How Does Seastorm Work

Kariella

Hoplite
I am sure this has been asked and answered but I cant find it :( plus the post could be outdated...

The description of Seastorm is Destroys 10--30% of the targeted ships

That said is there a combination of ships either based on amount of type of ships that can prevent or make less likely the chance that a CS you send out will be destroyed by Seastorm...

And yes, I always spell the CS waves... but some people have favor to burn on Purification...
Thanks...

DeletedUser

i believe the CS should be safe if it takes up more than 30% of the pop so you could have about 390 pop additional ships or less and the CS would be safe.

DeletedUser1048

What Joe said. So that means 39 LS or any combo of LS or birs with the CS. Of course the downside is it is easier to snipe. I guess you could send enough boats too where the CS is less than 10%, and just hope they don't purify and seastorm twice. But for the CS to be less than 10% you would be low on OLU and DLU.

DeletedUser12822

I've always felt it's more important to land with the CS than to prevent a backsnipe with DLUs and Birs, so I mostly use LS, Tris, and OLUS.

DeletedUser

i do not think having the CS be less than 10% would work because it would just kill additional ships to get to 10%
and i also think you could send 2 CS in one attack to make sure one of the CS lands

DeletedUser11525

Of course, the spell description and the implementation seem to be out of sync.

The description says 10-30% of targeted ships, but the actual implementation looks at the pop value of the ships. These are very different. The description implies that the spell should be randomly sinking between 10 and 30% of the ships sent (maybe excluding transports, but it doesn't say that either), regardless of what they are. So if I send 39 LS and 1 CS, and the spell picks 10%, the CS should have an effective 2.5% chance of being killed, and not automatically safe.

Kariella

Hoplite
Thanks all... btw I forgot to mention Revolt server... I wrote this up to post how does this sound...

How to protect your CS from Seastorm

Description - Seastorm destroys 10-30% of the targeted ships.

However this is not based on ship count it is based on population count of all non-transport ships sent. To clarify, Seastorm can only destroy LS, BR, TR, CS.

So for example if you sent a CS wave with 39 LS in it and 1 CS that would be a total population of ships of 560 (LS have a population value of 10 and the CS a population value of 170, so (39*10)+(1*170)=560) and assuming the max hit of 30%, then 560 pop * .3 = 168 population of ships destroyed. That means that at max effect, the seastorm can kill 168 population worth of ships.

Note: Seastorm can only kill whole ships not partial ships. Also it must kill a minimum of 10% but no more than a maximum of 30%.

So based on a ship population of 560 and a 30% hit Seastorm could kill 168 population worth of ships. Since the population value of a CS is 170, the CS is safe from the Seastorm attack.

Kariella

Hoplite
One last Sea Storm question and sorry for the double post...

How many times can a person purify your wave and cast Sea Storm on you?

DeletedUser12822

There's probably not a limit, unless all the harbor troops are gone. I myself have used Sea Storm on a CS attack 6 times.