How do you get around a good snipe player

DeletedUser

If a player does a good job at sniping is there any way to get around him? I have tried several ideas but nothing works and I lose my CS every time.

DeletedUser

1. No one is that good that he can snipe 100% of all the CS send at him, if you do not leave him a 10 second window everytime. So you can try to be persisting :)

2. This depends on whether you are fighting against an offensive or defensiv sniper. I have read the term "Spike" used in relation to Birems or DLUs send before the CS.

If this is your problem, you might want to try and send a second CS after the first. But with a shorter Travel Time so that it hits first! All the attacks from you after this are just visiting the town, and no harm will be done to your CS.

Example: You send a CS to hit at 20:00:00. You send out all your normal attacks and supports, but tell your fellow team players to not attack after 19:59:40 (Or maybe 19:59:35). Then you send your second CS at 19:59:50 and the anti timer rule will put you somewhere before your first CS and after the attacks. All your attacks after that will only visit the city. And any support your opponent has send to his city will support your CS then. Except the troops from the city itself, but hopefully your CS can handle the DLUs or Birems.

I only hope this was not to complicatet :(

If your opponent kills your CS offensivly all the time, work on your timing skills and try to stack the city within 1-2 seconds.

Anything still unclear here?

DeletedUser9351

I agree with Bayaz. To the point Bayaz made on working on timing - I think that's the real answer. The way you beat a player who is a great defensive sniper - is to become an equally good offensive sniper.

Basically make sure you and your alliance mates, within a couple of seconds of CS landing, land enough offense to clear out whatever he's stacking in at the last few seconds.

DeletedUser10111

Timing and force. Multiple colony ships can also help. Leave even a 5 second window and a skilled sniper will nail you every time. As for force, send several Ls (light ships) and Olu (offensive land units) nukes with all colony ships and if you time it correct and close you will have a chance to catch his defense after the first or second snipes. It takes practice and you will fail more then you succeed, However you only have to win once while your enemy must be successful on all attempts. The fallowing links may help as I do not know what level of gameplay your at. Best of luck!

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Guide:_The_Big_Attack_Guide

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/The_Battle_System

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10048

If a player does a good job at sniping is there any way to get around him? I have tried several ideas but nothing works and I lose my CS every time.

Patience & catching them offline.

DeletedUser11481

I actually got around a good sniper on Rhethy by simply getting a CS in one of my DLU nuke towns. His slingers hit my swords - I won. Not exactly an elegant solution... but it worked in my case.

Kariella

Hoplite
I send multiple CS... and I mean 3-5 CS Ships... they can get real accurate snipes by sending out troops and recalling them... but each CS they need to defeat they lose troops... so usually after the 2nd or 3rd... they don't have enough troops left to defeat your CS wave... with troops from that city...

if they are sniping from other cities then they need to deal with the anti-timer and unless they are cheating... eventually the anti-timer will get them...

also you don't mention if your revolt or conquest server... revolt server this works even better as they cant O-Snipe.. as once you land the CS its your city...

Another way is to get a bunch of your alliance mates and run an op on that person... if they need to defend 5 cities at the same time from multiple CS... they cant cover them all