OoWICx0.png

By Sr. Sloth/Charl

BREAKING NEWS

• MRA GEFG Disbands
  • S8 and Aweshock have gone to war!
  • Small alliance The Rebels shocks all
  • Are FS and AS the winners so far?

Article I: MRA GEFG Disbands
GEFG was a big topic on the external forums. Good and Bad. But now they are gone..? What happened?

"GEFG " is standing strong at number two ranked, pretty soon will be at #1 in the world. i won't decide who to join until BP is over.

#1 alliances I have helped/personally taken down.

Theta-Just for Laughs
Tau- Game over

coming soon: GEFG

GEFG already has official academy

We have an academy mainly for other oceans. We are obviously focusing on growing GEFG the original. We love to Have good experienced players which it is showing in our alliance forums. We will grow with out mass recruiting many big alliances dont understand that. Im pretty sure the founder of the alliance wontbackdown hasnt even playe before this he asked for a pact and I said no he seemed to much like an MRA and its to early for that. He said back "whats an MRA" I reply you are. Then I explained it. People these days.

so you have an academy in a world with an alliance cap of 100 when you have 27 members. that seems a little unusual.

Yep it definitly is. But someone in my alliance wanted to have friends from other worlds join but they werent in our designated oceans so i told him if he had to he could set off and start an academy. Better early then late. Well maybe better early then late?

I'm sorry Dragonslayer but it's day 2 of the world and your alliance has 70 members and an academy. I'd classify that as MRA

Paco I respect that you think that but I actually didnt willy nilly send alliance invites most players came of a merge from Wont Back Down other than that the other 30+ members I know have experience. I know how it looks but ill tell you right now its not how it is. They offer a merge even on the second day. I said only members over like 650 or something like that at the time and they must be from 54 or 44. Suprisingly he agreed so here we are. I just want to know who else thinks we are an MRA. I want some more people to take on lol.

So there they were. A cruising MRA. Then one day: BANG. Gone

I play under another ign yes. But it's funny that I was the one who helped the most with destroying GEFG, hehe. I am proud of it.

1. GEFG - Sink, uhh, Sunk

Yes gefg was first to 80k until the one other leader I trusted blew the alliance apart and the old leader was acting as a dictator. Now Leaders from now on in any alliance I decide to run will not have access to the boot button. Or diplomatic. Its so bothersome. But I guess I. Was going to learn that it happens sometimes. I guess its bette to. Learn in a stupid speed 1 world lol.
But why couldn't he have just reinvited everyone?
The answer is just in Dragonslayer's head.

Article II-S8 and Aweshock have gone to war!

After Aweshock members kept farming S8 players, nself decided to officially announce war to Aweshocks members. It took a day or 2 for S8 to realize they were being farmed and sent nself a pm saying that we were both at war. So far it looks as if Aweshock is doing most of the farming. Small alliance beats up big alliance. But will tides turn? Time will tell.

Article III-Small alliance The Rebels shocks all
It seems that this 57 member alliance is made up of serouis players. They have a high average of 1700 pts and are now rank 2 in abp! It seems like this alliance knows what they are doing.
I don't think many people on the forums saw this alliance as being so good.

Article IV-Are FS and AS the winners so far?
Futurus Sanguis and Aweshock are the new favorites on the forums so far.
Futurus Sanguis is lead by Draceus who is bringing this alliance Xi where they are dominating. So far they seem to be a small bunch of great players.
Futurus Sanguis- a small alliance but are very strong, from my experience in Xi it will only take a month before they emerge as a huge power. I predict they will have about 35 members by this time and be very strong, leading alliances in player point average, and battle points.

Aweshock is another smallish alliance. Bigger than Futurus Sanguis but not an MRA. It is lead by nself and this alliance seems to have the idea on how to be a successful alliance.
Ya the aweshock crew defenitly has experience. (And most people here talking are in the aweshock crew) lol but ya what alliances will sink what alliances will swim?
The whole Aweshock crew is decent. Nself was vocal before VM in the Iota AweShock, and anyone besides sher that was vocal was a decent leader.
i heard nself was good...

INTERVIEWS

Interview with Andr0id Gaming of Age of Gladiators
[spr]Your alliance is currently ranked 1 in points, average, and BP. Do you think you will stay there throughout world?
I think my empire is going to be here till end game. I have control over this world if I go to war with anyone and win.

Some people call your alliance an MRA. How do you respond to that?
Well my alliance is a MRA. Well the first day I invited the everyone then after a week. If they do not qualify my point values. I give them a strike and when they get three strikes, they are kicked and farmed.

Who do you think are your top competitors at the moment
I think my top competitors are going to be a small alliance right now then become a huge alliance. Right now all the top alliances are all of my pacts.

What do you look for when recruiting members
When I look for players they have to be committed to playing this game and must be committed.

What are your thoughts on heroes
I love the thought of Heroes only thing is it is very hard to get other heroes. The first hero that you get is ok. I think it should be like 70 coins not like 100 i have been waiting to get Hercules. He is very OP.[/spr]

Interview with Jeremy83 of Section 8
[spr]Your alliance is currently ranked 3rd. Do you think this ranking will stay?
All rankings will change. Still too early in the game. Dropping inactives and replacing them with actively growing players.

How is your war with Aweshock going?
SO far nothing but a bunch of farming attempts. Will be alot more interesting once more players are CQ ready.

Some people claim your alliance is a MRA. What do you respond to that?
We may look like a MRA but our core group played together in a previous world. Accepted these new people on board to hopefully get them playing the way we do. Our method is battle proven.

Who do you think are your top competitors at the moment?
So far we are pacted with our top competitors.

What do you look for when recruiting members
When recruiting members we check out grepointel stats and see how active and experienced players are. Although we are willing to train noob's.

What are your thoughts on Heroes?
Hard to say on heroes yet. Andromeda has come in handy with getting extra resources. But still to early to til if they will make a big difference or not.
[/spr]

Interview with Draceus of Futurus Sanguis
[spr]What are your thoughts on the world so far?
The world is looking good,i'm a little upset that a few of us started the world late,but things happen.I do see that there are a lot of high-pointed players in MRAs and such.

A lot of people are saying your alliance will be very successful and maybe win the world. Why do you think people think so highly of your small alliance? Do you agree with them?
Well,i think that they might say this is due to our success in Xi,where we took on about 12 alliances which all had over 300000 points when we were at like 500000 points.I do agree with them in some parts,but we aren't as built with experienced players like we were when we started Xi.

Your alliance is very small and elite right now having only 8 members. Do you guys plan on growing bigger? If so how?
Yeah,we really don't like having so-called big alliances,because that leaves room for a lot of noobs which will drag an alliance down since you will be trying to protect them every time they see their swords flashing.We do plan to grow bigger,but we want to get all of the early stuff done first.We only vote on players when they come to us.

Who do you think are your top competitors thus far?
If we don't pact with the alliances,then i would say Aweshock maybe,even though most of us have a good relationship with their good players.Others would be Section 8 and maybe even Shibo risu,but we also have good relationships with their players from Beta.

The Heroes are looking great to be honest.Andromeda really helps in the first part of the world.It will be a pain in the future to do island quests to get coins of war and wisdom.Leonidas will be a major part of wars,because of his defense ability to raise other DLU in the city he is assigned too.
[/spr]

Interview with insanity87 of The Rebels
[spr]
insanity87 said:
I don't trust anyone comes asking me about my competitors because as you probably would know i'm taking it as a sneaky question. Or even get in com with me and find out my online hours? I'm just overcautious here buddy, nothing personal :)
[/spr]

Interview with Praktolog Rank 1 in Abp
[spr] You are currently ranked #1 in abp. How do you plan on staying on the top?

To be in the top is not our goal. we are committed to liberate the oppressed in neighboring cities eblans citizens. To do this, we need to send troops in such cities. After that we will attach such cities to the ebLANs Empire. It will be strictly voluntary because all people from neighboring cities will vote for it in a referendum. This is not aggression! We just want to protect the rights of eblans citizens living in neighboring cities.

What advice do you give new players?

Advices:
Joke:
- Pay taxes to The ebLANs Empire
- Join ebLANs junior school (we will create it asap)
/Joke (Many a true word is spoken in jest)
And some more:
- Dont be earthworm
- Dont join MRA and dont be a simmer.
- Attack or you will be under attack and wiped.
- Forgot such worlds as "Honor", "Glory" etc. This is grepolis, baby!

What are your views of the alliances thus far?

I apologize if I did not understand the question correctly. Are You talking about the future of alliances from Ithaca?
I see three way:
1. Pay taxes to ebLANs Empire, build houses and enjoing simmers (recommend)
2. Dissolve them, and join ebLANs Junior Schol.
3. Fool wipe.

What are your thoughts on heroes?

In the form as it is implemented now it is just another way to pump out real money from players and nothing more.

PS. Take this opportunity to remind our colonies: next time your must pay taxes 03/18/2014 (UNTIL 01:00 UTC)![/spr]
Interview with DragonSlayer17 Former leader of GEFG
[spr]
Why did GEFG Disband?
GEFG Disbanded because my co founder percyjackson382425 was making enemies with many other alliances and the members of GEFG due to his bad social skills. That got him into an alliance called "by myself" or something like that but then again who cares.

People called GEFG a MRA. What do you to that?
GEFG was an MRA we were more picky than the average invite everyone but yes we started out mass recruiting buwt we slimmed to the best before the problems within the alliance but at the time every alliance should have admitted to being an MRA except few like I know Aweshock was premade.

What are your thoughts about the alliances thus far
Well I am a leader here in age of gladiators so I have no problem things are going great I guess except The Rebels the alliance that started recruiting all of our members after they switched from our academy. How does that happen? Well I just guess it happens when the leader of you academy is Insane (insanity87).

What are your thoughts about heroes?
Heroes defenitly adds some twists but I was expecting more than what they threw at us and what they will throw at us.

[/spr]
Interview with The Yorkshireman of Pathogen
[spr] Having read your questions it is far too early in the game to pass any judgement, the game is too dynamic to speculate about competitors, and too unpredictable in terms of real life to proffer outcomes.

Please accept my apologies for the obtuse reply, but the situation changes daily and to answer your questions requires a relatively stable and static world[/spr]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5088

Interview with dechampion666 of Aweshock
[spr]Your alliance is only rank 26. Are you worried?

Actually its 28th now, and why should i be worried we friendly with one of two the alliances i feel have any shot against us, the rest are mainly NOOB/ MRA

Who do you think are your top competitors at the moment?
Black Sails (friendly) The Rebels (friendly with a few of their members, but nothing formal)

Aweshock seems to be a the most mentioned alliance in the forum so far. Is this just because most of the forum guys are in your alliance or is it because you guys are so good? Do you think this popularity is good or bad?

well alot of it is because of our forum guys, but some new guys have joined the forum and immediatly was talking about us, and plus we have the best average right now, so that speaks for something
and do i need to mention our leadership core
also i personally have had random player message me for sexyness (but idk why)

How is your war with Section 8 going so far?

i dont consider it a war, i consider it: NATURAL SELECTION

What do you look for when recruiting members?

i look for players willing to learn or have experience, and its always good if i know them/ another member does

too early to tell but i like this extra resource boost[/spr]

Interview with Sr. Sloth
[spr]What happened to The Scientists? They seemed like a solid premade.

What happened was I joined the world and gave everyone the link. However no one followed the link, half went ahead choosing random directions, and half never made it to the world. I really have no clue how that happened, very weird. It's not very hard to follow a link lol. So when I created the alliance with the 8 people that actaully followed the link, half of them went inactive. I then decided it was pointless and merged the active people into Aweshock, since they seem like a great alliance.

What are your thoughts on the alliances thus far?

Right now I honestly think that all the top 12 alliances are crap. Bunch of MRAs in my opinion. What I am really focusing on is the small elite alliances that may later take the lead. Alliances like Aweshock, Prophecy, The Rebels, and Ermahgerd catch my interest.

I don't really like them. Another complicated twist to the game that I don't get lol. Before 2.0 worlds ftw[/spr]

Interview with Master Chief 64/King David
[spr]What are your thoughts on the current alliances thus far?
There is a crap ton of MRAs in this world, but I dont know about any of the rest of them, not a lot of faces I recognize outside of Aweshock

When i first heard about heroes I thought it was gonna ruin Grepolis. Then I read up on some stuff about it and I thought it was actually cool, I even made a list of heroes I would get when they came out. And now that I am playing them, I get to see what they do ingame. Although I have to get better at it, Andromeda has already been injured twice :D

You say you know nself from other worlds. What is he like as a leader/player?
nself is a great player. Hes a team player, he knows his grepo. He always has something to say whether you like it or not, good or bad. dechampion is a walking wiki too so that it some good leadership already

Who do you think will be Aweshock's biggest competitor?
Right now no one. But I think some good alliance will come along and make a run for our money

Why do you have so few points? :p
Simming of course. And it speed 1 :p[/spr]

Interview with R.H. Stogus
[spr]What are your thoughts on the current alliances?
OK, first of all the top 6 alliances are MRAs theres no doubt about that..come on there are like 90 members in each of them. Although I am not playing in this world, I can tell this is one huge MRA World...this is no joke kid, I mean you even got an alliance called "Age of Sparta" and that's saying something. This is not cool man, and look, how many days has this world been open? A week? 10 days? I dont know but according to grepostats, the top player only has 4000 points...come on what is this ? Noob player land? I dont really know. This world contains way too many noob allliances.

Will you ghost again here?
as i have said before , no im not even in this world

Who is Sr. Sloth?
you are sr sloth

Do you attack with Triremes?
no light ships...the resource+pop: # of LS is better than TRIs

What are your thoughts about heroes?
Heros arent that bad. Just the fact you need so many quests just to get 10 Hero coins.[/spr]

Comics
Aweshock
7vFVi.jpg

Section 8
7vFNc.jpg

AOG
7vFJx.jpg

Futurus Sanguis
7vHZh.jpg

Rebels Vs. Aweshock

I decided to ask a bunch of people which alliance is better? The Rebels or Aweshock
These are the answers I got:
[spr]
Cavalier222- I know people and have friends in both alliances, hard to say.

GOLDLEADER-I don't really know.
I don't have an opinion on it.

darkgarrion-dont know, dont care

Acidolpholous-I have no opinion

maynetiger-I dont have a dog in this fight. Both seem to have a decent per player average. "Aweshock is a better name".​
[/spr]

So far rebels 0. Aweshock 0.

Obituary
Players
-Mr. Sloth (I have no clue where he went lol)
-R.H. Stogus (He must have joined at some point)
-All the other quitters

Alliances
-GEFG

Debate
How many people would try to rim Stogus if he joined?
Will AOG stay on top of the leader boards?
Will Aweshock live up to everyone's expectations?

MAP
[spr]
hxZiqYJ.png

J8STTvn.png
[/spr]
Thanos Weather Forecast
10 Day Extended Forecast....

Expecting heavy rains over many realms, mostly those Alliances beginning with "Age"...floods expected to cause SINK-holes in these realms.....
7vLxv.jpg

Deadly electrical storms with frequent lightning expected to hit realm of Section 8....they should stay in sim mode to attempt to take cover from risk of extreme Awe-shock....
7vLHZ.jpg

Cool, breezy day expected in realm of Black Sails, allowing them to easily win the sailing contest on Lake Grepolis today....
7vLMm.jpg

This is ToT, your friendly meteorologist, with forecast updates every week....we promise a 100% money back guarantee for our forecasts....but since you're not paying for them, oh well....you get what you pay for.....
Lottery

Pm me ingame with a number 1-40. Closest person gets a reward and will be announced next issue.

Reward:
-2 happieness spells
-2 weddings

This newspaper was made by Sloth.Inc
Credits for Comics Section go to dechampion666
Credits for the weather go to Thanos of Titan

DeletedUser

The "Do you attack with Triremes?" question under Stogus's interview is priceless.

DeletedUser

{ the Demuus looks at the Map }

Heavens to Murgatroyd! I appear to be surrounded!

oh, my nerves ....

Great read and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice work! The Stogus interview was indeed priceless. I still think he's in this world somewhere. Dunno why ppl seem to keep talking about this world filled with noobs and beginners. Speed 1 worlds are MADE for beginners. That way they're not cq'd in 7 days, even a gold user can't do that here.....

8)

DeletedUser

Nice work on this newspaper.Lots of hard work put into this.Comics were my favorite. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

DeletedUser

Whoa how did you get an interview with Sr. Sloth? That guy is like impossible to reach!

DeletedUser

The "Do you attack with Triremes?" question under Stogus's interview is priceless.
i actually use triremes in my CS spec cities

Nice work on this newspaper.Lots of hard work put into this.Comics were my favorite. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Nice work! The Stogus interview was indeed priceless. I still think he's in this world somewhere. Dunno why ppl seem to keep talking about this world filled with noobs and beginners. Speed 1 worlds are MADE for beginners. That way they're not cq'd in 7 days, even a gold user can't do that here.....

8)

i like speed one bcuz you have to think more, act less

DeletedUser

Couple things guys.

1. This is incredible, nice job Charl, you have a future in Comms.
2. Sorry I have been gone awhile, back from VM, so I know this is "late news" and all but Dragonslayer, I told you to mark my words about you guys failing, wow I didn't even have to do anything yet, your lucky I didn't make you look like a fool outside the game AND more importantly-in the game.
3. There needs to be more talk about prophecy. Just saying.

DeletedUser

8)

Im not in this world....:)

DeletedUser

Hes playing beta? i thought he wasn't joining any more worlds?