new city on different island

DeletedUser8548

there is an island near me which is one where farming villages are. it has open spots where you can invite friends but i cant start a city there, at what point can you begin a city on a new island? if it has farming villages does it have to have new players on it for an existing member to expand there?

DeletedUser

In general you should be able to click on that blank spot and colonize. So I can gather some more information what world do you play on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8548

i am in world iota, i am on island 164352, and i want to establish a city on island 164339

DeletedUser8548

not sure what you mean by slot, i had 1 out of 2 cities, so yes i could build a city and i had a colony ship. instead of the black flag being there that would signify you can colonize it had a shaded out city, where you can invite other players to it but you yourself cant settle it, why is that?

DeletedUser5088

not sure what you mean by slot, i had 1 out of 2 cities, so yes i could build a city and i had a colony ship. instead of the black flag being there that would signify you can colonize it had a shaded out city, where you can invite other players to it but you yourself cant settle it, why is that?

you have to wait until later in the world for archor points of colonization to be on islands with Farming Villages

DeletedUser8548

it was my second city, yes i had a slot for another city, and a colony ship ready to go

DeletedUser

I dont know if I understand what your are asking, but you must wait for other players to ghost for new anchor points on farm village islands to appear.

DeletedUser

Anchor points are opened up in the world Iota. There is no specific threshold that I am aware of, they are just not available in new worlds until a city ghosts, but that is one of the older worlds.

Only specific anchor points may be colonized and they look like this:
OloQlNI.png

If the anchor point looks anything like the one below you may only invite friends to join here:
jUSbUNp.png

Notice the difference, the anchor point that has a flag with an axe next to it may be colonized. Please look for one of those anchor points and report back. Sorry for the delayed reply.

DeletedUser8548

well i know that only at where there are flags (didnt know the jargon for new citiy areas were called anchor points) was where you can colonize but at waht point does an island allow for colonization instead of just ones where new cities appear? so far only anchor points on the second picture are on the island, when will those points change into ones like the top picture?

DeletedUser

One will appear if another city on that island ghosts and deteriorates below 175 points , which might take a while.

Edit: A city will deteriorate at a certain rate each day until it is 175 points.

DeletedUser8548

well theres no cities on the island at all, thanks for the help tho.