How Would Troops React Under The Following Scenarios ?

DeletedUser7629

Now that I understand the game a lot more and how each troop's stats is and works - I have some slightly more in depth questions about what would be best (scenario 1), and how they react if (scenarios 2 and 3).

1 - Besides actual “Full Dodging” (with everything you got to completely “dodge a attack”). Besides that, WHAT about on the other hand, if you want to take a stand, is it best to actually still dodge with only your offensive units and let the defensive units handle the attack ? Considering a attack is a attack, so why have attacking units there ? Seemingly they will not preform as well as they could and you’ll just be losing more than you need without any real benefits. ??Or no does the game make different odds for your offensive troops since they're in your city ??

2 - With #2 in mind, supposing it is indeed better to always dodge with your offensive units, lets now say the incoming attack was a CS attack that you dodged ONLY offensive troops with (like my idea above). And now lets say the CS landed and your under siege, and of course now you want to "recall your troops" back to your city. I want to know, once them offensive troops you dodged with get recalled back to the city, do them troops you recalled automatically “attack” upon their return ? Or no, do you have to actually “attack” from another city to attack the siege or already have had your offensive troops in the city for them to officially “attack” (therefore making my idea to dodge only offensive troops a bad idea cause they won’t attack when they return)?

3 - Similar question as #3, but flipped a little. Suppose you have Defensive units from your city, but away somewhere else. You recall them,,,, BUT before they get there, you got attacked by a CS that successfully lands… Now how do them troops show up as ?(defense support ? Or Attack?) Cause technically, they were not sent as “support”, nor “attack”, so what happens ? They are defensive units though, so hopefully they come back as defensive support, BUT whats confusing me, is now understanding the game, since these defense troops are arriving AFTER the CS lands, I am wondering if they show up "attacking" and since they are defensive units, they would not do good at all. lol.

Thanks in advance for your answers -

DeletedUser257

1. If you are in a conquest world, it is better to send your offensive units away and land them right after the CS so they will work to their strength (attacking and not defending).
2. You have to recall before the CS lands. If the CS lands and the offensive units are not coming back, you will need the person who is holding the troops to send them back for you. When recalled back to the city, yes, the troops will attack the CS not support.
3. When you recall the support, it will show as support returning. When the CS lands in your city, on the troop movements, it will show as support incoming to the city but when it lands, it will attack the CS.

DeletedUser7629

1. If you are in a conquest world, it is better to send your offensive units away and land them right after the CS so they will work to their strength (attacking and not defending).
2. You have to recall before the CS lands. If the CS lands and the offensive units are not coming back, you will need the person who is holding the troops to send them back for you. When recalled back to the city, yes, the troops will attack the CS not support.
3. When you recall the support, it will show as support returning. When the CS lands in your city, on the troop movements, it will show as support incoming to the city but when it lands, it will attack the CS.

1 - Thanks, great info - - I figured so, but wanted to make sure. And yes, sorry I didn't specify, but all this is indicative of a Conquest world. BUT now you got me curious, what if in a Revolt world ? Does this not apply now ? If not, then how so exactly ? Also, (back to Conquest world) does this also apply if no CS is coming ? In general, just don't ever have offensive units there if your being attacked ? (in a Conquest world).

2 - OK, thanks for this knowledge, it is very helpful. BTW, I never knew that one part about once the CS lands you are no longer allowed to "withdraw" your troops from other cities ? Am I reading into that right ? What does it do, just grey out the little arrow so you can recall them no more once your under siege ?

3 - GREAT to know ! I was hoping so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser298

Actually, now that they added an update, it is possible to return your units while under siege, providing you have at least 1 other city. First off, support the city of your choice, then let the cs land, then go in the view of your city which is not being banned, go to the city which you sent support to, click on the support button (as if you were sending support to that city, not the Daedalus one), and there is a button with your troops present in the city, click it and you can return them home. HOWEVER, don't do this, do everything bobdude said as he is my Lord. Support them, then recall them and make them come back a couple seconds after the cs lands.

And to finish off #2 ( I'm too lazy for #1), when you have a cs in your city if you go in that city's view you will have a window saying your city is conquered, and you can't do anything really except read alliance forums and check rankings, you'll have to change city views to do otherwise.

DeletedUser7629

Ok, next related question:

Even though you not suppose to, lets just suppose you have a mixed group of land troops and navy units (offense and defense) in your city. Your away and can't dodge or nothing. In comes a attack.

Does the game put your defense first at least and once they get wiped out, then the attack attacks your offense ? Or is it just a jumbled mess of random "this guy meets that guy" calculations ?

DeletedUser6486

pretty sure it's the second one, defensive troops don't necessarily "go first"