invest a single thought into how to design your cities. That I can tell you as a vet of a game where you had to place your buildings correctly to maximize your recruitment speed/FS and/or resource output, not just decide how much FS you spend on buildings and the rest into your army, while recruitment speed depends on nothing but building level.