Update to V2.41 - Changelog

DeletedUser

9pd.png

Dear Players,

On Thursday June 20th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.41. This update includes a few game feature changes and fixes several bugs. A discussion thread about the update can be found here.

As is always the case there may be a short downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a list of the changes to be implemented in the update.

Game

Features/Changes:
  • The wall levels of the eighth farm village are now removed once the village has been conquered;
  • A few changes have been made to the Island Quests :
    • The spawn timers of the quests have been modified from 2, 3, 4 hours to 2, 4, 8 hours;
    • The attack and defense boost rewards have been adjusted from 30% to 10% (attack) and from 30% to 5% (defense);
    • The brothel has been replaced with a tavern in the corresponding quest;
    • The spawn probability of storyline quests have been slightly adjusted to the spawn timers.
  • Community request: added a spoiler bbcode for messages and alliance forums.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed some JS errors: 'Object' is undefined;
  • It was not possible to move an alliance forum to the lowest position;
  • Fixed several award synchronization issues;
  • Fixed an issue where the cancel button was covered by the units list in the command overview;
  • Option for resetting researches was disappearing upon research time reduction;
  • Queue did not get updated automatically in the barracks;
  • Sometimes the effects on a city were not displayed;
  • Fixed a bug where an error message,"island quest expired", was appearing during rotating;
  • The icon of the survey type was sometimes wrong;
  • There was an error upon validating e-mail;
  • Chose location check field was slightly misplaced when starting or restarting the game;
  • The wrong icon was shown when hovering over mythical units in temple;
  • The wrong world wonders were displayed in the hall of fame sometimes;
  • The farming village overview was not considering forced loyalty;
  • Improved favor production was not properly shown in premium overview on all towns;
  • There was a graphical issue in the survey window;
  • Island quest icon was missing and leading to an empty window during takeover;
  • Fixed inconsistency between tooltips if quest requirements fulfilled;
  • Attack Planner did not update when units were removed;
  • Fixed deadlocks during nightly cron;
  • Directional arrow was not updating correctly when changing towns;
  • Fixed an error in the distribution of the award "Great Power of the Day";
  • Filter for attacks in command overview did not work;
  • The menu was unresponsive on iPad;
  • There were duplicated lines in the player invite window;
  • A space was missing between renamed command and the cancel button;
  • The performances of the game were reduced a lot after sending many spies to the same town;
  • The Phoenician merchant was not visiting all towns owned;
  • Fixed some layout issues in the simulator;
  • Fixed a case where towns should have been conquered, but weren't;
  • Fixed a wrong calculation of resources during happenings;
  • Fixed wrong information in reports when withdrawing units;
  • A German survey was sent out to all players instead of the German market only;
  • You could get negative research points by demolishing academy.

Mobile

Bugfixes:
  • Research images were not correctly displayed in the academy;
  • Spells enacted on an attack could be seen in the mobile versions;
  • Some translations were missing.

Thank You,

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

I don't feel that this update will be good, I would leave the defense and attack boosters as is. That is my biggest concern

DeletedUser

The reduction was implemented due to overwhelming feedback from the players.

DeletedUser

Is this update gonna change the update on all the unit changes.. Like the changes to mythical units to cost less favor.

DeletedUser3146

i like the change think it will be a bit more balanced for players

DeletedUser

I like the idea that a spoiler is implemented in the game. This makes messages more organized.

DeletedUser

I've just started playing but I agree with "Zeus The Other God"
From 30% to 10%... I have several "Improved Defense" in my inventory at all times.
But a 10% difference, why hang onto that?
I'll just fill my inventory with insta-troop, Production, & Favor quest items instead.

Or will the reduced boosters, also (finally) be stack-able???

DeletedUser

So i guess no one knows if this update effects the unit changes they have been talking about on the grev blog?

DeletedUser271

No, if there is no announcement about this, it means that this update does not effect the units' rebalancing.

DeletedUser3146

If they were to leave them the same then I would make them a bit harder to get, instead of sending a little bit of troops making to were you would have to send allot of troops and make the risk of lossing troops higher.

DeletedUser3541

hopefully they'll change the reset in the academy. losing 1 CP is crazy!

DeletedUser

I've just started playing but I agree with "Zeus The Other God"
From 30% to 10%... I have several "Improved Defense" in my inventory at all times.
But a 10% difference, why hang onto that?
I'll just fill my inventory with insta-troop, Production, & Favor quest items instead.

Or will the reduced boosters, also (finally) be stack-able???

are you kidding me...The def bonus was horrible and a huge advantage to the defender....The defender can have (in theory) hundreds of attacks land against them with a 30% bonus while the attacker can only have the attack bonus one at a time and can only use it twice if the attack hits nothing and returns in time to be sent again before the bonus runs out...

DeletedUser

Is the poor connection I have today due to the update? Everything is really slow and jumpy today.
But then I do have comcast, so that could be it as well.

DeletedUser

Well I have lost the ability to connect at all now. I can get past the login and select world but then instead of the world I get outer darkness. The rest of the internet is working fine.
Kind of a pain to have to clear my cache all the time to be able to play as that also clears a lot of settings for other pages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you using Internet explorer? Please put in a support ticket so we can help diagnose the problem.

DeletedUser

No, I am using Google Chrome. It has been working fine for the past month. Just started today. I am able to login again now though. I will submit a ticket.

DeletedUser

If you still have some of the old "Improved Defense" in inventory will they still give the 30% increase they say or will they only give the 5% increase as the new ones show now?