Update to V2.60 - Changelog

DeletedUser

Well it would have been super nice if they had removed the VERY LONG standing bug that mislabels the Troop Overview as 'Trade Overview' and the Recruiting overview as 'No Recruit'. A bug that seems to be a crossover from an older patch on the .en server.

Mass programming can be a nightmare.

DeletedUser

Well if you dont like the new full screen town display you can avoid opening it; there is a new 'select town' option when clicking on the city instead of using the basic 'city overview'. Then once the correct town is selected the quick bar button from the administrator can go strait to the senate and from there obviously besides ordering constructions you can click directly on the barracks or harbor from the senate window to que any recruiting you might need.

DeletedUser

I like the layout. I like the aesthetics. I don't like that all my keyboard shortcuts in and out of the city overview are now disabled. I could deal with not being able to move around the map with the overview up. In fact, making it full screen makes it feel a bit more minimalist. I like that. But I can't deal with not having the shortcuts, and without digging into the html code to find the javascript call to open and close the city overview (which I am assuming would result in a ban), I am SOL.

DeletedUser298

It looks nice but I wish there was a way to turn it off, takes too much time to go through all my cities now, was much easier with the smaller one. As an idea, maybe have this but make it like an internet browser in a way, have a little minus which minimizes it, the box button that makes it fill up your screen or shrink it down some, or the red x. Not sure if you understand but make it full screen but adjustable so it doesn't have to be in full screen, like an internet broswer.

Edit: Also there's a bug and I have no caves in any of my cities, just tan patch of hill which I have to hover over my mouse. If this isn't a bug, those spies sure are sneaky.

Edit Edit: I think I found my cave, I had to look really close but theres a tree in the way and I can only see the outline of my cave, it should be moved to the right a little more so you can actually see it. And keyboard shortcuts should be implented ASAP, keyboard shortcuts would be really nice if they were 2.6.1, too hard to navigate between islands and cities atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9079

Hello jhaeros,

Thank you for your suggestion but there are no plans to roll the changes back at this time. If that changes, I will announce it.

Daedalus
Community Manager

Instead of fixing that which is broken they just keep compounding the list and just give cookie cutter responses.

DeletedUser

i like the look of the new city but it is slowing down my laptop. Also i am having to manually refresh my game every few minutes because screens will not show up. When i try and trade with one of my cities i click trade on the round menu and all that shows up is an empty brown box

DeletedUser836

Hello jhaeros,

Thank you for your suggestion but there are no plans to roll the changes back at this time. If that changes, I will announce it.

Daedalus
Community Manager

Instead of fixing that which is broken they just keep compounding the list and just give cookie cutter responses.

I have no problem going through my cities, also it isnt up to Daedalus. The developers are the people who are in charge of adding/ changing features in the game.

DeletedUser

Dont like that I cannot see my island view of quests and farming along with city at the same time. I have to toggle between island and city while earlier I can could both my moving the frame or minimising it. Was much easier to use. I first thought it could be just because it is a change and did not comment, but after this time, it is is still a problem. I keep missing out on the quests!

DeletedUser8140

I like the looks of the new city overview but I could do with or without it. What I do see is interesting it that they greatly expanded the distance we can see around our city. It could just be nothing, or it could be the early stages of an update that is going to add new buildings to our cities. Guess we will just have to wait and see...