Question about Population (ANSWERED)

DeletedUser

If I have 6 population but have just completed the island quest and am receiving 4 swordsmen every hour for 3 hours, what happens when I run out of population?

Will upgrading the farm after the 3 hours ends instantly give me the missing swordsmen?

How does this work?

DeletedUser2039

You go into the negatives and can not build or produce anything until you get back into positive population.

DeletedUser

Is that really how it works? I was under the impression that you just don't get the extra units. If you could just let your pop go into the negatives using island quests, it would be easy to stockpile a ridiculous amount of units this way.

DeletedUser271

If you want a real answer (Yes, don't trust Tyler, his answers are never right :p), just contact the support and an In-Game Mod (or even Daedalus himself if you're lucky :eek:) will answer your question(s) ;-)

DeletedUser

If you complete an island quest and you do not have the population to support the reward you will not receive units. In the example given at the start of the post you would not receive the swordsman after the population ran out.

The only time you can have a negative population is at the beginning of the game when you are completing the various task asked of you by the advisors. If you do not have the population for one of their rewards you will receive negative population.

DeletedUser

i have reached farm max level 45 . i can't train or increase other building levels . is that the way it should be . play for weeks and get to this point where i can't continue because of no free population ? someone tell me there is a way to increase population or my time has been wasted

DeletedUser566

because there is a population limit...and level limits on the buildings... and research points.. so you need to make choices... and to continue building you attacks things.. lose troops and rebuild.. get enough battle points to convert to Culture points.. and get enough culture points to get more cities...

that is the game

DeletedUser9073

I see so many people with 17k towns and I ask myself why???? Once you do all your upgrades you can demolish some buildings like why have the senate to level 25 if your not building anymore? Do you really need the harbor maxed out when you can use call of the ocean? Level 20 is fine. All 3 resources should be maxed all the time and the temple than the market once wonders come. I wont get into the wall level debate because so many people think different.

DeletedUser10048

To clarify, once you run out of pop you wont receive what the bonus offers.

The only time you get neg pop is on the game intro quests.

DeletedUser

Does population grow like a resource does? Ie by itself. Im pretty sure we all know how babies are made...Should be the same in the game.

DeletedUser9662

No to get population you must upgrade your farm. The higher the level, the more population. You can check this by clicking the farm and it will bring up a window showing you. You can also increase your population by 10% if you get the special building thermal baths. Hope this helped

DeletedUser

No to get population you must upgrade your farm. The higher the level, the more population. You can check this by clicking the farm and it will bring up a window showing you. You can also increase your population by 10% if you get the special building thermal baths. Hope this helped

So the population does not increase by itself? Seems like the armies stay pretty small then considering all the other demands on building growth.

DeletedUser271

It adds strategy to the game. That way people have to think before upgrading every building in their city to the max level if they want to a substantial army :) And having enormous armies would add nothing to the game anyway in my opinion :p

DeletedUser10048

Does population grow like a resource does? Ie by itself. Im pretty sure we all know how babies are made...Should be the same in the game.

Population expands in 4 ways:

1- upgrading farm
2- Research Plow
3- Buildings thermal baths
4- Event bonus