Militia and how long we can keep them. Proposed Change.

DeletedUser

I am proposing that we allow (force) the Militia to stay until we release them. Read why and how below...

Correct me if I am wrong, but we currently can call the Militia and only keep them for 3 hours. While we have the Militia we are punished by having 50% less production. I read this information here http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Militia

Here is the issue. Let us imagine a situation where another city (or cities) is keeping a close eye on you, just waiting to conquer you. This city (or cities) has already attacked you once and you caught them sending a spy, etc.. They obviously have it out for you and want to conquer your city at all costs.

So we have this situation as mentioned above. Now imagine that you HAVE TO GO TO SLEEP! haha. Yes, sometimes people have to sleep, and we usually sleep FOR MORE THAN THREE HOURS (unless you are playing Grepolis of course) haha. Three hours is all the protection you currently have from the Militia (Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight.)

Ok, so all kidding aside, I am proposing that we allow (force) the Militia to stay until we release them.

Firstly, It is our Militia and if we are being punished for having a Militia should we not be allowed to decide when that punishment ends?

Secondly, If we must be away for a while when we know there is impending doom should we not be allowed to protect ourselves while incurring a cost of - 50% production? If we are going to be conquered we should be allowed to go down fighting.

Lastly, currently, conquering a city is WAY TOO EASY( If you got to the server earlier than the other guy you WIN). We invest a LOT of time(and sometimes real money) into building a city and a LOT of people just quit the game once they are conquered. Don't you want to keep people playing the game and buying that GOLD? To be honest, after spending all that time and money on something just to see it vanish is pretty heartbreaking, so why bother starting over just to have it happen again with no real chance to defend yourself? At least having full control over your Militia gives you a fighting chance (While you are at work/sleep, etc...)

So here is how to implement it. Instead of having a built in timer, you just have an ON/OFF switch for the Militia.

Simple, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but:
1)Attackers will rarely use it
2)The idea is for noobs
3)The Attacker won't like the idea that they have to wait until you release the militia (because their attacks are useless because their is a guard in defenders city)

DeletedUser2039

I agree with Lord Langeon above...Grepolis favors the defense SO much. Alliances are also available to support you while you're at work or asleep (mine really never sleeps and is always available to support), so get into a good one. I don't think this games needs to further the defense more than it already does, so leave it the same. It will only benefit the players that are inexperienced and don't spend the gold anyway.

DeletedUser

Figuring out your opponents offline times is a big part of the game, maybe less of an issue here given that this is dedicated country server.

I think that the militia is good as it is, it adds some tactics to the game. Otherwise players would jsut constantly have militia on once their cities are fully developed.

DeletedUser2498

i can see both sides of this one. you might be able to have a cut off point in your city's development at which point you could no longer activate it indefinitely to keep people with fully developed cities from abusing it.