To be fair, almost all of our losses are players who just randomly quit. We had to internal 200+ in a week so its only fair we lost some to their 1000 LMDs. Very good read otherwiseI'll do a final one (possibly). Planning to depart from the world for EN121 (shocker I know). Comfortable saying this as it wasn't a big secret anyways. Will do my best to make it interesting. Its purely my opinion based on the teams I've played on and lead over the last couple years and the expectations that have come with them.
1) Pigs MRA- This might come off as harsh but its dead honest. The leaders here are really nice but I don't think things are really put together well enough to actually win in the long run and that falls on them. I actually don't think these guys would overcome some of the teams I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Came here to LMD with some friends and quickly all of us lost interest because of the things we saw. I'll list a few things we saw that I think will ultimately snowball into defeat.
- Supporting sieges that could be bantered
- Losing sieges because banter sieges were supported
- Tolerating players with no alarms while also demanding others use the alarm
- Keeping players that complained if they got pinged to help their team mates
- Calling to break low morale sieges
- Calling to break night bonus sieges
- Players randomly chucking at these sieges for bad ratios because "they needed the BP"
- Keeping players that would lose cities without a word
- Keeping players that would lose multiple cities and clearly be turning their app off or unable to handle front line life
- Messy forums
- Pacting alliances that would better serve as food (Seal Elite, Children of the Corn, Greek Fire)
- 3 Branches. I don't care what you say, there aren't 3 branches worth of good players on any world and this isn't the world to try to prove me wrong on that
- They have some good players, some of them are the leaders
- Mostly fun people to talk to
- Multiple good players aware of their situation in the world and being smart enough to focus on the people trying
- Won't lack meat shields
- Won't lack cities for wonders
The sad part is that I think they have the core group of people that could actually win the world and come out on top of the fights with anyone in the world. You also want to cheer for them being in there. And I'm not all knowing, maybe I'm not seeing some grand strategy where they pull it out and win but losing cities 3:1 isn't a good sign and with the way the world looks, this side is on pace to lose 1000 + towns....At a time in Grep where if you lose 20-50 towns a lot of people are going to start raising their eyebrows. I honestly hope that they get things together at least for the people who try hard on the team.
2) Egos/Gribbe Side- Its honestly hard to even evaluate this side because the other side basically keeps throwing the ball their way every time they get it. But they're clearly better and that's not changing anytime soon. Might not be changing ever. So I'll just say congratulations to them in advance.
- Lost 50+ towns to a bad coalition, most of that being the gribbe posse
- A few players with a tendency to pick up a ban
- Stuck in a world that they will probably have won in a few months for a year +
- Easy win
- Has plenty of time to work on the 50 towns part
- Won't be able to say they won/lost by mass coalition
I get what you're saying. The same thing happened for the Pigs losses too. I just hope you take away from that what the pigs haven't yet. Its best to not bring in people you can't vouch for. Generally speaking a handful of good players will still play better than a large mix of players.To be fair, almost all of our losses are players who just randomly quit. We had to internal 200+ in a week so its only fair we lost some to their 1000 LMDs. Very good read otherwise