DeletedUser

Okay it's not really a bug, but something I think Grepolis could make an improvement on. Not to mention newer and/or computer illiterate types may view it as a legitimate bug.

I've noticed between my normal usage at home or frequent trips abroad that the Grepolis logon wouldn't always recognize my username and would deny my entrance to the game. This of course is due to the Server in use, whether it be US, EN, etc... Now, most of us who are smart know to check or even already have the proper server bookmarked for use. However, some may not. What's more is I've seen that type of question appear in my in game Alliance forum on a frequent basis. For me it's a minor laughable moment when I realize that I tried to log onto the wrong server, but to others it is a maddening experience when they can't log onto a game they think should work.

The easiest fix is just to do what any other game does when it deals with multiple servers. The servers should be able to communicate with the other servers if it can't find the Username/Password combination on it's own server. If it finds a match on another server, the player is then redirected and automatically logged onto the game. Alternatively, you could simply merge the logons onto a single Grepolis Logon screen and from there it disperses players to the proper Servers.

Boom, this kind of work takes a little bit of code time, a little bit of compatibility testing between the servers, and then it gets included in the next scheduled update/patch to the servers.

Last edited by a moderator: