Repping - Its should NOT be a popularity contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As we have many new players to our forums I wanted to take a moment and discuss the rep system.

For those who aren't aware, you have the ability to "grade" a players posts and contributions to the forums by giving them a +rep or a -rep. If you are new, your rep power will not be that strong or even really exist, but as you become a more active participant in the forums, your power to influence a players rep increases.

rep1.jpg

Start repping by clicking badge icon on the post you wish to rep.

rep2.jpg

You cannot rep yourself, you must rep another player. A rep should be given for what was posted, not because a player rep'd you.

When you give + rep, you get this reply:

rep3.jpg

Negative reps get this:

rep4.jpg

The rep system helps other players to see exactly how useful the community finds the posts that a user makes. You can see this by the green dots which will form a bar beneath the players username. Hover your cursor over that to see what the players overall rep is rated as. The higher the rating, the better the rep.

As you post more, and make relevant posts, your rep power grows. If I find that players are making trash posts just to gain rep power, or are abusing the rep system, I have the ability to edit/modify a users power and/or rating and the ability to remove post count or even eliminate the rep system (should it be abused excessively).

I hope this explains the rep system a bit, please feel free to PM me with any rep questions.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

Daedalus

Status
Not open for further replies.