Divine Enyoy

DeletedUser

Well, they really need to increase favor rate, increase favor cap, or both for me to really use this add.......not sure what benefit there is in mass producing these but I'd love to hear other opinions.

DeletedUser

Apparently, they're (theoretically) so easy to unlock you'll probably unlock them before slingers, and probably have plenty as well. So, by the time you have a second city, they're useless.

DeletedUser

Agreed. Not sure why the designers consider this a "good" add....would be nice to see something really "cutting edge"

DeletedUser

Such as the Reservation Tool? Which was probably one of the best updates I've seen in a while.

DeletedUser

Now, I haven't even found that one yet.....lol. Do tell.....

DeletedUser

Go to the flag on the new bar. Essentially, it's a claiming tool. There's a bunch of stuff about it in a thread in the announcements.

DeletedUser

Alliance member just filled me in, thanks. Yes, that's a nice (albeit tiny) enhancement.

DeletedUser1768

Anyone know can Divine Envoy be sent to another city as support if from a different god as all gods can produce the same unit.

DeletedUser

In ATTACK is clearly worse than a knight (55 blunt weapon the knight vs 35 the "envoy") occupying both 3 pop and being slower

About DEFENSE
1 god envoy is:
20 blunt
20 sharp
20 distance

Swordman
14*3=42 blunt
8*3=24 sharp
30*3=90 distance

ARCHER
6*3=18
25*3=75
12*3=26

HOPLITE
18*3=54
12*3=36
7*3=21

1 SM + 1 ARCHER + 1 HOPLITE
14+6+18=38 blunt
8+25+12=45 sharp
30+12+7=49 distance

I mean, given that population occupies 3, for me is a useless unit in both attack and defense.

The only advantadge is that his cost in resources is 0... is for free if you have a good temple and favor enought.
That could be a good emergency solution, like the chariot gift of Zeus, but cheaper.

DeletedUser

Honestly, this thing is the new Trireme of land units. The only difference is that while the Trireme has the niche of being the only non-mythical mixed naval unit, there are no shortage of mixed land units that strictly outclass Divine Envoy in terms of population space.

I mean, even in a crisis where you need to churn out a bunch of units and you're short on resources. 500 favor gets you... 33 Divine Envoys. That's enough to defend against an army of... 29 slingers on average. Yeah, you're better off just casting a spell on the incoming attack.

The only practical advantage I can think of is if you're on a hero world and need a really cheap Divine unit to farm favor with Temple Looting.

DeletedUser

Well, i hope people keep building envoy... ;)
iccws.png
a455417c323b40edbd31fba.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I myself am finding divine envoys very usefull for turn and burn blunt weapon nukes.
They go great with horsemen and are easy to mass produce quickly and efficently.

DeletedUser

I myself am finding divine envoys very usefull for turn and burn blunt weapon nukes.
They go great with horsemen and are easy to mass produce quickly and efficently.
Not in a speed x1 world like DELTA... where your temples needs a couple days to be filled.
I always have anything best to do with my divine favor.