Horseman issue

• Thread starter III VICIOUS III
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hello I am playing on Hyperborea. This is my first game. I have reached level 13 on my academy. I researched the horseman as soon as I was able. However when I go to the barracks to order them it tells me in red letters must be researched at level 10. This is done it says it was and will not let me re-research them. Help!

Thanks
V

DeletedUser1172

Your Barracks must be researched at level 10, not the Academy, if I'm understanding you correctly.

DeletedUser

The barracks must be built to level 10, as well the research in the academy. Chariots also need a lvl 15 barracks to be trained alongside their research.

DeletedUser

Horseman reaction(s)

The barracks must be built to level 10, as well the research in the academy. Chariots also need a lvl 15 barracks to be trained alongside their research.

Horseman has helped me out a lot, but they seem to be random regardless what ones' strength(s) are, one minute they do heavy damage to an enemy but others - they tend to wimp out and take heavy damage themselves... Horseman need to be fixed as to say and be more reliable so there isn't any doubts at the last second, especially standing around and used for defenses ...

-PINKFLOYD-

DeletedUser

So, how many times have you sent horsemen against a city full of hoplites, or a city full of archers? There's 3 types of attacks, blunt, sharp, and distance. All units have 1 type of attack, and varying defense for each. Horsemen use blunt, which hoplites and chariots are strong against, and archers are weak against.

DeletedUser

First off, there's an edit button, I do recommend using it rather than double posting.

Second, pure nukes are always better than mixed nukes, at least in my opinion.

And third, you'd be surprised how many times I've seen cities stacked heavily in favor of one style of defense, usually overdoing it with swordsmen or chariots, not archers. For the record, that is one of many reasons why manti nukes are so awesome, besides their terrifying power.