Credits to Scipio Africanus I
Hello guys! I want to introduce myself in this first issue so you know some things. I am quite excited to be writing for the whole world of Delos. I look forward to publishing many issues (hopefully one per week, I might do more sometimes) containing tons of useful information. I have written papers before, but had to stop due to personal issues. I have no problems to worry about right now. I started playing Grepolis in 2011 on EN Tau and have gained some experience since then. I have played on several worlds (Usually just for fun). I have seen many changes brought into Grepolis such as music and heroes. I will have fun doing this and I hope you all enjoy!~ figgy
A look at Delos...
Opened October 6th, 2015.
Delos has the following settings:
World ID: US 48
Unit Speed: 3
Alliance Limit: 100
Beginners Protection: 7 Days
Delos is the second speed three world of Generation 3.
A Worldwide Challenge!
That's right! A worldwide challenge! All players have the opportunity to conquer the community manager (CrimsonBlue). Please take note that this time the city is significantly larger (Over 8,000 as of this point), has decent defenses, a high level wall, and is not hidden. You must decide to either support him in this or conquer the city for yourself. To find him, search CrimsonBlue in player rankings.
Some Helpful Tips...
1. If under attack, dodge and save your troops (If possible).
2. Do NOT completely follow the tutorial. It will get you conquered if you do.
3. Have an adequate defense built by the end of beginners protection (suggested having a fair amount of DLU [Swords, Hops, and Arcs] along with a decent wall [Recommended level 3-5 out of BP and level 10 a week or two after the end of BP]).
4. Be ready to strike your enemy when beginners protection ends (you need both a defense and an offense in your first city).
5. When conquering a city, make sure your colony ship has clearing attacks before and a decent escort with it to prevent failures (also have defense land right after the CS)
6. Also when conquering a city, make sure others can't end your conquest easily (ex: A player has a good bireme defense and 200 slingers for land. His land defense is made of offense and gets killed.) by having defense.
7. The only troops you ever need to use for basic defense are Swordsmen, Hoplites, and Archers.
8. The only troops you ever need to use for basic offense are Slingers, Hoplites, and Horsemen.
9. To avoid losing offensive units, it is recommended to send them out either as support for a defensive city or on a mission to loot a foreign city.
10. If you get conquered, do not get mad. Start over and learn from the mistakes you made last time.
Events for the rest of 2015 are as follows:
Halloween: Starts mid-late October
Christmas: Starts early December
Weekly News Headlines
1. Pilot dies mid-flight of a heart attack causing co-pilot to make an emergency landing.
2. Angry employees storm Air France headquarters and rip clothes off executives.
3. Heavy rains along the east coast leave many homes and roads in ruin (14 confirmed dead).
4. Joe Biden to announce presidential run in the next few weeks.
5. Federal investigators to probe ship in Florida destroyed in hurricane.
Fun SectionThere will be games after BP ends along with jokes. The jokes have been edited (removed profanity and anything not PG-13 or lower). These jokes are meant to be funny and should not be taken offensively towards anyone.
A Few Jokes (Not written by me)
A mans dog dies one day, and the man is very upset. His dog did everything for him.
Washed the dishes... bought things from the shop. The man was so upset, he decided to go and buy a new pet. Once at the pet store, he asked the manager, "Do you have any pets that will do anything for me? My dog has just passed away and I want something to replace him."
The manager looks around. "We don't have much, I'm afraid. Just this centipede here"
The man looks puzzled, but accepts the centipede anyway.
Back home, the man tests the centipede out. "Go and bring me a beer from the fridge", he asks. The centipede got to work straight away. "Go and run a bath for me". The centipede did as asked once again. The man, before getting in the bath, asks the centipede "Pop to the shop and buy me a newspaper please" The centipede does this. An hour later, the man comes out of the bath, to find the centipede sitting at the bottom of the stairs, and hadn't yet gone to the shop.
"I thought I told you to go to the shop?"
The centipede replies "GIMMIE A CHANCE TO GET MY SHOES ON!"
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.
Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and said, "Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"
He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a turd. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So my wife called him something so bad even God's eyes widened. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.
Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus.
A Democrat walks into a doctor's office with a frog sitting on his head.
The frog looks at the doctor and says, "Hey doc, can you get this wart off my butt?"
The next issue will contain quite a bit more as I will have more topics to discuss. I will have a lot more Delos related subjects being discussed. I look forward to continue writing papers for you guys. Hope you enjoyed this issue!
Last edited by a moderator: