Lost all mythical units! ***??

DeletedUser

This is simply outrageous! I can accept that you lose favor when switching gods.

I cannot accept the fact that I lost ALL of the mythical units which cost me over 700 favor and 15.000 resources to recruit them!!

Why should mythical units disappear if not lost in a battle?

Admins please respond and fix this now! :mad:

DeletedUser

Fix? There is nothing to fix, that's how the game works. Mythical units can only be used in a city which corresponds to their god.
You should have checked out the wiki or at least asked before changing a God.

Gods

~T.

DeletedUser

Ok you're right! Because I simply could NEVER imagine (who would?) that irrational aspect of the game, it means that this makes sense just because ''it's in the rules''?...

Try to give a logical aspect to the game instead of trying to impose absurd and reason less norms to a, in other terms, nice game.

Oh! And if you really want to improve the game and attract more players (customers) to it, try to be a bit flexible with your rules and a little bit less cynical to your existing customers.

DeletedUser5088

Ok you're right! Because I simply could NEVER imagine (who would?) that irrational aspect of the game, it means that this makes sense just because ''it's in the rules''?...

Try to give a logical aspect to the game instead of trying to impose absurd and reason less norms to a, in other terms, nice game.

Oh! And if you really want to improve the game and attract more players (customers) to it, try to be a bit flexible with your rules and a little bit less cynical to your existing customers.

What's irrational about it? Hera can't support Cyclops duh.

DeletedUser

lol my rules? I don't work for Innogames nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I'm a player.

But I can safely say this aspect of the game will not be changed any time soon.
Here are the reasons why:

1) This has been in the game for years.. There's never been any complaints about it nor has it diminished the gameplay.

2) If changed, it will unbalance the game. Imagine a city filled with hundreds of all kinds of mythical units... It would be impossible to penetrate. Hence - not gonna happen.

3) This aspect of the game is actually completely logical. Imagine, if you please, that we are in a world of Gods and war. Every God can command its own divine creatures. And this is where the problem arises - how is Zeus going to command Hades' creatures? Those are beings created for the purpose of serving their creator. Hence, any other God would not be able to maintain them.

4) Grepolis would lose a big part of its unique gameplay if this changes. It increases the strategic value when you need to think about what Gods to choose and what creatures to build in certain cities. If you can build all kinds of creatures in any city why would they belong to particular Gods at all? Just make the mythical creatures a separate unit type and that's it. Which would, like I said, take away from an important aspect of the game and make the gameplay more simplistic and boring.

I don't think I need to list any other reasons.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have luck in your future endeavors in Grepolis!

~Torgaddon

DeletedUser6919

Agree with Torgaddon 100%.

In addition to their answer I would like to point out that when you go to change gods in your temple it says:

Are you sure that you want to change the god in this city?
This has the following effects:
You will lose all of this city's mythical units except divine envoys.
All construction orders for mythical units still in the construction queue will be canceled. You will receive 50% of the resources back.
All mythical units supporting you are returning with all troops to their native city.
You will lose your entire favor with *****

Innogames did clearly explain what would happen if you changed gods. So you can't really be mad at them

DeletedUser

Agree with Torgaddon 100%.

In addition to their answer I would like to point out that when you go to change gods in your temple it says:

Are you sure that you want to change the god in this city?
This has the following effects:
You will lose all of this city's mythical units except divine envoys.
All construction orders for mythical units still in the construction queue will be canceled. You will receive 50% of the resources back.
All mythical units supporting you are returning with all troops to their native city.
You will lose your entire favor with *****

Innogames did clearly explain what would happen if you changed gods. So you can't really be mad at them

Yeah, I forgot to add that. :p

DeletedUser

Anyway I do accept all your reasons and didn't realize you're a player so sorry for the tone...

But still think of the game as strength of players. Don't involve mythical units for a sec. Would it be fair to SPEND a lot resources and favour to build up an army that automatically disappears when you change God? Isn't the strength of one player affected? This is why I say it's irrational... Cause everyone SPENDS something to built up his army with or without mythical units. And this is the only reason I think it's unfair to just vanish them from a player's army...

DeletedUser

Anyway I do accept all your reasons and didn't realize you're a player so sorry for the tone...

But still think of the game as strength of players. Don't involve mythical units for a sec. Would it be fair to SPEND a lot resources and favour to build up an army that automatically disappears when you change God? Isn't the strength of one player affected? This is why I say it's irrational... Cause everyone SPENDS something to built up his army with or without mythical units. And this is the only reason I think it's unfair to just vanish them from a player's army...

It sucks when it happens, sure. I wouldn't call it unfair though. Like I said, it increases the strategic value. You have to think about your cities before building them, which is awesome in my opinion.

DeletedUser6486

I think it's fine because before switching gods they give you a warning

DeletedUser6919

I didn't realize the app didn't give a warning when changing, so maybe something could be done to make that clearer. So I can understand the frustration. However to me it makes perfect sense that the myths would be lost. Reason three given by Tordaggon is the way that I view it. If you switched from Hera to Zues. Zues couldn't control her myths. So harpies would not attack on his command and Medusas would not defend your city for him. So if they didn't die and you couldn't use them, they would eat into your population and would be useless.