Update to V2.40 - Changelog

DeletedUser

240_zps60e8f9e7.png

Hello players and forum goers,

On Thursday May 30th, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.40. This update brings us several bug fixes and a few minor feature changes. You can find a discussion thread for the update here.

As always, there will likely be downtime while the update is applied. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Below is a full list of changes included in 2.40:

Game

Features/Changes:
  • To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out;
  • The beginners protection is showed as a power under the town name shows as power now
  • Players can now send mass-mails only after reaching more than 800 points in order to prevent server spam;
  • Community request: ability to rename commands.

Bugfixes:
  • When a player gets a new town, spells like favor boost or acumen were not applied to the new town;
  • Command overview was showing commands that are not from current town group;
  • Corrected some layout issues in the global settings of the landing page;
  • The tabs in buildings were reset after switching towns;
  • Alliance Conquests and Pact Events were in German;
  • When using the mass recruit if current town didn't have a harbor, there was an error;
  • There was a bug with plural and singular form of the chariot reward in island quests;
  • Special building data were wrong in the building overview;
  • Cancelling building demolition was sending wrong response message;
  • Trojan defense applied to militia twice, it is now decreased correctly again after spell ends;
  • The inventory was not reset after player restart;
  • The In-Game announcements were not sorted correctly;
  • Attack boost was not working on all units;
  • Forced Loyalty was setting the mood to 100 before;
  • When sending multiple colonization commands to found towns on multiple spots with only one free culture level left, the last command was starting the process instead of the first one.

Thank you

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

I like the new updates, especially the part where players need to get over 800 points to send mass mail. That will definitely reduce, almost put an end to those annoying mass mails advertising other games.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, it is the update I have been waiting for the most! :)

DeletedUser

The only thing I don't like too much is this part:

Daedalus said:
To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out

Does this mean that you can be logged in only in one world at a time, that seems a little silly. So would you have to log on and off to demand farming villages in different worlds, or to do anything in multiple worlds. I guess it is the end to being in two places at once ;)

DeletedUser2569

I really hope you still can be logged into 2 worlds at the same time... If not this will be the end to being two places at once, like twister said :-(

But the 800 point minimum to sending mass mails is really sweet :-D

DeletedUser

Does this mean that you can be logged in only in one world at a time, that seems a little silly. So would you have to log on and off to demand farming villages in different worlds, or to do anything in multiple worlds. I guess it is the end to being in two places at once ;)

If I understood the change log correctly, it will only block you from having two tabs on the same world up at the same time.

EDIT: I have tested this and you can have two worlds open at the same time; although, you cannot have two tabs open on the same world. Ie: Alpha and Iota can be open at the same time but two tabs open on Iota will reset the one that was opened first.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I like the new updates, especially the part where players need to get over 800 points to send mass mail. That will definitely reduce, almost put an end to those annoying mass mails advertising other games.
Yes no more join my MRA or America needs you mails XD

DeletedUser

If I understood the change log correctly, it will only block you from having two tabs on the same world up at the same time.

EDIT: I have tested this and you can have two worlds open at the same time; although, you cannot have two tabs open on the same world. Ie: Alpha and Iota can be open at the same time but two tabs open on Iota will reset the one that was opened first.

~ Lane

Oh okay that makes more sense, although I don't know why a player would have two tabs opened for the same world at a time but maybe I am just crazy :)

DeletedUser

I like not indicating if it is a new player or not. I started on a Monday so only really had the weekend to learn the interface ... then on Sunday evening while I was out someone attacked me. Fortunately I had a friend I could call and find out what was happening (that some ppl attack others just as new player protection is up) and duck into their alliance PDQ.

Is the no-two-tabs thing IP based or cookie based? No big deal as logging in does not take long. Just that sometimes my main browser hangs so I need to fire up a different one while seeing if I can resolve the problem short of restarting it.

Anyone know when the downtime is scheduled for so we can plan things around it?

DeletedUser

I have tried with different browsers, it still logs you out.
Chrome seems to be the best browser to use for the game by the way.

In general, you don't find out when the downtime is until it is happening. It could be at any point on that day... Though, it is happening in Germany. Some time 9-5 GMT+1 you'd assume.

DeletedUser

This is going to restrict the ability to manage your cities and defences BIG TIME and is a total unnessesary restriction which will severely affect the larger players. I am against this 200% it is a huge handicap which is unwarranted and I call upon to comunity manager to show the same common sense and commitment to the players that he did over the removal of the ability to harbour spy and have this change reversed.

For those of you who play the revolt worlds this is going to have a massive negative impact. The conquest worlds will not be so badly affected, although there will be negative impact there too.

This is not a good change.

In relation to the mass mail rights issue, I believe that this should be raised to 1200 points, not 800 as this low threshold will not deter the spammers and their worthless advertising gimmicks, but any restriction to this is welcome.

DeletedUser

~ Lane
if it already logs you out when you log into the same acct on the same world why would it be a change?

so if this is gonna only allow us to log into one tab on one acct will this also log out my andriod app? even when its not on the PC i play on but is logged in.

DeletedUser

Since update today my Ipad is not able to use the menu on the bottom screen! all icons are frozen?

I have logged out and back in several times but the problem remains.

DeletedUser

We are aware of this issue and are working on a repair. We do have a work around however. If you log in to a computer and disable the sounds, your iPad will function properly within the game.

DeletedUser

We are aware of this issue and are working on a repair. We do have a work around however. If you log in to a computer and disable the sounds, your iPad will function properly within the game.

I tried your suggestion and this does not work!, please find a fix as I use Ipad to play this game as my PC does not access this game on a regular basis

DeletedUser

Just to be clear, did you go into settings and disable the sounds or did you just turn them down/off using the slider at the tool bar?

DeletedUser

they need an update so you can see how is on at that exact moment in your alliance

DeletedUser271

No, this would help spies in MRAs to tell their alliance who to attack at what time. I don't like your idea ;-)

DeletedUser2039

If the alliance uses Skype, that is a pretty good way...just a tip