In-Game Alliance Forum

DeletedUser

As a member of an alliance, I like to follow all discussions/threads in the alliance forum. It would be a time saver if the order of posts/replies was reversed to the most recent came first. It's a pain to always have to go the the last page and scroll to the bottom everytime there's a new reply.

I realize others may not agree with me, and perhaps an even better option would be to offer a choice to either each player, or the alliance leader to set the order for the alliance forum section.

Just a thought....

DeletedUser

How exactly would this work? I currently like the way it is :-D

DeletedUser

I just realized this should have been posted to Forum>Announcements>Grepolis United - Updates and Discussion>Ideas. Could someone please move it there?

DeletedUser

Everything would stay the same, only the order of posts would be reversed so the latest/newest replies would be at the top.

That's actually how it is, when someone makes a new post, it appears on the first page.

DeletedUser271

That's actually how it is, when someone makes a new post, it appears on the first page.

No it is not, at least for me. You must have something wrong :x

And if you want to directly go to the mast post of a thread, just click on the arrow on the left side of the alliance forum window, right under the name of the last player that posted. ;-)

DeletedUser

Oh, you mean an individual post.. I thought he meant like if someone posted, that thread would appear first.
I do think if someone makes a post and it is unread by you, you can go to first unread post (like on here) it'd make it easier to go through the post rather than finding one that seems unfamiliar.

DeletedUser6919

The forums primary use is for players to ask for help. Whether it's a request to clear a city, for support for incoming attack or for spells or res. The top post should say what help is needed, where and when. So I think this should always be the first post displayed. Scrolling through a few threads while talking will cause no damage. Having the top post pushed to the back page, may cause requests to get missed and could cost someone their city.

I think the arrow option suggested by Kyllman may be a good solution however leaving the current order as default then an arrow to change order.

DeletedUser

In the individual forums they always have the thread where the first post is unread or a new thread is unread :)

DeletedUser

No it is not, at least for me. You must have something wrong :x

And if you want to directly go to the mast post of a thread, just click on the arrow on the left side of the alliance forum window, right under the name of the last player that posted. ;-)

Awesome Kyllmen! I never even saw that little arrow until now. That does exactly what I need. I don't think anyone else here understood what I explained.

Interesting point: After 12 hours of making my first post in this forum, I received 13 spam messages in my game inbox! I never expected to get spam mail in-game!!!

DeletedUser

The other alternative to having the developers work harder at making the in game forums easier to navigate for you, is that a few forum moderators be put in place in your hierarchy. MissChievousPixie, I disagree that forums are mainly for asking for help, perhaps we have different game styles or whatever, but if their weren't a lot more than that going on in the internal forum, I think I'd be finding another alliance.

DeletedUser

Alliance

This might have already been asked but im having trouble joining alliances. It might be a bug but I can seem to join an alliance. Any suggestions?

If anyone reads this I was also wondering Can I join two worlds at once? same name and same email just different worlds?

Thanks and best of luck to all.

DeletedUser6486

This might have already been asked but im having trouble joining alliances. It might be a bug but I can seem to join an alliance. Any suggestions?

If anyone reads this I was also wondering Can I join two worlds at once? same name and same email just different worlds?

Thanks and best of luck to all.
you have to be invited first, and yes you can play on multiple worlds at once