Newspaper - The Chi (Issue 1)

DeletedUser

The Chi
Issue 1
Because coming up with a punny name was too difficult.

Welcome to The Chi, the first and only newspaper for this world. In this issue you'll be reading interviews from leaders of some of the more exciting alliances in Chi (and one that will make you groan) as well as a special interview with one of the top players in Chi so far, a Sink or Swim special about a certain top 12 alliance, an update on all colonizations so far and short news stories about certain alliances. So without further ado, let's get on!

Interviews

First of all an interview with Lord Aylith the Great of The Holy Roman Legion:

[spr]1. Right now you're placed 2nd in the worlds rankings with the most members. Some people are calling you an MRA (Mass recruitment alliance for anyone who doesn't know). What do you have to say to that?

Were not a mass recruitment alliance. Sure I get all the people in I can from the start, then weed out the weak later.

2. Obviously at this point in time The Death Legend are top of the leaderboard. Given the amount of members they have and where they're all placed, how long can you see them staying there?

Well just today they fell to three. And my alliance is just a bit behind from first

3. Looking at your BP it seems really quite low. Do you have any plans to remedy that, or do you play to a different philosophy?

We're in an ocean with new players my beginners protection just ran out, and for some of my alliance hasn't even ran out yet.

4. If I put a rabid raccoon down your pants, what would you say?

Not sure how to respond to that... XD

5. Finally, if you were certain there was a spy in your alliance, how would you go about catching them out?

Its rather hard to get spys out unless they slip up noting you can really do[/spr]

Well that interview was short lived...wonder if the alliance will be the same?

Next up we have kid cudi of the high flying Angry Penguins:

[spr]1. Top in ABP and still rising at a solid rate. You clearly have an aggressive alliance, but was this planned from the start?

Honestly Myst Ive been asked that same question a couple days ago, the answer was no. Aggressiveness was not just something that erupted once beginners protection ended, it was actually planned way before it ended to get as many ABP's as possible right out of the gates. They say first impressions are what counts haha

2. Obviously being top in ABP you probably have made a couple of enemies, and if not then you most likely will do soon. Is there anyone who you can imagine being at war with in the near future?

You hit the nail in the coffin there Myst, so far we are at war with one major alliance and farming two others. The war at this point is basally meaningless until more people get CS ready, but I can tell you, keep your eyes open because things are about to heat up.

3. Carrying on from the previous question, I've noticed you have players quite clustered in O45, but in O55 they're quite spread out. Obviously you're in O45, so what made you decide to recruit into O55?

Players. The first couple days of this world was slow. Majority of players belonged in o55 and plenty good players as well. I couldn't really pass that opportunity up. It was basically open for the taking seeing the only alliance there was Excalibur.

4. Jaffa Cakes.

Not sure how to answer this one, never really had it before. Maybe I should try it at some time.

5. This might be a bit of an out there question but they're right behind you in every possible statistic and you even share an island with a few of their players so I have to ask, what are your thoughts on Patriots?

We have a great deal of respect for them, See answer to question 2 :) [/spr]

Thinking about it, I didn't think penguins could fly...well, I've been proven wrong before!

And last, but certainly not least, an interview with CHIajuana's jham4u:

[spr]1. Obviously your alliance is rather small right now in comparison to others, but how did you go about finding your members?

All of our members work together on a chicken farm in real life, you would be suprised whar great grepo players chicken farmers make. Mcscrewie is acutually our head chicken choker... In all seriousness though, the majority if us all played together in previous worlds with the exception of a couple that we picked up with top grepo pedigrees that happened to land right next to us in this world.

2. 3rd in ABP with just 8 members, and the first conquest. That's some impressive stats even for this early. How did you manage it?

The biggest contributing factors to our growth and ABP would have to be our neighbors. They have been ever so kind to regularly donate their resources to our cause. And as an added bonus they keep building troops to feed us a steady diet of bp. I would like to take this time to personally thank them for their support. And on being the first to conquest, that credit goes entirely to our seabee Gallen. Those seabees really take their building very seriously.

3. Of the other top ABP alliances, which one catches your eye the most and why?
I would say the Angry Penguins have been very impressive out if the gate with the sheer volume of ABP they have managed to bring in so far. Not sure at whose expense its been at though. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up at that pace.

4. Would you like a biscuit?

Not a big biscuit fan, but will take a scooby snack if you have one!

5. One final question and it's a bit of a strange one. If you could have any one player from any other of the top alliances, who would it be?

Well i heard theres this Mystogan guy who came into this world late who is supposed to be the real deal ;). We would never actively recruit another alliances members but we do listen if they show interest. We do have our eyes on someone though from one of the top alliances who has already inquired about membership into our alliance. He is easily the best player in his alliance. I cant say who for obvious reasons, but you will all know when it happens. [/spr]

I'll be honest, I blushed like tomato in the sun :3

Well then, now it's time for the point of the newspaper where I can either be a real suck up or a real prick. SINK OR SWIM TIME BABY!!!!

Sink or Swim - In the Spotlight

Every issue I will use a random number generator to decide which alliance in the top 30 I will be doing a 'Sink or Swim' review on.

This issues number was '12', meaning the alliance chosen at random was...Numbers and Figures!...

...Oh crap.

Well anyone who has been on these forums already knows about a few of my views on this alliance, but this is going to go much more in depth.

Firstly we'll start with the basic view. 11th in rankings, 2nd in ABP, 14th in DBP.

Overall, not bad. They're showing that they're fairly aggressive, they've got the second highest points average in the top 12, and have around 30 members in total. All in all, not too bad.

However, this is where the good things end and the negative begins.

They currently have an academy in a different ocean, something I find a little...pointless. They're based mostly in O56. I say mostly because for some weird and wonderful reason they have a player in O45 (not in their academy). A fair distance into O45 at that. Why? Their academy is there, they might as well bung this player in with them and save themselves any hassle, then cut their academy off and stick to recruiting in O56, which they barely have a hold of as it is.

Overall I have mixed opinions on this alliance. They certainly have potential there is no denying that. But in my eyes they're really holding themselves back with having an academy, as they're having to focus on two different alliances in two completely different oceans. For now I will say that they will last. Only time will tell how they really cope.

Verdict: Swim...for now.

Colonization Update

PointsOld OwnerNew OwnerOld AllianceNew Alliance
1933ANTIC1GallenThe United CouncilCHIajuana
2910Samantha01co stephenEXCALIBURAngry Penguins
1619Blood-stained SwordDelReyS T A R TCHIajuana
2579yolanda01co stephenHankdog HeroesAngry Penguins
Note: This is purely what was on Grepostats at the time of posting.

With conquests beginning to kick off, it's perfectly clear from here which alliances have come out of the hatch with blood on their minds. CHIajuana claimed the first conquest more than 10 hours before co stephen of Angry Penguins, and have taken another since. However, co stephen's targets are considerably higher in points, making his feat of two conquests in two days all the more impressive. Regardless of that though, these are clearly two alliances who plan to make a mark on this world, and they've started off fairly strongly.

Special Interview

Now it's time for that special interview I mentioned before. Following what must have been a pretty awesome 24 hours for him, I was able to catch up with co stephen of Angry Penguins to talk more about his already good success rate, and about the world and his alliance so far:

[spr]1. Taking two cities in such a short period of time is quite impressive this early on really, especially with both cities being over 2.5k points. Was this a completely or at least a mostly solo feat or was this through the efforts of your alliance as much as yourself?

We help each other in conquering cities. I cleared the troops and when my CS landed they sent me a support such as biremes and dlus to secure the conquest. Conquering high point cities is not that hard when you know the strategy and when your alliance is helping each other.

2. I mentioned in an interview to kid cudi that obviously your alliance shares an island with Patriots. My question to you is will this remain this way for the forseeable future?

I think Patriots is a good alliance but soon I think we will beat them and they will be disbanded.

3. Have you ever gotten to the top of any other world, and did you think you'd achieve it at any point here?

I am always at least top 5 in every other worlds I play with different usernames. And I quit on those servers because of boredom and morale. I am 30%-50% morale on almost every player I will attack. Who will not quit on that lol. And I think I will stick in this server because it has no morale.

4. You're actually ranked 9th on ABP, something that was to be expected really. However you have ABP around the same as a lot of CHIajuana members, a smaller alliance in O44 that also has conquests underway. Are they an alliance that you look forward to taking on, or are you not worried at all by them?

I know the players on that alliance especially DelRey, because he is my ally on older server I played and we quit because of boredom. They are good but I doubt they will get a lot of players that are as good as them so I am not worried about them ^^ And soon I think, my ABP will be at least top 3. I am just keeping my troops for conquest and helping my teammates.

5. Being a part of the Angry Penguins has obviously really helped you in this world to some degree. What can you tell us all about the what the alliance is like on the inside?

We are organize and I think we have a high chance to win this world if we will stick together.

6. A completely random but final question now. What is your favourite animal and why?

I love sharks ^^ because they are strong and agile. They also dominate their food chain.[/spr]

I get the feeling he warmed to me the further along the interview he went although, given how his favourite animal is a shark, I won't be getting too close.

Mystogan's Story Corner

1. EXCALIBUR could be disbanding. This came to light recently after the leader decided to leave Chi. He claims that he's too busy and so cannot lead the alliance adequately. Will anybody step up to take his place?

2. Patriots and Angry Penguins at war? Certainly on the cards from what we've heard from co stephen. With the two alliances so close to each other, this should be an interesting war once things kick off!

3. CHIajuana have been forced to change their name. According to in-game moderators someone made a complaint about the name. CHIajuana have been given 24 hours to change it. Whoever complained, you're either petty or immature. Or you had an addiction and kicked it, in which case good for you.

4. The Black Company to show white flags? There have been rumours that, following clashes with CHIajuana, The Black Company are going to step back and show the white flags. Is this a display of anti-discrimination, or will they actually give up? Or is this all a ruse to set up a massive war in O44?

That's all folks!

Unfortunately that's it for this issue. I'd have loved to have been able to add more but with only a few alliances really doing anything right now it's been difficult. However there is something I'd like to do for the next issue. Obviously there's one person I can't interview, and that's myself (although that could be entertaining...for me at least). So I'd like for you guys to send me questions to answer in the next issue. Any questions at all, and I will try my best to answer them to my full ability.

Please leave all thoughts and/or questions below. Happy hunting and see you next issue!

DeletedUser

i wonder who CHIajuana may be recruiting, that will be interesting!
Thank you this was great!

DeletedUser5088

StephenCo, Co Stephen. hmmmm I wonder :\ *cough* Multi account *cough*

Also I am glad that Chiajuana is changing their name. I hated it.

DeletedUser

Great read, Mysto - very tongue-in-cheek. Like the WSJ with a pinch of TMZ to spice it up. Looking forward to the next issue.

DeletedUser7307

hey charl before you accuse people of multi accounting its his brother actually so nice try

DeletedUser5088

A brother with almost the same name :\

Why isn't his brother in AP?

DeletedUser7307

I have no idea its his brothers decision, charl instead of talking in the forum you got some catching up to do. Get some abp while your at it.

DeletedUser5088

I have my own duties in the alliance instead of going bp huntin.

DeletedUser

i wonder who CHIajuana may be recruiting, that will be interesting!
Thank you this was great!

I'm as curious as you are. I couldn't get anything more out of them about it XD

Glad you liked it =]

Great read, Mysto - very tongue-in-cheek. Like the WSJ with a pinch of TMZ to spice it up. Looking forward to the next issue.

Well I wanted a somewhat serious paper but with my usual kind of attitude towards it so as to keep it interesting. I'm happy with the way it turned out really. Glad you liked it =] Next issue will be out in approximately 2 weeks time (either Sunday 8th or Monday 9th of December)

charl instead of talking in the forum you got some catching up to do. Get some abp while your at it.

I was once told that the majority of people who talk a lot on the forums are those who are generally not so good in-game. If this is the case you might as well leave charl to do his thing and take advantage of it in-game :p

DeletedUser5088

I was once told that the majority of people who talk a lot on the forums are those who are generally not so good in-game. If this is the case you might as well leave charl to do his thing and take advantage of it in-game :p

Umm I have more points and bp than you so...... :s

Other than that good job on the newspaper :)

DeletedUser

Umm I have more points and bp than you so...... :s

Other than that good job on the newspaper :)

I come out of BP in an hour, not difficult :p besides, I was trying to get him off your back hahaha!

Thanks =] glad you liked it and I hope you read the next issue.

DeletedUser5088

Well good luck. I tried to do this in Sigma and know how hard it is to get people to interview :)

DeletedUser

Hmmm I wonder who CHIajuana might be getting in their alliance.... hmm.. hmm...hmmm :p

Anyway, very well made newspaper Myst! Gimme more!

~Torgaddon

DeletedUser6486

haha, co stephen is pretty funny :p that answer to question 2 cracked me up
anyway good job myst