Spartan Showdown discussion

DeletedUser12678

I used to play on the EN server, but have been on the US server since returning to Grep 2 years ago. Who should I sign up for?

DeletedUser

You should sign up for the world/server where you have the most battle points. In order to qualify for entry you must have a minimum of 1000 battle points, and for each month the world is open the minimum increases by another 1000 BPs.

DeletedUser

WHat server will the showdown be on & what if your US game name is already occupied on the EN server by someone else?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10111

is this going to be a test of skill or just a test to see who can spend more money? ie gold trading and instabuy?

DeletedUser271

WHat server will the showdown be on & what if your US game name is already occupied on the EN server by someone else?

From what I understood, the showdown will not take place on a specific server, but each player will register as a contestant on the world of his/her choice. In the end of the showdown, the BP accumulated by each player on his world will be added to that accumulated by other players on their worlds, which will form the score of the US/EN servers.

If you can't register for the EN server because your name is already taken and you don't already have an active account there, I'd advise to register as part of the US team as you need at least 1,000 BP/month since the opening of the world, and the latest EN world is almost 3 months old, which would mean you'd have to gain 3,000 BP before actually registering for the competition.

DeletedUser

Kyllmen in the post above is correct and has a great explanation.

is this going to be a test of skill or just a test to see who can spend more money? ie gold trading and instabuy?

We can't stop regular features of the game. However, it should be balanced, as players that spend large amounts of premium will have more cities. The formula we use to determine the winner will compensate for the size/speed difference.

DeletedUser10246

My thoughts are any world, that is close to the end will have far more bp then a server even a month old. Then factoring speed and morale. I feel like this wouldn't give an accurate portrayal of a true competition with so many variables.

DeletedUser

Kyllmen in the post above is correct and has a great explanation.

We can't stop regular features of the game. However, it should be balanced, as players that spend large amounts of premium will have more cities. The formula we use to determine the winner will compensate for the size/speed difference.

I guess that will help a little, but gold still buys troops, which give you BP...

DeletedUser

My thoughts are any world, that is close to the end will have far more bp then a server even a month old. Then factoring speed and morale. I feel like this wouldn't give an accurate portrayal of a true competition with so many variables.

We are counting the amount of Battle Points gained over a period of time, not the total amount of battle points. Also the final figure will be a weighted average of the amount of battle points per city, not total battle points.

DeletedUser12678

That makes it more difficult, as I am stuck in an area where it is very difficult to grow.... unless I start major war. And as a 1 person alliance that would be a stupid thing to do. So my stats would probably handicap the US team.

DeletedUser271

where do we sign up, I am def game for this...

Everything is said in the original thread ;-)

Signing Up
  • Post a reply to this thread with your ingame name and the world you wish to compete with. Please note that all posts in this thread will be hidden.
  • The first 50 people to meet the requirements ( BP = 1000 x # of months your chosen world has been open) will form the .US team.

DeletedUser

Thanks Kyllmen, I know I signed up... :) Time to bring it for us... :)

DeletedUser

I signed up, and I'll bring my best, but the competition is going to end up being bullcrap.

Commander of Rome starts on June 18th. I know it's a pretty long event, I think it's around for 40 days on the beta server. My guess is, it'll finish shortly after this competition.

Time for more gold I suppose.

DeletedUser12660

Idk why some of you guys signed up, you're all noobs :p

No but this competition really doesn't show which is the best, I mean. Starting all on different worlds or even on the same one and just far away. That doesn't portray how each server plays. Or how good each server players are. Any noob can get 1000 BP. This should've been in a certain world, where you have one side full of en server players like a coalition. The other side full of us server players. Then start fighting.

DeletedUser13074

I think this is great idea, but I a am hesitant. What is to stop a team from just making CS to sink in empty harbors and manufature BP that way? It is common practice at end of worlds as people are trying to make Hall of Fames. Cheesy but common.