Update to V2.52 - Changelog

DeletedUser

bsAm3LT.png

Hello players and forum goers,

On Thursday, January 16th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.52. This update includes a game feature change and fixes several bugs. A discussion thread can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • Changed the way how inactive accounts are handled: accounts that did not reach 176 (or more) points within 2 days will now be removed from the game in order to make room for new players. The town of these accounts will be instantly removed from the map and the slot will be available again for new players.

Bugfixes:
  • Some data didn't update correctly when switching between towns very fast;
  • Vacation mode couldn't be stopped when last world account was deleted;
  • The text of the tooltip for recruit time reduction was wrong;
  • The font size of town name was not always adjusted in the header;
  • The culture overview was not considering Tyche's Celebration of Joy correctly.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis US Team

DeletedUser5423

I love the booting of 175 point cities after two days. Personally, I think the threshold should be raised to 300 points, because there are a lot of 220 to 290 point towns, and really, they are no different than the 175 pointers. But regardless, this new change is a very welcome improvement.

dan10000

Senior Citizen
I love the booting of 175 point cities after two days. Personally, I think the threshold should be raised to 300 points, because there are a lot of 220 to 290 point towns, and really, they are no different than the 175 pointers. But regardless, this new change is a very welcome improvement.

totally agree - an awful lot of cities reach just over 220 points and then stop - prob equivalent to building one building.
this bug has ruined my current world since we could not invite players as world was full of new inactives.

DeletedUser8371

I also must agree, It takes all of 5 min of playtime to get your first city over 300, and that's following the quests word for word.

DeletedUser5244

How about we do different times for points? If you're over 600 you're good for a month, but lets say 400-599 is 5 days, and 176-399 is 3 days. Does that make sense? The little guys really annoy me. :p

DeletedUser

We will start with what we have done and assess the impact after, then if further changes need to be made, we will.

DeletedUser8364

175,400, or how about 700?

First off, I would like to say that is a FANTASTIC update!

From my experience, a beginner can get to a little over 500 points within 1 hour of playing.

What if a player starts up, plays and plays till they get to that 500 or so point threshold (especially due to all the exciting quests and whatnot if you're a beginner!) and then gets bored and never comes back?

I think it would be best to have all the 175 pointers tossed within 24-48 hours and then all of the <700 pointers to be tossed within 72-120 hours.

Those are really the only 2 levels of massive layoffs in this game, players who start and quit immediately and those whose interest get piqued momentarily and are then lost on the game not much later. This would keep the action focused with active players being forced to be nearby to each other all of the time AND it would make all cities viable for conquer. At the start of the game, I may conquer a 1000-1500 point city, but it just seems worthless if I conquer a <700 point city when I could build it in a day. Every city on an island ought to have value and this would make it so.

Also, it seems to me that a player should not be allowed to join an alliance unless they have a harbor and at least 1 boat. The start of every server begins with a mad dash for the majority of players to get into alliances while no one really has any idea what they are doing and spies abound like crazy. It would be better if you actually had to grow to a certain point such that your message could effectively "cross the ocean" so that you could declare your allegiance.

Lastly, what the heck is up with "The landing time is 16:43:12." Click, oh wait it's actually 16:43:09 or 16:43:21. I feel like it should save the time the moment the mouse click event happens and then regardless of how long we gotta wait for that hourglass to stop spinning, it actually hits when we want it to. The "anti-timer" and the latency of the server cause server detrimental effects to gameplay especially to users/tacticians who have carefully planned out their moves. Frequently, we get foiled due to no mistake of our own, but only to the faultiness of the game's design.

DeletedUser

it just seems worthless if I conquer a <700 point city when I could build it in a day.
Colonized cities start at 750pts, so yeah.

The "anti-timer" and the latency of the server cause server detrimental effects to gameplay
You'll get used to it, and once you figure out some of the strategies to bettering your odds of hitting within a certain window you'll have a leg up on those who don't get it. If you ever snipe a CS you'll stop complaining.

DeletedUser

We anticipate the next half hour or so. That is subject to change.

DeletedUser

I love the booting of 175 point cities, I agree it's a step in the right direction. And prolly saves server space and allows for new real players to come in game. :)

DeletedUser

First off, I would like to say that is a FANTASTIC update!...Also, it seems to me that a player should not be allowed to join an alliance unless they have a harbor and at least 1 boat.

I totally agree with most of what you said, not being able to join an alliance until you've built a Harbor? Can everyone say, "Goodbye, MRA's"? And I definitely agree that while the booting of the 175pt cities after 48 hours is awesome, I would really like to see it go as far with another update to remove any player who has not progressed enough through the Quest-line to enact the %75 resource production in five days time...I believe that is a fair and practical expectation of anyone who's going to play the game.

DeletedUser

Has anyone been able to access the game for the past 4-5 hours?

DeletedUser

Support ticket submitted. Haven't been able to load the game website for the last 4-5 hours. Keep on getting "failed to open page" message. This has happened on both of my computers. Also, the app doesn't load the game. Keep on getting a retry pop-up.

DeletedUser

There is something wrong with the timing in the attack planner, it was not acting up until around 8:00 this morning. The arrival times are out of order when planning or sometimes just completely off. Also, there is a problem when trying to copy/paste to the in game forum, I paste something and poof it gone.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with most of what you said, not being able to join an alliance until you've built a Harbor? Can everyone say, "Goodbye, MRA's"? And I definitely agree that while the booting of the 175pt cities after 48 hours is awesome, I would really like to see it go as far with another update to remove any player who has not progressed enough through the Quest-line to enact the %75 resource production in five days time...I believe that is a fair and practical expectation of anyone who's going to play the game.
That is okay when it comes MRA's, but what about premade alliance that you've played with in other worlds. Also, that means there wouldn't even be any alliances when a world first opens.

DeletedUser6486

That is okay when it comes MRA's, but what about premade alliance that you've played with in other worlds. Also, that means there wouldn't even be any alliances when a world first opens.

what do you mean, how would that happen