Gold Trading Feature Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Screw this BS! Don't ruin this game like all the other dead p2w games! It shouldn't cost money to win!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is no need to link another servers discussion thread. Each servers players have their own spot to have their opinions heard. Please do not link people away from here.

Kariella

Hoplite
imho no and no... i dont need to see it on the test server... the bottom line is this... it cost .37 a week per premium advisor, approx $2 a week for all of them... throw in an extra 300 gold for building and your at what $3 a week... thats really not a lot of $$$ let people buy their own gold if they want to play...

resources is just barely keeping the game balanced as is... and now if people can sell gold for resources as well... geeze... keep in mind that people that play this game aren't too poor to come up with $3 a week... they must have access to a computer or internet or a smartphone or a tablet... and (and I could be wrong on this) but isnt paying with paypal pretty universal? so even if you dont have a credit card... I can't speak for other countries... but in the US... hell no... make them buy their own gold

DeletedUser

Regardless of what people spend, my opinion is that the people actually planning to play the world won't sell their resources. However, with that said and I'll be the first to admit I will do it, people will join worlds to build their warehouse and resources just to obtain gold. That can be seen two ways: 1. It will mess up the world for for new users who won't know to join every server to "farm" gold 2. Each world will be buying and selling essentially to another world creating a kind of grepolis economy (I see this as an initial boost in sales for inno, but if the same gold is in circulation, it could fall off)

Anyway that is just how I see the system affecting the game. To be honest, if you are a regular player and "farm" the gold I don't think it will effect you and may benefit you. I think the real losers will be the new players to the game that might not play long enough to learn what to do due to the faster acceleration of the experienced players buying resources.

DeletedUser

Regardless of what people spend, my opinion is that the people actually planning to play the world won't sell their resources. However, with that said and I'll be the first to admit I will do it, people will join worlds to build their warehouse and resources just to obtain gold.

That is a very good point, I'll see if I can stress the issue on the beta forums.

I think it would be good if all gold bought from the market was separate from the gold bought with money and useable ONLY on the world where it was bought. It should also be impossible to resell gold bought on the market.

Please mind, a mod is just a regular player and I don't have any influence at innogames so I can't promise anything. thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser10119

I disagree with draqone simply because your idea would unbalance the game further, simming in worlds however lets players gain the advantage of gold trading

DeletedUser

I disagree with draqone simply because your idea would unbalance the game further, simming in worlds however lets players gain the advantage of gold trading

I am open to suggestions, however I don't think it'd imbalance the game further. Now that gold trading is possible cross-world, it would allow players to buy gold on one world and sell it on another. This would practically allow resource transfer between worlds which is a huge no-no for me.

DeletedUser

I am open to suggestions, however I don't think it'd imbalance the game further. Now that gold trading is possible cross-world, it would allow players to buy gold on one world and sell it on another. This would practically allow resource transfer between worlds which is a huge no-no for me.

...and Hyperborea would be the economic center of the grepo universe...

DeletedUser10520

If this feature comes in I will prob start a new city in every existing server and the one's to come. build the market up and res buildings just big enough to fill up every day. smash/demo every other building down so no one in their right mind would want the city. Then I will use those cities to farm gold for the world I play on. Cheep trades with no care as to what i get for them, ill just want enough gold off all to them to make the server i play cheeper or free :). I'm quite sure many others will do this too.....