Guests on the forum ?

DeletedUser271

Hi :)

While reading some old threads, I saw this one. And what is weird is that :

623962image.jpg

Why is TheHermit marked as a 'guest' ? How did he become one ?

DeletedUser

That was the old designation, before the new ones (like yours says Aristotle).

DeletedUser271

I remember when TheHermit arrived on the forums, and the titles were already set... Are you sure about what you're saying ?

DeletedUser

Hmmm, seems as thought they were. No idea tbh, but since it was almost 6 months ago, not very inclined to investigate it either. If it happens now, I will look more carefully.

DeletedUser

I remember when TheHermit arrived on the forums, and the titles were already set... Are you sure about what you're saying ?

It could have been a possibility that this user registered before the newer user titles were implemented. As all user groups have to go through a table on the server. Sometimes users can be overlooked and will have to be manually changed (not very often).
Or maybe when he registered the forum put him in the guest group rather than the registered users group. That is often determined by post count like it is now.
vBulletin is cranky sometimes..so maybe it just had a bad day. :p

~ Lane

DeletedUser271

It could have been a possibility that this user registered before the newer user titles were implemented.
This can't be true. When he first posted, he had a title like everyone. I even remember that he asked for a sig here. If I remember well, he reached 100 posts pretty quickly, and he almost didn't post in OT. I know a lot about him, he even made a friendship request (if I find the e-mail back I'll post a screenshot).

Or maybe when he registered the forum put him in the guest group rather than the registered users group. That is often determined by post count like it is now.
vBulletin is cranky sometimes..so maybe it just had a bad day. :p
Hmmm... It may be that, but he wasn't a guest when he used to post ;-)

Sorry for insisting, but I really want to know what happened :)

DeletedUser

It is generally how a previously registered user appears after their account has been deleted/removed from the forum.

DeletedUser

An admin at the time must have deleted it. Unsure why, wasn't here at the time. It isn't an option offered now.