Oktoberfest a bust 5 minutes in

DeletedUser

Major Lag. Response failures. Settings dont work anymore.... Can I disable Oktobetfest so I can get Grepolis to run properly? Like its causing the demands to take like 10-15 seconds with the captain. I have scroll bars in the explorer window now. It also stuck on a black screen while loading and i thought i was going to have to reset my cache. The Oktoberfest window is all jacked up. Thumbnails are out of place and not flush with rest of image. Simulator is basically inopperable.

I feel like this is as slow or even slower than playing on EN.grepo

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

60 views and no posts...

Is anyone else having these problems?

DeletedUser

Hello,

Please clear your cookies, and try it again. I haven't got any problems with the event.

DeletedUser

My apologies for not replying sooner, I have been on the road. There are no reports of issues with anyone and the game right now. Please do clear your cookies and cache. Then reload your web browser. There is no way to disable the event.

DeletedUser

I had done both by the time you had posted with no results. With talking with people from my alliance in gamma, all will say the server is running much slower. I was on at the time it was implimented and it slowed everything down drastically. its almost unbarrable how long it takes to demand from my farms now. I thought to disable the timers from showing in hopes it would free up some bandwiidth but I cant change the settings because it wont allow me to save my settings. When you first open the oktoberfest window, the instructions pop up but then get distorted in the main window and you cant read anything(happens everytime i open it for the first time in a new world). The simulator is really bugged now and after entering an amount of units, all the boxes just dissappear and the window goes blank. It comes back sometimes but I have to basically close and re-open and hope it works. When I click on a city to get the pop-up option, it take like 5 seconds for the bubble to expand and for me to even to be able to press info/attack/spells etc. This doesnt sound like that much time but its crazy how much longer its taking. Thumbnail images are reacting differently when i pass over them and its like where the image isnt lining up where its supposed to be. Also if I hover the cursor over my training que without going into the barracks or harbor, it stacks the image and time on top of each other with the image way to the right of where it should be. As a result of things not responding the way they should/have been, things get messed up because you click, nothing happens so you click again 5 seconds later but it already had the previous click so now its doin both and the second click was on something I didnt want and couldnt even see because it took 10 seconds to respond.

I wish I had some sort of desktop recording software so I could show you whats happening but i have a hard time believing im the only one. It happend the minute that Oktoberfest was turned on because I was demanding the minute it happened. One minute everything was fine but not the next.

Its so bad I would rather just go into Vacation mode for the week of the event but i just extended all my premium and would really appreciate some sort of resolve for this issue as it makes the game unbearable to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have personally logged in and do not experience the issue you are referring to. I also havent received any other reports (that doesnt mean others arent experiencing it though). Is anyone else having this issue? Is the server slower than normal for anyone else?

DeletedUser

I'll go ahead and add this in; I've been experiencing some lag myself, and my computer's been running slow whilst I keep the tab open. May be unrelated, but I thought I'd make a note of it.

DeletedUser

Seems to be a lot better. The display issuses have gone. I can change my settings again and the servers seems to be running faster. Not as fast as before the event but faster than this morning. For now its ok, Ill let you know if I have any other issuses.

DeletedUser

I accepted my "Happiness" spell, but the 50% addition to resource production does not seem to be occuring. I have Hera God and have used the Happiness spell many times. For the Oktoberfest version: the icon under the city name is missing; the notice when you mousover the resources shows normal hourly rates, not 150%; and the accumulation of resources seems to be at my normal (without Happiness) rate. Does the Oktoberfest feature of Happiness spell work differently? Please explain. Thank you.

DeletedUser

Someone else reported this but when I logged in to check it was there. Try reloading your screen. If it is still not there, then submit an in game ticket.

DeletedUser

I closed Grepolis and left my computer for a few hours. When I came back and went to Grepolis..... EUREKA! The Happiness Spell appeared in all its glory. After attempting to calculate the resource accumulation, it appears that the resources have been growing at the proper 150% rate since I closed the website. I cannot confirm they grew properly between the time Happiness began and the time I closed the website (about 20 minutes). No matter, I am satisfied that it is working. Thank you for the help.

I guess the road to Happiness can have many twists and turns... even in Grepolis.

DeletedUser

Was there an actual issue with the rollout of Oktoberfest? Its very strange how I couldnt change settings and how the visuals were off so I feel there was an issue but it was resolved late this morning-early afternoon.