Top 12 Alliances of Cythera

• Thread starter DeletedUser4951
  • Start date

DeletedUser4951

So I guess i'll start off.

1) Grepo With Swag- My alliance. Positioned...everywhere. Up to you guys to decide.

2) Spartan Legion- Also positioned everywhere. I hear they're already having trouble. For a world where most teams already have a rough start with positioning, this isn't good. Going to give them a FLOAT for now. The world is off to such a messed up start that starting bad isn't necessarily a game breaker.

3) Cobra- Positioned in O44. An alliance that's likely flying under most people's radar in terms of top 5. SWIM.

4) Sledge- Positioned in O55/O45 borders. I'm going to make a perhaps controversial opinion here. This is their world to lose right now. They have the best starting core of any alliance and their only immediate threats appear to be isolated clusters of Spartans and Eviction Notice players.

5) Eviction Notice-
Who said Eviction Noticed died after the civil war on En Golgi? Its alive and well. For the moment at least. This alliance is my enigma of the world so far. Its pretty clear that the actual En leaders aren't here, even the civil war opposition leaders aren't running this show. So this gives off more a fan boy/girl vibe than an actual EN alliance on first look. BUT two things caught my eye.

A) They might have a well known En server player hiding out with them. If so, they get a major bump.
B) They're cored and positioned quite well. Right now their biggest threat is actually conditional. If Sledge goes East into O55, then EN could find that its catching no breaks (see what I did there? ;) ). Otherwise they have no real local threats. I think Sledge goes after Spartans first so SWIM.

6) Vulcan-
Another one of those teams that are just all over the place. I don't see them lasting. SINK

7) Spartan Warriors- See 2.

8) The Crusaders- Very spread out. I don't see them lasting very long. SINK.

9) Infinite Presence-
Actually not a bad looking team. Very well cored in south O45. Watch out for this one. SWIM.

10) Knights of the Republic-
They have some great players hiding out in there. But its not enough to save them from that start. SINK.

11) Sons of Anarchy- Quite an anarchic start with no real core. I don't see them making it up. SINK.

12) F* Society-
Not a great core...but not something they can't fix. They have an advantage in the fact that they're largely in one ocean and mostly in a relatively close area. They also have the edge of not being too close to any other major threat. Their most immediate threat is Sons of Anarchy and I see them winning that fight in the long run. FLOAT.

DeletedUser15839

I can tell you right now we're not having problems.

DeletedUser14888

My thoughts are that some of the alliances are feeding off of past winning alliance names like f society and eviction notice. Each name has ultimately won crowns in prior worlds but I don't see the same players in them that won the crowns before

DeletedUser15839

Fair enough. Only got what I've heard through my grapevine. What are your thoughts on the top alliances?

Darkcrystal is right. The only team outside of Spartan's with any chance of survival is grepo with Swag. Rest [right now] are just bothersomes and/or pests. My team just won Oropos together and brought in other heavy hitters from enemy alliances like myself and others.

I'll give credit to sledge though. They try. But they attack with swordsmen.. so..

DeletedUser14888

There are some decent players in some of the smaller alliances though. This world is still in its infancy. I wouldn't start too much speculation on top alliances just yet.

DeletedUser4951

My thoughts are that some of the alliances are feeding off of past winning alliance names like f society and eviction notice. Each name has ultimately won crowns in prior worlds but I don't see the same players in them that won the crowns before

Yeah EN is obviously not EN. Save for the one guy I spotted that might be an EN player. But due to the surroundings they could be a thing for a bit.

LOL about Sledge.

DeletedUser11809

I certainly wouldnt speculate yet
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

DeletedUser4951

I certainly wouldnt speculate yet
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

That's the fun in it though. ;)

Also heads up: For laughs and to promote activity ima MM this out to the top teams of Cythera.

Might also make a true (subjective) rankings list as time goes on. :)

cfrf3902

Senior Citizen
Well tbh I agree this world is in its infancy it's really too early to decide what's really gonna happen. And as far as crowns go. They are polished pieces of tin. They mean nothing anymore. Everyone crowns now because they tear a wonder down add some people then rebuild. I don't even look at crowns any more. I look at the rewards for victor and master of the world. Those tell who won and who didn't. I also looked back on the sink or swim in some past worlds and one stuck out pretty good. We were doomed from day one in the forum but we won the world. So I don't pay much mind to a lot of opinions in here.

DeletedUser14888

Another thing to look at is whether or not they stay to the end. If a player has any last man standing awards they are probably going to stick around also

DeletedUser14548

I think the bloodbath is yet to begin, but some alliances have already shown that they can't work together or simply not strong enough to fend off some of the bigger alliances like swag or the spartans

DeletedUser4951

Well tbh I agree this world is in its infancy it's really too early to decide what's really gonna happen. And as far as crowns go. They are polished pieces of tin. They mean nothing anymore. Everyone crowns now because they tear a wonder down add some people then rebuild. I don't even look at crowns any more. I look at the rewards for victor and master of the world. Those tell who won and who didn't.

Its never too early to post predictions. Hell back in 2012 the AP polls put USC football at #1 and that was a hilarious fail. Part of the fun is being a critic and seeing what you get right and what you get wrong.

DeletedUser4951

Looks like Spartans vs Sledge has kicked off. Sledge leads 1-0.

Spartans also have taken one off of Cobra. Leading 1-0 vs Cobra.

These are really the only exchanges worth talking about so far.

DeletedUser10912

Looks like Spartans vs Sledge has kicked off. Sledge leads 1-0.

Spartans also have taken one off of Cobra. Leading 1-0 vs Cobra.

These are really the only exchanges worth talking about so far.

Ummmm.... I do believe you're stealing Sunvaar's (Paul S.) role in the forums
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif