Quirks we are experiencing in US Athens

DeletedUser

We have been experiencing some strange quirks.

1 - when i started playing over a year ago, a Divine Envoy (DE) was considered a mythical unit. it could not support another city that had a different God and if you changed Gods then you lost all of that Gods' DEs. i am now hearing that this has changed and that DEs belong to all Gods and that the Gods are not jealous of them? when did this happen and is this true?

2 - a single LS wave was hit by: Sea Storm, Zeus' Rage, and Desire. i thought that only ONE spell could be attached to any one attack. either you protected it with a spell yourself or the enemy could hit it with one negative spell. when did this change that the incoming attack could be hit by multiple negative spells?

3 - we had a city ghost on us right in the middle of a conquest. the guy that was being conquered had two cities. he is still playing the other city. how did he ghost his one city?

4 - it used to take 7 days for a city to ghost when a player ghosted, it now seems to be immediate if they delete their account. is this true?

5 - if you are conquering a city and someone else sends in mythical support that matches the god in the city, the support stays there until the conquest is finished - i am told that this then chooses the god for you. the city will retain that god even though you yourself did not send in any myth units.

5a - what if it is a DE that is sent in to support the city (being conquered) from a different god - now that DEs are supposedly not falling under the myth unit rules but are universal. will the city change to the God from the DEs home city or will it remain the God that is in the city? this opens up a whole new can of worms and questions since DEs aren't really myth units anymore but yet they are. where can we find out what they are classes as and when was this change implemented?

6 - We have also been told that you can do different things via mobile then you can on the browser app. is there a list some where that lists the differences?

We have had other quirks but only just recently started cataloging them in our alliance forum because so many strange things are happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6486

1. divine envoys can support any city that has a god selected

2. Not sure, might have been a bug

3. I don't know that one either

4. Not true, it is immediate if they restart their account, when they delete it still takes 7 days

5 and 5a. don't really understand your question

6. I don't believe there is an official list

DeletedUser

1. divine envoys can support any city that has a god selected

2. Not sure, might have been a bug

3. I don't know that one either

4. Not true, it is immediate if they restart their account, when they delete it still takes 7 days

5 and 5a. don't really understand your question

6. I don't believe there is an official list

part of my question for #1 - when did that start? i know it wasn't like that a year ago. i used DE's back then.

4 - what do you mean immediate if they restart their account? are you saying that if they restart on this world then all cities they have ghost immediately? that makes sense. but NOT the 1 city ghosting and he continues to play his other city. how could that happen?

for 5 and 5a - i will try to walk you through it.

5 (rewritten) you are the conqueror and you have Hera in the city sending the CS. the city you are conquering has Poseidon. as the conqueror you send in NO myth units. but someone else decides to send in Hydra to support the city. this Hydra stays in the city when it changes into your hands. are you then automatically given Poseidon even though you were NOT the one to put the myth unit in the city?

5a (rewritten) same scenario only now the other person is sending in an Athena DE. are you now going to be given Athena as the god even though YOU were not the to send in the myth unit? do you have any choice in this?

can you send me a wiki reference or forum reference to the official change to DEs actions and how they are used now?

DeletedUser

does anyone with actual game knowledge answer these things?

i remember trying the forums about a year ago and being totally frustrated with them. the grep wiki is really inaccurate and now they seem to be changing the game rules on us without telling us.

seems like no one knows the answers to my questions.

DeletedUser

We have been experiencing some strange quirks.

2 - a single LS wave was hit by: Sea Storm, Zeus' Rage, and Desire. i thought that only ONE spell could be attached to any one attack. either you protected it with a spell yourself or the enemy could hit it with one negative spell. when did this change that the incoming attack could be hit by multiple negative spells?

I had another wave hit by wisdom and desire. When I tried to cast a spell on the wave, it told me a divine power had already been enacted on it. Very strange.

DeletedUser6919

Not strange. Desire was enacted and that spell protected the attack.

In general, more then one divine power may be cast on an attack. However if any of the following has already been cast then you will not be able to cast another:

Helmet of Invisibility
Return from the Underworld
Heroic Power
Favorable Wind
Desire

So if you want to use wisdom, Zues' rage, sea storm and desire, you must cast desire last.

Please note that you can use the same spell multiple times on the same attack providing that you have the favor and none of the 5 spells listed above has already been used.

For your other questions Decky has answerd 1, 4 and 6.

For 3. It's not possible. So either they restarted and you didn't notice that his other city was a new one and not his original city or you should contact an in game mod, Settings--->Support.

For 5 and 5a I'm about 95% sure that its false in both cases. I think god only changes if you send a myth with the cs and not as support and as DEs are not attached to a god, I can't see how they would change the god.

I'm flipping a city later, providing no myths have been sent with CS, I'll send some to support and be able to give you the answer for 5 tomorrow after siege is complete.

For 5a, DEs are rubbish. So I think instead of trying to find the answer it would just be better if you didn't waste the pop on building them.

DeletedUser

actually, i haven't been answered for #1
when did this happen?
. and
can you send me a wiki reference or forum reference to the official change to DEs actions and how they are used now?

it is quite disconcerting to have the game play change with no documentation. i had no idea about the change because i didn't use DEs. that's about to change now that i find they are a universal unit like a regular unit.

i concur that you guys have answered 4 and 6 the best you can.

3 - i was playing in the op when this happened to the guy doing the conquest. i can still go back and point out the cities that it happened and the 2nd city is actively being played by the original owner whose other city ghosted. you can't just say it's impossible - it happened to us. why have we not contacted support? what good would it do?

for 5 and 5a - i am asking because i am told by another member of my alliance that this is true. so i need an actual answer because i have a player in my alliance that is telling me that they tested it and it's true. i am being skeptical and asking here. so i am very interested in how this works - remember that this has to come from a person that is NOT doing the conquest. that is the question, can someone else pre-determine your god for you?

about the DE's being rubbish. that doesn't answer my game play question. this is a game of tactics and those who work outside of the box often get a tactical advantage. i want to know because i want to know the possibilities. to just dismiss something because you don't use that unit doesn't tell you what someone else may be able to do with that unit.

3 - i was originally taught that there were 4 spells that protected your attacks. i had forgotten this but i am very sure it was only 4. i am glad for the definitive reply but would again ask for the wiki reference for documentation purposes.

DeletedUser

What does it matter WHEN it exactly happened? It happened, DEs are neutral... Do you really expect a player to remember the dates at which every change occurred?

On your question about can someone change your God - the answer is no. No one can predetermine that for you. The support simply stays there, it doesn't influence your conquest directly. Also, DEs are neutral units and that means that they cannot influence a God. It's like claiming that swordsmen can change your God....

About 6 - what kinds of different things do you mean? Different game mechanics on the mobile app? The answer to that is again - no. The mobile doesn't offer anything different from the browser game.

Don't know who has been telling you these things but I don't think you should be listening to them. Especially that thing about how support changes your God..

DeletedUser6919

actually, i haven't been answered for #1 . and

it is quite disconcerting to have the game play change with no documentation. i had no idea about the change because i didn't use DEs. that's about to change now that i find they are a universal unit like a regular unit.

Okay, done some digging. I couldn't remeber DE ever being asigned to a god and that is because they never have been. I did think that I'd just not noticed cos I never build them but have double checked and have attached the original change log for you.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?41554-Update-to-version-2-33

3 - i was playing in the op when this happened to the guy doing the conquest. i can still go back and point out the cities that it happened and the 2nd city is actively being played by the original owner whose other city ghosted. you can't just say it's impossible - it happened to us. why have we not contacted support? what good would it do?

To clarify what I meant by it's not possible, there is no reason that this has happened. There is nothing written into the game to allow this to happen. So it's either a glitch or somebody cheating. Both should be reported to the mods.

for 5 and 5a - i am asking because i am told by another member of my alliance that this is true. so i need an actual answer because i have a player in my alliance that is telling me that they tested it and it's true. i am being skeptical and asking here. so i am very interested in how this works - remember that this has to come from a person that is NOT doing the conquest. that is the question, can someone else pre-determine your god for you?

about the DE's being rubbish. that doesn't answer my game play question. this is a game of tactics and those who work outside of the box often get a tactical advantage. i want to know because i want to know the possibilities. to just dismiss something because you don't use that unit doesn't tell you what someone else may be able to do with that unit.

Well I was gonna test it for you but CS was sent with Harpies. So I suggest next time you take a city, you try it for yourself and get the answers you need. However I'm sure that this isn't true.

3 - i was originally taught that there were 4 spells that protected your attacks. i had forgotten this but i am very sure it was only 4. i am glad for the definitive reply but would again ask for the wiki reference for documentation purposes.

There was originally only 4 but that should have changed to 5 before you started playing, so guessing you got taught out of date info.

Info is on the wiki page.

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Divine_Power#Usage_of_Divine_Powers

Return from underworld is the spell that has been added to the list

About 6 - what kinds of different things do you mean? Different game mechanics on the mobile app? The answer to that is again - no. The mobile doesn't offer anything different from the browser game.

Torgaddon I agree with everything else you've said but disagree slightly with the quote above.

There are some minor differences between the two. I get an alarm on app but can't reserve a city, also I get a list of what my allies are upto on the app but I can't find that on full site.

If it is me just being daft please can someone tell me how to claim a city on the app cos it's driving me nuts.