Understanding Stu Ungar

DeletedUser

The purpose of this thread is to compile knowledge about Stu Ungar and determine a way to defeat him.

In Ocean 76 there is this player Stu Ungar who has 38 cities in a one man alliance. He is a massively good player always snipes attacks and has yet to lose a single city. Has anyone else run into him on this world?

How do you take a city from a guy that is concentrated on four islands.
StuPositions.jpg
StuUngar.jpg

I have played a part in 3 massive attacks on Stu, starting when he only had 21 cities and two islands, where we attacked multiple cities at once. The first wave we forgot to spell our ships and 8 of the 12 CS fleets had their CS's destroyed by sea storm. Lesson learned.

The next attack went better with our CS's spelled none were destroyed by sea storm however he stacked a couple of cites with Biremes and dodged the other attacks only to come back with a 200 harpy nuke and 30 manticore nuke which he used to mop up any remaining CS attacks that survived the initial snipe.

The third wave was similar to the first.

We can't hit his units, I think I have sent over 20 attacks at the guy and I always hit militia or nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11135

Thanks for staring this thread. I'll be visiting often.

DeletedUser

Today Stu had another city in his sights but we were able to hold him off. The attack landed with 3000+ Biremes however we sent many lightship nukes against this wall. This however was not what caused Stu to turn tail an run. Once we found out he was launching an attack. We launched CS attacks against his cities. I think he decided to recall his troops so that he could defend what he already had instead of gaining another city. But, he is tricky, he may just be gearing up for another attack on the same city.

DeletedUser

Screenshot from 2014-09-15 01:36:42.jpg
Today Stu had another city in his sights but we were able to hold him off. The attack landed with 3000+ Biremes however we sent many lightship nukes against this wall. This however was not what caused Stu to turn tail an run. Once we found out he was launching an attack. We launched CS attacks against his cities. I think he decided to recall his troops so that he could defend what he already had instead of gaining another city. But, he is tricky, he may just be gearing up for another attack on the same city.

I think I have another piece to the puzzle. If you read the O75 tab we share, Ploll had incoming from Scarecrow85, and I sent a counter attack with a 5 hour TT at 14:15:XX - I just checked on it - server time is 04:30:XX and I still have just over 5 hours TT left on it... its 12 F-ing LS... seriously.

So SOMEHOW while ALL our attacks were hitting him, he was taking them out. Took out MULTIPLE CS, and I even sent my attacks to Stu as well. Suddenly all my junk is backed up, and he wiped every CS.

DeletedUser

When we attack Stu, do not expect to hit his troops.

I can think of two ways to hurt STU:

1. Attack with a CS and a bunch of Defensive troops, if we land a CS in one of his towns with enough troops to defense against his initial snipes then we can reinforce the town and take it over.

2. Attack a siege effort by Stu, when he is sieging his troops are stuck in the same place for eight hours, that gives us time to attack. Since we cannot hit him normally when ever you get notice that Stu is sieging a place send everything that is reasonable to attack him, because we do not get many chances to do so.

P.S. A good time to attack Stu with a CS is while he is sieging someone else.

DeletedUser

The eagle has landed...he sniped with 56 manti's.....it wasnt enough....lol....no more incoming at the moment

These are the words of a player that was able to survive Stu's initial snipe, he was quickly reinforced with support from multiple alliances and now we wait to see if he becomes the first to take a Stu Ungar city.

DeletedUser

Joined Knossos July 16th, 2014 over 2 months after the world began.

Played the entire world by myself without aid from any player or alliance at any time.

ABP - 1st (2,211,705)
DBP - 1st (2,022,864)
TBP - 1st (4,234,569) (+1,641,419 ahead of 2nd place)

Total Points - 1st (2,897,856) 227 cities

Understood?

DeletedUser11053

Vote Stu Ungar for Prez!! Seriously impressive Stu.