The Union vs. Rising Shadows..."The Hypothetical War"

• Thread starter DeletedUser2039
  • Start date

DeletedUser2039

So recently I spoke to Kelset about a possible war between our alliances. We spoke for a while and then got into specifics, more so of who had the advantage. I would like others' opinions if possible. Use the same system as me or change it up if you'd like. Kelset, please refrain from dropping your opinion just yet. I would like others' opinions to come forth first, before being possibly swayed by yours or mine.

*If you are doing an alliance review, but aren't exactly sure, guess! It makes things more interesting than just leaving it blank or saying you don't know.*

Leadership: This is where you rate leadership. Use any scale you like. Some things to account for are: personality, player-to-player conversation skills, battle experience, leadership experience, ect.
Organization (inter-alliance): Rate how you feel the inter-alliance workings go.
Experience (other worlds): How do you feel the vets in each alliance compare with each other?
Battle experience (this world): What has tested these alliances to make them a bit more ready for "The Hypothetical War"?
Allies: What allies do each alliance have that could further their advantage?
Enemies: What enemies do each alliance have that could hold their alliance back (or further their experience in a positive way and give them the advantage)? Depends how you look at it!
Boarders: What alliance has better/more secure boarders and why?

Favored alliance in the public view: Overall, what alliance do you think has a better advantage of winning "The Hypothetical War"?

DeletedUser2385

It certainly was an interesting conversation wasn't it Tyler? This should be a great little community perspective post. I will enjoy reading everyone's responses as I'm sure Tyler and the rest of the community will as well.

Keltset
Rising Shadows

DeletedUser

I'll go first even though besides my ongoing conflict with RS I have very limited contact with either. More of an outside looking in point of view which is probably how most players would be looking at this.

Leadership: Top 1 & 2 alliances so must have some form of stable, competent leadership. Tyler seems a lot friendlier but also from reading forum posts tends to let his ego get a little out of hand. Keltset seems more gruff and down to earth but allows set backs to flare his temper. Neither tendency is good from an ideal leader. Staying level headed and confident is what most people look for and need from leaders.
Organization: Large alliances that have been at the top for most of the game so far so the organization must be at least competent. Without actually being a member of the alliances it's near impossible to know their actual organization and how effective it is.
Experience (other worlds): Does any of this matter at this point? You have new players mixed at the top with experienced players in all the rankings. How someone played previously doesn't necessarily effect how they play now.
Battle Experience: This is where it really starts to matter. What does each alliance have that may swing the tide of war into their favor. TU has been in a constant war with BayouBrit from the on set. They have slowly and continually grown while in a constant state of war. On the other hand so has BayouBrit. How much of that expansion was actually against active players in an active war? TU seems to have the tenacity to continue the fight and slowly make progress but I'm not sure if many or any of those conflicts were as intense and large scale as RS likes to bring to bear. RS I have more of a first hand knowledge of and would like to think have figured out their tactics. They have a lot of firepower they bring en masse but have very limited experience in defending. TU has more skill in defending but I'm not sure they are used to the type or amount of attacks RS likes to use. By looking at rankings alone both alliances are offensive mostly in nature. Does this mean a lot of trading off of cities? Does TU's constant steady pace outlast RS's blitzkrieg shock assaults? Neither alliance as of yet has taken down any large active players or alliances so the outcome may come down to the core of this game.... Resource Management. Which side is better skilled and organized to keep the troops rolling in a long and drawn out fight?
Allies: Neither alliance posts their pacts so who their allies are are a mystery. It may be more important who they are enemies with.
Enemies: As the top 2 alliances in game and both have aggressively been trying to consolidate their core ocean they have made many enemies. RS as such has probably made more allies but also have made more enemies. TU has always been enemies with BayouBrit and that doesn't appear to change any time soon. A long drawn out war between these two only empowers their enemies in both prep time and targets of opportunity. Also a long drawn out war with no clear winner only drains resources from both and emboldens alliances nearby to possibly carve out a piece of either's current territory.
Borders: Neither alliance has completely consolidated their respective core ocean so neither really have secure borders. With enemies and prospective enemies in their oceans as well on the edges of their oceans are either really safe to fully engage in a full scale war against the other without having to be mindful of aggression from other sources?

Favored alliance in the public view: I think almost every other alliance in this world would love to see a long drawn out war between these two. It keeps their attention off of expansion into other areas and allows the smaller alliances a chance to consolidate their power base, expand and close the gap in perspective power with these giants.

DeletedUser2039

Well, since it is no longer hypothetical...here we go! It isn't really RS vs. TU entirely, but just some reports that I have access to that will provide some laughs; we all do this at one point or another, but the scale this happened on was pretty bad (I'll post more as I can collect them):
2X4qr.png

2X4se.png

2X4tK.png

DeletedUser

Get people to Nuke that city with Lightning Bolt (Zeus) and you have a small chance that the city wall will downgrade! :p

DeletedUser2039

1. Never bolt a city you are trying to take, it is pretty dumb...
2. Their is a spell that hits the wall...
2XFTq.jpg

3. It wasn't the wall that killed those troops, it was the biremes they epically failed at clearing.

DeletedUser

If you don't clear the harbor, then you can't get any troops through.

DeletedUser2039

That was my point. They didn't...

Anyway, the one stipulation is when breakthrough is used. Many don't really have enough experience to use it right, or use it at all for that matter.

DeletedUser2039

I will admit, you had that city stacked with biremes haha I lost a fleet of 137 LS on that damn city! Not counting the other waves that hit, it was a rough day in that harbor lol
But I'm sorry? We're talking crap now? Well here we go!:p

TU vs. RS: Your only conquer on us was the city we founded on your island lol.
WK vs. RS: Nuff said.
AI vs. RS: Not much to be said either.

And let's go through the attacks on me by your ally and Bayou, it tells a funny story without even a CS sent. Care to count the BP for me?
[spr]
2YLji.jpg

2YLpO.png

2YLdB.jpg

2YLeq.jpg

2YLeQ.jpg

2YLfl.jpg

2YLfU.jpg

2YLgC.jpg

2YLhe.jpg

2YLhU.jpg

2YLiq.jpg
[/spr]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2385

lol talking crap? haha You posted reports first rofl.. This stuff must really get under your skin for that one little report to have you go through that effort :)

WK was allowed to take/given those cities... /NotAWar

DeletedUser2039

Touche...I did post reports first...you got me there.

But yea, if your going to post my reports I'll post yours. No problem there. (effort to post all those took about 5 minutes...?):-o

DeletedUser

lol talking crap? haha You posted reports first rofl.. This stuff must really get under your skin for that one little report to have you go through that effort :)

WK was allowed to take/given those cities... /NotAWar

Just wondering you guys let WK take three 10k cities from Alighieri256. who was active. Also all of his cities was in range for you guys to take.

DeletedUser2385

Just wondering you guys let WK take three 10k cities from Alighieri256. who was active. Also all of his cities was in range for you guys to take.

Does make you wonder doesn't it... /sarcastic mood today sorry ha

Tyler- I know it's minimal effort lol I was jesting... If we start going report for report this thread is going to get....... very....... long lol.

-K

DeletedUser2039

Tyler- I know it's minimal effort lol I was jesting... If we start going report for report this thread is going to get....... very....... long lol.

-K
Let's do it! Lol
By the way...we got a new banner hahaha drinks are on us;)
2YN0I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: