Naxos: A Newspaper

DeletedUser

εφημερίδα​
What You've Missed:​
It's the beginning of the world and fresh out of BP, you haven't missed much.
It's my first time on US forums - I'm not sure how I'm liking the spoiler format - may change that up if there is a next time!

On This Issue:
War Stats
Interviews
Opinions
Trash Talking
Other

War Stats
No confirmed wars at this time.
BP RANKINGS
1. Peaceful Pioneers
ABP rank: 1
DBP rank: 2
2. The Laughing Coffin
ABP rank: 2
DBP rank: 10
3. Havoc
ABP rank: 3
DBP rank: 5
4. Ascesion
ABP rank: 5
DBP rank: 1
5. Dragon Slayers
ABP rank: 4
DBP rank: 4
6. Sea Wolves
ABP rank: 6
DBP rank: 9
7. Philosopher Kings
ABP rank: 8
DBP rank: 8
8. Reboot Naxos
ABP rank: 7
DBP rank: 12
9. Poison
ABP rank: 9
DBP rank: 13
10. Divide et Impera
ABP rank: 10
DBP rank: 6
11. Kaotic Odyssey
ABP rank: 18
DBP rank: 3
12. TOXIC
ABP rank: 11
DBP rank: 11

Interviews
Teacher317 of Dragon Slayers
[spr]
Any explanation to your name?
My teammate came up with it.
Is your alliance a premade?
Yes, a pre-made of 2. My friend and I knew we would join the world together and make an Alliance to get the bonus points.
Are there any alliances you see as potential threats/allies?
Ascesion and PP
Any predictions going into the first week out of beginners protection?
The kids will attack randomly and wildly, peter out, and then get eaten by the mature killers
How long have you been playing Grepolis?
3 months
Is this your first time leading/being a diplomat of an alliance? If not, what other alliances have you worked with?
Yes.
Why Naxos?
It was starting up when I was ready to get back to Grepolis.
[/spr]
Alois Val Zima of Winter Hegemony
[spr]
As a writer, one of the societies I have created is the Winter Hegemony whom, according to my fiction, were an imperialistic military state lead by a Caste of albinos whom were seen as pure and super-human for their genetic rarity and apparent-camaufloge with the snowy environment of the Siberian Far East, making them worshiped. Their hegemony over Euraisa lasted a thousand years before their extintcion and downfall, but many of the contemporary countries adopted their philosophy of adapting and Social Darwinism, and one woman descended from "Izmenti Zima" (the founder of the hegemony) recreated it from scratch in the ancestral capital of Yakutsk/Winterheim.
My Hegemony is meant to emulate that and also be a personal declaration of a sworn oath to make become a true Hegemon of Grepolis. After all this is a pretty fun place to role-play that fiction.

If by premade you mean planned ahead, sort of. I planned the structure and design but my members are all new faces to me, and I am happy to say I have more than a few good people.
Now that is a big question...Well, besides the Republic of the Gods and United Athenians, I expect to reserve judgment before claiming true allies. However, the threats are mysterious. I expect Divide et Impera and Ascention to be largely MRAs, but still agressive and therefore a threat.
I expect there will be a lot of policking--mergers and pacts, plus some NAPs. Some MRAs will probably fall before wars even begin, while others will over-reach and destroy themselves, all the while real alliances and warlords will take the limelight and vie for hegemony.
I used to be in Pandoisa for a month before my alliance's founders decided to submit to an aggressor. I stopped playing and waited for a new world to open after that, promising to myself I would not repeat their mistakes and would never surrender and build an alliance worth fighting for.
Is this your first time leading/being a diplomat of an alliance? If not, what other alliances have you worked with?
Back in Pandosia I served the Enclave as their "Minister of Foreign Affairs". I did well, they wound up with a lethal coalition of allies before I left them after a political dispute. Now I am a "Hegemon", an alliance dictator, and I must say the shape of the game is totally different, now I must make the hard choices and delegate wisely, while politicking with new faces.
Why Naxos?
It is new, and offered me a chance to lead that alliance that never existed in Pandosia: one with an enlightened dictator, loyal marshals, clever ministers and no infighting whatsoever.
[/spr]
Kuriants of Peaceful Pioneers
[spr]
Peaceful Pioneers its simple.
yes
No, there are no threats to our alliance
PP will take over ocean 54, and lay waste to everyone who stands in our path.
Since EN3 Gamma, around 2010/2011
I have lead several alliances since EN3 Gamma.
[/spr]
Claird of The Coming of Oblivion
[spr]
The part, Oblivion is adapted from a videogame where The Planes of Oblivion is similar to Mount Olympus with worshipping different God-like-beings for different things. If you want more of a definition type answer, Coming can mean "to proceed or progress". Oblivion can mean "the condition of being forgotten". So, our name means "Progressing the condition of being forgotten".
Sort of, a small group of us play on Marathon together and decided to come to this world when it opened.
Not as of yet. Maybe once bp is completely over we will know.
For a while now, I wouldn't say I'm a vet at the game, but I am no noob either.
No, this is not my first. If not, what other alliances have you led/handled diplomatic issues for? The lastest ones I have lead was on Juktas. We were called Coming Soon. The other one is on Marathon and we call ourselves The Blight of Oblivion.
Why Naxos?
The question should be "Why not Naxos".
[/spr]

Opinions
Random Questions​
Why don't snakes have armpits?
TheApexPredator
[spr]No clue, in middle management not biology. I would go out on a limb and say it's because they don't have arms, but that's pure speculation.[/spr]
Acupuncture
[spr]Because its majestic curves makes them obsolete[/spr]
Teacher317c
[spr]they evolved without them because they don't have pockets for deodorant. Duh.[/spr]
ScarlettWinters
[spr]They do, they are under their feet.[/spr]
If a police operator has a heart attack, who does she call?
Claird
[spr]Herself, lol[/spr]
TheApexPredator
Ghostbusters? [spr]Apex, meet Scarlett. Scarlett, meet Apex.[/spr][/spr]
Acupuncture
[spr]A colleague with a defibrillator.[/spr]
Teacher317c
[spr]Her doctor.[/spr]
Weeblezot
[spr]911[/spr]
ScarlettWinters
[spr]Ghostbusters...you always call Ghostbusters[/spr]
If the #2 pencil is most popular, why is it still #2?
Clarid
[spr]LMAO, good one! On a serious level, the number on a pencil determines the size and color of the lead.[/spr]
ScarlettWinters
[spr]Because just like the bathroom...#2 is always better. Just what I've heard... girls don't do that sort of thing.[/spr]
TheApexPredator
[spr]Because I'm #1[spr]Literally. He was #1 at the time of this interview.[/spr][/spr]
Acupuncture
[spr]Because that's how marketing works: every object is popular.[/spr]
Teacher317c
[spr]Because 2 girlfriends is always better than one.[/spr]
[spr]Weeblezot
[spr]#2 is the size[/spr]
Grepolis Questions​
What is your opinion of the "new" goddess in this world - Artemis?
Weeblezot
[spr]Well, seems like a good goddess to worship for a support/offensive city, looking forward to seeing boars face against manticores, and building some griffins.[/spr]
ScarlettWinters
[spr]She's pretty...not really my type though. :) JK! I think she will be awesome to have. It's still early in the game so I haven't had the chance to use her yet... but her perks will be helpful.[/spr]
U2R1
[spr]Artemis has her uses I like the Nature's gift for new city building, the market is always flooded with trades for Rock,[/spr]
Alois Val Zima
[spr]Let's just say she's going to be a lot of fun...;-)[/spr]
Acupuncture
[spr]Seems to add more depth and strategy to the game, especially the spell to cancel any spells such as "City Protection" to allow you to slip an earthquake in - and so on.[/spr]
Teacher317c
[spr]She's hot. Illusion will be very useful.[/spr]
TheApexPredator
[spr]Seems legit, checking her out.[/spr]
If you've had the chance to look at any of the "new" researches available, which one are you looking forward to most? Or do you think they are all useless?
ScarlettWinters
[spr]There are definitely some good ones! I like the battle experience... more BP is always good. It will also be helpful to have a faster CS as well as mythical perks. Out of all of them...Stone Hail seems the most useless to me. Just use a lightning bolt. [/spr]
Acupuncture
[spr]Stone Hail. Nothing says "I love you" more than shooting down random buildings.[/spr]
TheApexPredator
[spr]I think they'll all serve their purpose, except strong wine and divine selection...they seem pretty worthless.[/spr]
Claird
[spr]There are a few that I think are useless but there are some that will come in real handy in the game. I like the idea of stealing favor, considering you have multiple cities with some that have the same god and they share favor, it will come in handy. I'm not sure about the strong sail for the colony ship though.[/spr]
Weeblezot
[spr]I don't know what to expect from that research, my academy isn't leveled high enough.[/spr]
U2R1
[spr]Researches I would think Battle experience offers the a long term benefit especially for big battles with 50 cities or more involved, sending 4k LS Nukes for example to bust a large Bireme wall,[/spr]
Teacher317
[spr]Catapults damaging buildings only makes more work for me after taking over.[/spr]
Alois Val Zima
[spr]Meh, a little spice, but it's not the tech that make Grepolis, it's the politics and war, combined with that feeling of leading a worthy cause and making ambitions a reality.[/spr]
Miscellaneous Answers to Entire Interview Proposal​
DeadLockRahl420
[spr]i have a survey for you. send me random mails like this to check online times again and ill (improper language omitted) eat you.[spr]ME: Mate I don't spend 5 hours sending interviews to people 5 hours away by transport so that I can get online times which I can find on grepointel anyways....

I actually think I will love to include that response though, if I may?[/spr][spr]HIM:blah balh blah[/spr][/spr]

TRASH TALKING
Teacher317c
[spr]You numbered the questions 1, 2, 3, and 8. No smack talk needed. Clearly, you are dealing with learning disabilities, and ridiculing the disadvantaged just isn't cool.[spr]I was just trying to see who was catching on.... yeah.... that's it..[/spr][/spr]
Clarid
[spr]No, I don't start trash talk but I will finish it if it is about my alliance. [/spr]
No other obvious cat fights/forum fights at this time.​

Competitions
RANDOM NOT-ANCIENT-GREEK-AT-ALL COMPETITION
pick a number 1-50. If you get it right, I'll give you (1) happiness spell. ONE PERSON PER NUMBER. sorry it's not that great it's the beginning of the game.​

comments, questions, criticism, political manifestos? I want to know what you want to know! Want to input something or want to be interviewed? Message me in game, and I'll see what I can do! Have a top 12 you want to put on this because I'm way too lazy to do it? I'll even give you credit and let you have TWO number locations in the contest. Pls?Want me to never write again? PM me. If you're convincing I will never post anything on the forums ever again.

DeletedUser

Not a fan of the spoiler system just cause it's kind of a pain on the ipad-36

DeletedUser3109

21, Unless it is MJ # 23 but 21 is my guess. nice paper btw.

DeletedUser9493

I agree with everyone, it is a nice paper. I hope you do another one. I will take number 19, Thank you!!

DeletedUser

LOVE IT! I cannot wait to see the next Naxos issue! I am SO dying over this! Agggghhhh! Mwaaaa! Lel.

Seriously though, I love it.

DeletedUser

gagahagagagagap. Agggggghhhhh! Mwaaaa! Lel.

I have combined the two best laughs so far on Naxos. You're welcome world.

DeletedUser

No, just going crazy like some fan-girl at a Justin Bieber Concert lel :p