Tournament World

DeletedUser8870

Okay so game is get boring as heck lately with all the bot happy people everywhere and where the mods and devs simply just ignore it as it costs too much of their profits to fix.

So as such I think it is time to spice this game up with some fun.

I propose a tournament world.

The premise, a complete and total free for all. No alliances, no pacts, simple one versus all world.

Specks of world 5's across the board, and have it be a revolt world.

Set world population cap to only 500. No market, no trading, no farming villages just simply one versus all with zero bonus benefits aiding a person.

As soon as one person loses all cities he or she is banished from world and this continues to only one person remains.

Reward for the victor 20,000 gold and special trophy. There is no prize for second best.

This would create the aspect of trust no one, groups may form but with one split second a person can turn on you and then boom you are gone. Also, with this world there will be zero gold spending allowed. This will make this a complete strategy world, where one bad move will make you fail. And, without having the option to gold everything quickly it will place the emphasis on a simple strategy.

Win or go home, plain and simple.

DeletedUser15357

Wouldn't work at all. You know as well as many other veterans do that Grepolis has turned into a massive hugfest. Everyone will just go into that world in groups of friends and stick with each other, and create alliances without the in-game add-ons by using skype, discord, or other external chats. Coordinate there, and then work together. Since it's a "all vs all", the second one of their own goes MIA for even an hour or so, they'll internalize.

There's VERY few new players playing anymore. The majority of the US server is the same people over and over again. This would have a better shot if you had to have ONLY a new account, but then the external communication would still ruin that by everyone saying "hey man I'm x player so watch out for me yo!"

It'd be a bit better if the setting were as follows (imo):
Speed: 4 (all)
Night Bonus: off
Colonization Time: 6 hours
Ally cap: 20
Pacts: Off
Alliance Shared forums: Off
Revolt
BP: 2 days
Gold: Off (gold already on account cannot be used in that specific world)
Starter Boosts: Off
Events: Off
Gold packages/incentives/rewards: Off
Morale: Off

^But that's only a dream...

DeletedUser4460

Okay so game is get boring as heck lately with all the bot happy people everywhere and where the mods and devs simply just ignore it as it costs too much of their profits to fix.

So as such I think it is time to spice this game up with some fun.

I propose a tournament world.

The premise, a complete and total free for all. No alliances, no pacts, simple one versus all world.

Specks of world 5's across the board, and have it be a revolt world.

Set world population cap to only 500. No market, no trading, no farming villages just simply one versus all with zero bonus benefits aiding a person.

As soon as one person loses all cities he or she is banished from world and this continues to only one person remains.

Reward for the victor 20,000 gold and special trophy. There is no prize for second best.

This would create the aspect of trust no one, groups may form but with one split second a person can turn on you and then boom you are gone. Also, with this world there will be zero gold spending allowed. This will make this a complete strategy world, where one bad move will make you fail. And, without having the option to gold everything quickly it will place the emphasis on a simple strategy.

Win or go home, plain and simple.

apart from nothing is free...
trade is essential element of the game, in your vision players would be forced to loot resources from neighbors if they want to grow faster, longer rebuilding times... eventually we would cooperate despite only one can win, transfer excess resources by looting each other etc. - it would be a very slow and limited game compared to what we have now... doesn't sound too fun, i would not pay for it, good that you want to give it free :p

I understand your frustration about bots/gold, there must be a less destructive solution than killing trade / farming though.

DeletedUser4951

This wouldn't work. Simply on the premise that if someone lands next to their friend, they're not going to attack them and will use skype, discord, or in game messaging to support them. Same goes for the pacting and shared forums. Imo the best kind of world for this would be the following.

Build Speed: 2
Unit Speed: 2
Ally Cap: None
System: Conquest
End Game: Domination
Invite Link: Off
Direction Selection: Off

DeletedUser15357

This wouldn't work. Simply on the premise that if someone lands next to their friend, they're not going to attack them and will use skype, discord, or in game messaging to support them. Same goes for the pacting and shared forums. Imo the best kind of world for this would be the following.

That'd be good, I didn't think about Domination EG or Direction Selection. Good points

DeletedUser4460

would this be your first world without a premade you set up? :p sounds a wee bit hypocritical / too challenging

even in theory I see nothing good in messing with ingame friendships or any way of making it hard for those who wish to play together... I'm sure you heard countless times too that some only play this game still after many years because of their friends / relocate whole oceans / restart the game to play with friends... new players are often recruited by RL friends who would never join if they couldn't play close together
it would be more constructive to brainstorm about ideas that actually attract more players or help in keeping our community together

DeletedUser15357

would this be your first world without a premade you set up? :p sounds a wee bit hypocritical / too challenging

even in theory I see nothing good in messing with ingame friendships or any way of making it hard for those who wish to play together...

Two things:

1) LOL at your first part.

2) STOP WITH THE HUGFEST AND MAKE WAR!!

DeletedUser4951

2010-mid 2013 I never even joined premades. Have set one up since Tegea but I didn't stick due to being pretty burned out, they're #105 in EN105 though. Already pmed you what I'd do on the EN forums, @morg. :)

Speaking of which, for anyone interested in this idea or something like that. I'd like to propose this solution. EN is due for another big 3-4 speed conquest world in the next month or two. No later than the end of Summer I'd say. This will definitely draw out some of the best teams and players in the game based on what I've seen. I also can safely say that it'll be a massive hate fest as a lot of these best teams and players do not like each other/are not interested in hugging it out. I'd say everyone should join there.

Or you know wait for the next 3 speed conq and either join AD or BoB or wait for the 3 or 4 after that and join the JV teams.

DeletedUser4460

@The Smilodon Fatalis the god of premades... don't be so modest! :p
You all talk big game here, but whenever a new server start can't fit your friends in one alliance...

DeletedUser8870

very good points brought up, i am one of those very frustrated by the way things have turned in the game, back in the beta days game was fun and exciting many players many hard fought battles, not much in the way of hug fest. now all it seems is bots everywhere, nothing ever done about it no matter how many times people complain , just simply goes ignored. There has to be a change and I figured this would be a nice fun way to start the changes in the game. At the route the game is going currently I can envision it will be nothing but a distant memory a few more years down the road. I would hate for that to happen, but it really seems that is the direction it is heading.

DeletedUser4951

I'd advise playing 2 speed on EN worlds. People tend not to bot as much on there. I've noticed that the kind of people who tend to use bots or teamviewer are usually investing heavily in the game and not willing to lose what they invested in on a high speed.

As for the hugfest. Its been that way since I first came to the US. Tbf even the early days of EN involved a lot of allies.

DeletedUser11093

I like a lot of the ideas here. What i really like is the concept of players developing the game concepts from the inside.

The point is the game is dying.

1) Endless events, instant buy and crazy packages that cost more than a international flight are part of the problem. If you want to try something new are you going to be online 24/7 and spending $100+ a month? Probably not.

2) Player culture, this mainly applies to how we as 'veterans' of the game are also killing it. Premades and hug fest alliances are just tedious. Every US revolt server i have played recently just seems to be 75% of the power on one side and 25% in some kind of terrible coalition loosing badly. I can only assume that as 'veterans' we want to win easily, play offense and not be challenged.

Why not try a world.

As suggested above: Removing shared forums, pacts, invite links, direction selection - these will help with 2). Try a new end game that is based on domination - needs to be winner takes all approach to be competitive.

For 1) Remove the starter packages , instant buy (can revert to halving the construction time per 20 gold with a limit), events 4 times a year - can we introduce a skill element to events?

Maybe try a new starter world, only new accounts that cannot share a net connection with someone with an active existing account in another world. Not sure if this is possible tech wise, who knows...