How do you coordinate attacks

DeletedUser

We had 3 members from our alliance attack an enemy alliance member. We all coordinated our attack so that we would all arrive at the exact same time, but when launching, we were off by seconds of eachother.

Even though the overall attack was a success, the members who got there just seconds before the others lost everything, while the member arriving last got credit for the Battle Points and received all the resources.

How do we make sure we are all arriving at the exact same second so this doesn't happen again?

DeletedUser271

It is not possible to make all attacks at the exact same time. There is an anti-timing system they makes attacks arrive +/-10 seconds ;-)

DeletedUser

So, what would you suggest to make sure the first arriving groups dont lose everything? One thing i thought of is each of the 3 members in this attack could break there attack into 3 parts, sending each a minute apart from the others. This would mean that each minute, there would be 3 smaller attacks.

DeletedUser271

So, what would you suggest to make sure the first arriving groups dont lose everything? One thing i thought of is each of the 3 members in this attack could break there attack into 3 parts, sending each a minute apart from the others. This would mean that each minute, there would be 3 smaller attacks.

I don't know sorry :-(

wanna bet i can do it?

Prove it :p

DeletedUser

Cant now ,i join this server just for fun,i will do it when i can with prints from my server.But now is peace.

DeletedUser

It is fully possible, I had 4 attacks land at the same second a few days ago. Then I got Admin, couldn't do it again. :(

DeletedUser

It is fully possible, I had 4 attacks land at the same second a few days ago. Then I got Admin, couldn't do it again. :(
The anti-timing is lower using the administrator, but its always luck... (good or bad luck)

You always score battle points when you hit the enemy troops! And this BP are the best price. Much better than any resource booty...

Why do you want military units?!

DeletedUser

Is it actually an "anti-timing" feature, or more of an internet speed/connection issue? I've had the latter issues on other games such as this and it can definitely make a difference. The Grepolis servers can only process the commands as fast as they receive them, and I would wager that we're not all on the same upload speeds in cyberspace.......
My 2 cents.

DeletedUser

It is an anti-timer, that has been proven and confirmed by devs over and over.

And precise timing is very important. Trust me on this, you do not want to send attacks that are a minute apart each to any player with a decent bit of experience.

DeletedUser

The anti-timer is a way to introduce a random variable in the game (and that's the essence of any game).
Is like to roll one dice in a board game.

And yes, the exact time is essential.
You can dodge any attack having just a couple seconds to do that (being connected on time, of course).

DeletedUser

The anti-timing is lower using the administrator, but its always luck... (good or bad luck)

Hi Oriol, I'm pretty experienced in this game and I've never heard of or noticed that the anti-timer acts any differently for players using the Administrator than it does for players who are not using it. With that said, I still learn new aspects of the game on a regular basis. What is your source of information for this comment. I would really like to confirm assertion.

wanna bet i can do it?

Hi Impact, I agree getting attacks to land in the same second can be done. But, can you do it every time you send a group of attacks with every city you send from? Or does it take sending from 20-30 cities to get 2 or 3 attacks that land in the same second. Please also PM me an image of your attack sequence from the Admin overview, I'd love to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We had 3 members from our alliance attack an enemy alliance member. We all coordinated our attack so that we would all arrive at the exact same time, but when launching, we were off by seconds of eachother.

Even though the overall attack was a success, the members who got there just seconds before the others lost everything, while the member arriving last got credit for the Battle Points and received all the resources.

How do we make sure we are all arriving at the exact same second so this doesn't happen again?

What you are describing is exactly how the game is played and not something that can be avoided, nor should you try to. You should take it into consideration though. Some points to remember:
1. The game has a built-in anti-timer. This adds or subtracts a random number of seconds to the travel times of your attack and support waves. Always check the landing time of your wave after you send it, you have 10 minutes after sending to cancel any wave if the anti timer has put it out of sync with your CS (attacks must land before CS, supports after).
2. The game times are displayed in seconds, but are actually registered in smaller increments, so even if all your attacks land in the same second, they will still be processed in a particular order.
3. The waves that hit first will probably lose everything (unless they opponent dodges), but they do receive BP for everything they kill, even if the battle report didn't say how many points they received. Resources can only be taken if there are surviving units to carry them back; however, as an earlier poster said, BP is preferable over resources any day.
4. This is a war game, you will benefit greatly and have a lot of fun if you adopt the mentality of "build'em to kill'em, a soldiers job is to die in battle". Don't get attached to your troops.

DeletedUser

Hi Oriol, I'm pretty experienced in this game and I've never heard of or noticed that the anti-timer acts any differently for players using the Administrator than it does for players who are not using it. With that said, I still learn new aspects of the game on a regular basis. What is your source of information for this comment. I would really like to confirm assertion.
Hi CreamPuff, I can only assert this based on my own experience, and i can be wrong, of course.

However i played enough time both with the administrator or not, to have a good sample of battles in my own score.
From last setember til november i've been playing in a x1 world (revolt) without any premium feature. On that time period (a couple months) i've conquered 10 cities, scoring 30k ABP and 40k DBP in this slow world (i was following a defensive strategy using my bireme fleet to win culture points because i was running out of gold).
My impression is that the error interval without the administrator feature is larger.
If i have an error interval of [20] (+-10) seconds using the premium feature, when i was without the admin this interval raise to [40] (+-20 seconds).

Moreover, i'm very agreed with your last post.
I'll like just to add one more thing: All the buildings development and academy researchs in grepolis are intended only for military purposes. When you reach to have a city maxed out, you will be just disappointed...

DeletedUser

Thanks Oriol, next time my administrator runs out I think I'll experiment with a few attacks to see if I can match your experience before I renew him. This could be very important knowledge if it proves to be universal among servers.

DeletedUser

Is it actually an "anti-timing" feature, or more of an internet speed/connection issue? I've had the latter issues on other games such as this and it can definitely make a difference. The Grepolis servers can only process the commands as fast as they receive them, and I would wager that we're not all on the same upload speeds in cyberspace.......
My 2 cents.

I agree with this one. We all have different upload speeds and different devices slowing our internet speeds and different providers. Is it possible to land attacks at the same exact time? I am sure it is... But is it likely that it will happen as planned? Probably not because of some many factors.